Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
... yes. there are speculation the base price will jump by $5-6K though (to around $70K) over the current gen., given engine, suspension, etc are being parts bin from the M3/4.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1331 posts
241 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Need some advice in negotiating a price for an i3. Assuming BMW will discount the car at about the same rate as their regular ICE cars, what discount percentage is reasonable to expect?
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
6-6.5% + $2500 EV credit. Do shop around though. Lots of dealers in the GTA. If no negotiation, then dealer may offer 3-4% as their typical.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 1:05 pm
Registration closed Face Screaming In Fear
http://driveevent-en.bmw.ca/

More time slots have just opened up ... this is for Toronto. Ontario Place. May 9 - 13.

As a friendly reminder, May 13 is Mother's Day. You may want to consider taking your Mom to this test drive too. Winking Face There is supposed to be a F90 M5 there, this could be one hell of a ride along for all Moms.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10321 posts
2605 upvotes
Markham
booblehead wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 1:47 pm
http://driveevent-en.bmw.ca/

More time slots have just opened up ... this is for Toronto. Ontario Place. May 9 - 13.

As a friendly reminder, May 13 is Mother's Day. You may want to consider taking your Mom to this test drive too. Winking Face There is supposed to be a F90 M5 there, this could be one hell of a ride along for all Moms.
Signed up! thanks!

but 3 hours?!
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:00 pm
Signed up! thanks!

but 3 hours?!
you don't have to stay for 3 hrs. Free to go anytime. Actually, the event is really just around 2.25 - 2.5 hrs at most in duration.

I believe they give away of freebie is at end of the event though. In Vancouver, the freebie is a fancy water bottle. But you can ask for it if you are leaving early.
Last edited by booblehead on Apr 19th, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1154 posts
380 upvotes
Scarborough
So I just purchased a new M2 from Pfaff but I am unsure how to feel about my SA.

I struck a good deal, no thanks to him though, he was just a middle man who tried to convince me extra PDI charges are valid. I would of found another dealer/SA but there was only 2 dealers with the specific colour in manual transmission so I had no choice, and I was able to get a good deal.

I feel like he hasnt done much to go out of his way and appreciate my business. It is my first time buying a new car so excuse me if I sound entitled but I was expecting more after buying a new car, (Somewhat expensive?). Like maybe a M related gift? Something to appreciate my business?

This didn’t feel too much different than buying my used Mazda from a dealer few yrs ago.
I just got a folder with my invoice and misc. paperwork and off I went home. Now I’m waiting to pick up the car.

Is this how it is when you buy new BMW? Am I expecting too much?
Past: 02' Protege5 | 07' Mazda3 GT | 02' BMW M3 | 10' Mazdaspeed3 |03 S2000 |05' S2000 Now: 18' BMW M2
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2731 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
STCman wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:19 pm
So I just purchased a new M2 from Pfaff but I am unsure how to feel about my SA.

I struck a good deal, no thanks to him though, he was just a middle man who tried to convince me extra PDI charges are valid. I would of found another dealer/SA but there was only 2 dealers with the specific colour in manual transmission so I had no choice, and I was able to get a good deal.

I feel like he hasnt done much to go out of his way and appreciate my business. It is my first time buying a new car so excuse me if I sound entitled but I was expecting more after buying a new car, (Somewhat expensive?). Like maybe a M related gift? Something to appreciate my business?

This didn’t feel too much different than buying my used Mazda from a dealer few yrs ago.
I just got a folder with my invoice and misc. paperwork and off I went home. Now I’m waiting to pick up the car.

I got my M3 at Autohaus and they gave me a keychain, a tumbler and BMW air freshener lol
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
STCman wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:19 pm

SA at dealers don't see any difference if you are buying a 330 vs 760. They don't know much of the car to begin with as they are there simply filling out your offer info and present it and be done with so they can chalk one up on their monthly sales quotas. Do they care about you ? Not at all, once you signed and car is delivered (paper work all signed), you will never hear from your SA again. Unlike say 20 yrs ago that you will get a friendly call from your SA to chit chat with you.

As far as freebie on delivery day, M keychain you should get (but kind of a crappy type though), M mug and that would be it ... if you want more, then you have to press him to give you more ... but still probably limit to say <$30 of stuff.

If you want an exceptional experience, then you may need to step up to the Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, Rolls/Bentley type of purchase. Porsche may be just slightly better in buying experience over the other Euro brands ... not by much.
Last edited by booblehead on Apr 19th, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.