Automotive

BMW questions and answers

May 3, 2008
875 posts
435 upvotes
Markham
marcsterr wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:36 pm
I got my M3 at Autohaus and they gave me a keychain, a tumbler and BMW air freshener lol
I got a key chain of my choice, shampoo for the car (dont think there is conditioner, haha), negotiated winter mats on top of discounts.

Re STCMan's M2, its certainly not the cheapest car on the lot, so expected a little more of a "thank you" gesture is totally fair and I expected that too if I am in the same shoe.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1154 posts
380 upvotes
Scarborough
thanks for the responses.

I guess we shall see what I get on delivery day next week lol

He offered 15% off M Accessories as a thank you.......... LOL
I should of negotiated in some M-Performance Pedals or Grills, to make myself feel better.
Past: 02' Protege5 | 07' Mazda3 GT | 02' BMW M3 | 10' Mazdaspeed3 |03 S2000 |05' S2000 Now: 18' BMW M2
Mar 14, 2006
871 posts
128 upvotes
Coquitlam
STCman wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:19 pm
So I just purchased a new M2 from Pfaff but I am unsure how to feel about my SA.

I struck a good deal, no thanks to him though, he was just a middle man who tried to convince me extra PDI charges are valid. I would of found another dealer/SA but there was only 2 dealers with the specific colour in manual transmission so I had no choice, and I was able to get a good deal.

I feel like he hasnt done much to go out of his way and appreciate my business. It is my first time buying a new car so excuse me if I sound entitled but I was expecting more after buying a new car, (Somewhat expensive?). Like maybe a M related gift? Something to appreciate my business?

This didn’t feel too much different than buying my used Mazda from a dealer few yrs ago.
I just got a folder with my invoice and misc. paperwork and off I went home. Now I’m waiting to pick up the car.

Is this how it is when you buy new BMW? Am I expecting too much?
I have purchased 5 BMW's from the same BMW dealer in the past 15 years and have never received anything from the dealer. In the spirit of redflag deals all I really care about is a healthy discount on my vehicle with no bogus fees and a high trade in value for my old vehicle ........
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23359 posts
8300 upvotes
Toronto
Maranello will give you 20% off and you don't even have to buy a car there, given they suck in their sales & service.

STCman wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:50 pm
thanks for the responses.

I guess we shall see what I get on delivery day next week lol

He offered 15% off M Accessories as a thank you.......... LOL
I should of negotiated in some M-Performance Pedals or Grills, to make myself feel better.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9937 posts
2297 upvotes
Markham
When I got my C43, I got a full set of Winter floormat (weather tech style), the cargo net as free gift,
MB key chain and Full tank of gas (no charge).
A month later, MB Canada sent a wine stopper in the mail as client appreciation.

SA also sent me email to follow up with my purchase and a Thank you email from MB Retail Group of Toronto.

The only thing MB customers don't get is the free oil change for the first few years versus BMW.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23359 posts
8300 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 4:03 pm
When I got my C43, I got a full set of Winter floormat (weather tech style), the cargo net as free gift,
MB key chain and Full tank of gas (no charge).
A month later, MB Canada sent a wine stopper in the mail as client appreciation.

SA also sent me email to follow up with my purchase and a Thank you email from MB Retail Group of Toronto.

The only thing MB customers don't get is the free oil change for the first few years versus BMW.
I got a stupid paper weight of some sort with MB logo on it as client appreciation.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9937 posts
2297 upvotes
Markham
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 3:00 pm
I went to the x-tour drive event in Vancouver this past Sunday from 10 to 1 and it was great! The test drive event was scheduled from 10 to 1 but actually started at 10:30 and ended at 12:30 so it was actually only 2 hours long.

The x–tour event consisted of 4 parts 1) a brief 10 minute sit down discussion and review of x-drive technology 2) hands on driving session with X5 and X6 vehicles over various ramps to demonstrate the all wheel drive ability 3) hands on driving session on slalom course with X2 and X3 vehicles 4) 2 laps around slalom course in M5 driven by a race car driver

The M5 is a beast with 600 horsepower and the traction of all wheel drive. The race car driver drove the M5 in all wheel drive sports mode with all traction control and stability control off! I love the power and and traction of the M5 but in person to me even in dark blue it looks too much like an ordinary 5 series. Unless your pockets are very deep, the depreciation on a $120,000 M5 is a killer and going to be $60,000 to $70,000 after 4 years!

Here is a short video of the M5 being driven through the slalom!
So the more aggressive drive is only when testing the M5? The X2, X3, X5 and X6 are just chilling?
My wife doesn't want to come along if all the drive is going to be "aggressive", she doesn't really enjoy the ultimate driving experience especially when I'm the one driving, haha
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Sep 23, 2016
64 posts
5 upvotes
do you guys know if the dealership typically allow you to makes changes 2 weeks after you have put in a production order?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23359 posts
8300 upvotes
Toronto
Ask dealer to see if it’s locked. If not, you can make changes
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1291 posts
228 upvotes
Burlington, ON
booblehead wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 2:15 pm
6-6.5% + $2500 EV credit. Do shop around though. Lots of dealers in the GTA. If no negotiation, then dealer may offer 3-4% as their typical.
How does the $2,500 EV credit work if you place a factory order? Since it may take 60-90 days to arrive, is the eligibility of the EV credit based on when the order is placed, or when it is delivered (I'm hypothetically assuming here the EV credit disappears after April)?
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23359 posts
8300 upvotes
Toronto
flyboy320 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 6:32 pm
How does the $2,500 EV credit work if you place a factory order? Since it may take 60-90 days to arrive, is the eligibility of the EV credit based on when the order is placed, or when it is delivered (I'm hypothetically assuming here the EV credit disappears after April)?
For that, you will have to discuss with dealer. I think it’s going to be there for awhile still
Mar 14, 2006
871 posts
128 upvotes
Coquitlam
MP3_SKY wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 4:15 pm
So the more aggressive drive is only when testing the M5? The X2, X3, X5 and X6 are just chilling?
My wife doesn't want to come along if all the drive is going to be "aggressive", she doesn't really enjoy the ultimate driving experience especially when I'm the one driving, haha
The drive portion when you drive the X5 and X6 over the ramps is with the BMW instructor in the car with you giving you advice on how to drive over the ramps so it is pretty tame.

When you drive the X2 and X3 M40i through the slalom the first lap is with the instructor in the vehicle showing you the course. After the first lap you are on your own with your partner with no instructor in the vehicle. You are allowed to swap vehicles after every lap and can drive the X2 and X3 as hard as you want! From what I could see almost everyone was pushing their vehicle pretty hard on the slalom with the smell of burnt rubber in the air. The instructors joked that for every cone knocked over in the slalom the driver would have to pay $20 to the instructor's beer fund.....
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2708 posts
801 upvotes
Toronto
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 3:00 pm
I went to the x-tour drive event in Vancouver this past Sunday from 10 to 1 and it was great! The test drive event was scheduled from 10 to 1 but actually started at 10:30 and ended at 12:30 so it was actually only 2 hours long.

The x–tour event consisted of 4 parts 1) a brief 10 minute sit down discussion and review of x-drive technology 2) hands on driving session with X5 and X6 vehicles over various ramps to demonstrate the all wheel drive ability 3) hands on driving session on slalom course with X2 and X3 vehicles 4) 2 laps around slalom course in M5 driven by a race car driver

The M5 is a beast with 600 horsepower and the traction of all wheel drive. The race car driver drove the M5 in all wheel drive sports mode with all traction control and stability control off! I love the power and and traction of the M5 but in person to me even in dark blue it looks too much like an ordinary 5 series. Unless your pockets are very deep, the depreciation on a $120,000 M5 is a killer and going to be $60,000 to $70,000 after 4 years!

Here is a short video of the M5 being driven through the slalom!

Thanks! Looks like a lot of fun.

I did a lap as a passenger in a F10 M5 on the Nurburgring and it was already stupid fast, I can only imagine what the F90 M5 has to offer! :D
Jan 31, 2008
24 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thinking about getting a M2, I haven't decided if I should wait for the M2 Comp yet but I would consider a current gen at the right price. I read someone was able to get 5200 off in the Toronto area, is that something possible elsewhere? Would this have to be an available car or could it be possible to do a factory order?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2413 posts
432 upvotes
TO
wing604 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 11:33 pm
Thinking about getting a M2, I haven't decided if I should wait for the M2 Comp yet but I would consider a current gen at the right price. I read someone was able to get 5200 off in the Toronto area, is that something possible elsewhere? Would this have to be an available car or could it be possible to do a factory order?
Wait for the M2 Comp. interior is terrible on current M2 and the new M2 has updated engine and bigger brakes etc. Current M2 is overrated.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)