Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2893 posts
38 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 11:39 am
http://www.rcmauto.com/auto/used-2013-b ... /25779919/

http://www.gslgmcity.com/VehicleDetails ... 3165866963

If you are looking for out of province. Just have to find out more on what options this has first and go from there.
Edmontons too far..thanks for looking though. I'll jus be patient and wait and see if any local x6ms are put up for sale.
:eek:
[Location]Adelaide/Sherbourne
[Email]andy.chau@me.com
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23358 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
Just to give you some references to look for as to what would be ball park #s.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1185 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
The last ice rain that we had messed up my cameras on the BMW F10.

Whenever I turn on the rear camera, side camera, or top view camera, I get the error: Camera Malfunction

Even though, the cameras work perfectly, but the error shows.

I googled and other people also have the same problem, and it seems to be related to moisture getting into the wiring of the cameras that cause this. And some say it went away on its own when the weather improved, but mine is still showing since past 3 weeks.

Any idea on how I can fix this?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2893 posts
38 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 12:00 pm
Just to give you some references to look for as to what would be ball park #s.
Found one locally 2012 fully loaded. downside is 139,000 km. Gonna bring it to RMP for a PPI and see what they say.
[Email]andy.chau@me.com
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23358 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
that's too much mileage for a M car. If it is around $34k range and little issues, then it may be worth considering.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2893 posts
38 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 10:33 am
that's too much mileage for a M car. If it is around $34k range and little issues, then it may be worth considering.
It's $30k which is pretty good. Im just worried about the "issues" which hopefully RMP can find and see if there is any major ones.
[Email]andy.chau@me.com
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23358 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
that's pretty good then. Just matter of what kind of issues it may have ... almost 7 yrs M car is not something I would even look at. The potential of something going wrong on outweighs is pretty high.

known issues:
circuit board for the electric water pump can overheat. This could lead to a fire.
The front driveshaft universal joint can fail due to water and debris contaminating it, causing excessive wear. This would prevent the front wheels from being driven, affecting vehicle traction possibly leading to an accident.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2893 posts
38 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 10:49 am
that's pretty good then. Just matter of what kind of issues it may have ... almost 7 yrs M car is not something I would even look at. The potential of something going wrong on outweighs is pretty high.

known issues:
circuit board for the electric water pump can overheat. This could lead to a fire.
The front driveshaft universal joint can fail due to water and debris contaminating it, causing excessive wear. This would prevent the front wheels from being driven, affecting vehicle traction possibly leading to an accident.
Yeah i know...hopefully this one isnt a lemon. Hard to find e71s as is since its not sold a lot in Ontario. This car wouldnt be driven much anyways, just weekends. I work downtown so i take the transit during the weekday.
[Email]andy.chau@me.com
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2412 posts
432 upvotes
TO
shoei wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 11:39 am
Yeah i know...hopefully this one isnt a lemon. Hard to find e71s as is since its not sold a lot in Ontario. This car wouldnt be driven much anyways, just weekends. I work downtown so i take the transit during the weekday.
I wouldn’t worry as much as others in here. I’ve owned many BMW and M cars out of warranty and as long as there is service history or a clean PPI, you’ll be fine. Just buy parts from Exxoparts and get Rocco to fix it. If it’s your weekend car, it will be so worth it to drive!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2893 posts
38 upvotes
tcharged wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 12:48 am
I wouldn’t worry as much as others in here. I’ve owned many BMW and M cars out of warranty and as long as there is service history or a clean PPI, you’ll be fine. Just buy parts from Exxoparts and get Rocco to fix it. If it’s your weekend car, it will be so worth it to drive!
Thanks, I hope it will be a clean PPI. Ive never owned a BMW before. Can i call up BMW Canada and request a car history if it was serviced at a BMW dealership? I know the X6 M had some recalls and just wanted to make sure the previous brought it in for service.
[Email]andy.chau@me.com
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23358 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
bmw canada will refer you to the dealer. But then dealer will not give you a copy of the service history due to privacy concerns. You can ask the details of it, if the dealer is friendly.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2893 posts
38 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 8:45 am
bmw canada will refer you to the dealer. But then dealer will not give you a copy of the service history due to privacy concerns. You can ask the details of it, if the dealer is friendly.
if thats the case, can i bring the car into the dealership and have them check if the recall was done?
[Email]andy.chau@me.com
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23358 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
you should call first (to a couple of dealers) to see if they can do you a favor, rather than go in there blindly. Cannot say which dealer is more friendly these days. Endras in Ajax tend to be a bit more helpful.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2412 posts
432 upvotes
TO
shoei wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 8:58 am
if thats the case, can i bring the car into the dealership and have them check if the recall was done?
Not true. Most dealers I’ve dealt with have shared copies of the service history - even on cars they were not selling. Service history info doesn’t even have owner info if they choose not to share it.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1425 posts
706 upvotes
GTA
I don't think this warrants a new thread, but I've pretty much decided that I would like to get an X5 as my first SUV.

Ideally, I would like this exact vehicle, but with half the kms:
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/X5/Toron ... /?showVs=1

There is this one, but it doesn't have the M package nor the wheels so I'd be adding to the cost as I'd have to buy the wheels (20" or 21"):
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/X5/Newma ... 1&showVs=1

So I guess my question is how many kms is too high? Is 20,000kms a bit too much? The bonus is that it has a 6 year CPO warranty which is obviously better than a 4 year warranty.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Tadalafil, freeforall