Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1204 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
How much should I expect to pay to replace water pump on BMW F10?

Also, any mechanic recommendation in the GTA?
Dec 22, 2015
83 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
booblehead wrote: Assumption: 2018 440 GC - per your described packages - $66,650
6.5% dealer discount
$3,000 factory credit incentive
$7,000 down (+ HST .. due on delivery)
$3000 fees rolled into lease
16,000km per year
1.9% interest

48 months - 50% residual - $528 + taxes.

With $0 down: 48 months - $680 + taxes
What about the 2019s? If there's no more inventory for the 2018s I think I'll have to order right?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25729 posts
10772 upvotes
Toronto
Right now, there should be lots of supply out there still and you can still custom order a 2018 (and you will likely receive the last batch of MY2018 production). Just ask dealer what they have and dealer can also do a local search (dealers in the GTA) to see what they have. However, your dealer will not be too keen on doing a trade with the other dealer to get you the car as inter-dealer trade usually cost your dealer some $, in which your dealer will likely reduce your requested discount accordingly, meaning, you would be paying for this trade in the end.

MY2019 will likely start production around April 2018. You can ask dealer to see if they have the DOG (dealer ordering guide) and pricing. Do note the 19 will have a small price increase over 18 with relatively minor changes in options/packages. There will likely have no factory credit at the beginning and interest rate will be higher than the 18. Residual should be higher though for leasing. In the end, the 18 may still be a bit cheaper to get if you are leasing, IMO.

I do see TCBMW has one that closely matched to your criteria
https://www.tcbmw.com/new/2018-BMW-440% ... Coupe.html

As a quick scan to other dealers' inventories online, Budds and Endras each has one (but with slightly more options).
https://www.buddsbmw.com/new/vehicle/20 ... 565686.htm
http://www.endrasbmw.com/new/2018-BMW-4 ... Coupe.html
Aug 18, 2013
50 posts
5 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks @booblehead ! Im getting the following deal on a 440xi stock (manual) with BMW individual paint as the only option:

Lease term - 48 months
Monthly payments - $~700/month
Allowance - 20,000/year
Province - Ontario
$0 down with due on delivery being first month + security deposit + admin fee of $500

Thoughts?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25729 posts
10772 upvotes
Toronto
aliken wrote: Thanks @booblehead ! Im getting the following deal on a 440xi stock (manual) with BMW individual paint as the only option:

Lease term - 48 months
Monthly payments - $~700/month
Allowance - 20,000/year
Province - Ontario
$0 down with due on delivery being first month + security deposit + admin fee of $500

Thoughts?
No options packages at all ? Just base + indiv. paint - MSRP $59,800

BAsed on that, you should really be looking at $690 per month OTR ... as this will give you 6.5% dealer side discount.

Due on delivery - as exactly what you have mentioned. + license admin fee ( I assumed) but do watch out on how much the dealer wants ... it can range from $25 - $100.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2769 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
I can't see anyone why they would choose the new M5 over the E63S especially when the latter comes in wagon form which looks AWESOME.

The BMW lineup nowadays is rather disappointing. :T
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25729 posts
10772 upvotes
Toronto
people who choose M5 (or any M models) tends to be in their 20's-40's. they still tend to view MB as old man's car, regardless of what models, maybe even the GTR.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2769 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: people who choose M5 tends to be in their 30-40's. they still tend to view MB as old man's car, regardless of what models.
I think Benz has done a fantastic job in recent years, their lineup is awesome - also, they've always had a slight edge in interior quality and design relative to BMW.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2459 posts
485 upvotes
TO
The E63 has ridiculous resale used (CPO I’m talking). A 2014 E63 is $75K?? Really? These cars depreciate fast, this is a $60K car tops in the US. Crazy money or I would consider one.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5060 posts
1741 upvotes
Winnipeg
""There is a warranty on the tires depending what brand they are. A full brake job for an X5 is around 1800-2000 i think if memory serves me right""
Suv only has 50k...would rotors need to be done?
Thank you
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25729 posts
10772 upvotes
Toronto
If you are doing the brakes , why not do the whole thing as you wind up paying labor 2x if done separately.. per se. Your rotor may only be good til 60k on average. After all, the x5 is a heavy vehicle and brakes do take a beating to stop this elephant.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1318 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
nosnoop wrote: Just found out the supposed included Rear Heated Seats are not there!

I always thought I have included rear heated seats when I ordered the 2018 X3 as I have selected "Premium Package Enhanced" - which included "Seat Heating, Front and Rear" as described in the web page.

And it still says so in the web page configurator.
But it is not there (I found out after my kids complained!)

Checked bimmer.work detailed configuration description for my VIN, there is no mention of rear heated seat.
My sales contract only says "Premium Package Enhanced".

They probably messed it up in the configurator.
So is there anything I can do?
Take it up with the dealership? Or BMW Canada?
What options are there when there is a discrepancy between the package description and what you actually get?
Did you pay more to get the leather seats? If you are just getting the leatherette seats, only the front has heated seats with the Premium package enhanced.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2514 posts
546 upvotes
Looking at the 2018 x3 with enhanced premium and Advanced driver assistance. If anyone has any leads or recently leased one I would be very interested to share info.