Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1360 posts
692 upvotes
Scarborough
tczernec wrote: Anyone know when the 2022 X3's go on sale? Are dealers taking preorders?

Also wondering - if I take a lease but prepay it, I assume that monthly debt stays off my credit report (trying to keep excess debt off my report).

Thanks.
They are already available for sale.
My dealership (Durham) has sold 2 so far. We have 3 more in inventory.

Not sure about the 2nd question..Will have to look into that.
-
Apr 9, 2007
274 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto, ON
STCman wrote: They are already available for sale.
My dealership (Durham) has sold 2 so far. We have 3 more in inventory.

Not sure about the 2nd question..Will have to look into that.
Thanks STCman. I'm looking to take one for a test drive potentially as early as tomorrow. My nearest dealer is Pfaff Markham but I understand they have some 'no haggle' pricing versus I've seen 6-7% off MSRP quoted here on RFD as a standard discount I should expect. Their website doesn't seem to give anywhere near 6-7% off (not surprising, since 'no haggle' usually means higher pricing that 'haggle' dealers I've found in the past) so wondering if maybe I just drive out to your dealership instead. Can you give me an idea what to expect for discounts? I'm looking at probably the X3 M40i (though possibly the xdrive30i) with (based on 2021 web configurator, since 2022 isn't online) something like the premium package enhanced + tow package + maybe a few other one-off options once I better understand them. Feel free to PM/DM me if that's more appropriate. Also wondering what approx time estimate is from order to delivery (most stock units don't have factory tow package so I assume I'd need to do a custom order). Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
He said 3-5% is to be expected (from his post back on aug 23)
Apr 9, 2007
274 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto, ON
booblehead wrote: He said 3-5% is to be expected (from his post back on aug 23)
Thanks! I might be mixing up my manufacturers - have been researching umpteen options :)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
No worry. You start with your target and see where this goes. If dealer has your preferred configured vehicle in stock, I can’t see why the dealer won’t want to deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1360 posts
692 upvotes
Scarborough
tczernec wrote: Thanks STCman. I'm looking to take one for a test drive potentially as early as tomorrow. My nearest dealer is Pfaff Markham but I understand they have some 'no haggle' pricing versus I've seen 6-7% off MSRP quoted here on RFD as a standard discount I should expect. Their website doesn't seem to give anywhere near 6-7% off (not surprising, since 'no haggle' usually means higher pricing that 'haggle' dealers I've found in the past) so wondering if maybe I just drive out to your dealership instead. Can you give me an idea what to expect for discounts? I'm looking at probably the X3 M40i (though possibly the xdrive30i) with (based on 2021 web configurator, since 2022 isn't online) something like the premium package enhanced + tow package + maybe a few other one-off options once I better understand them. Feel free to PM/DM me if that's more appropriate. Also wondering what approx time estimate is from order to delivery (most stock units don't have factory tow package so I assume I'd need to do a custom order). Thanks!
Thanks PMd you.

And yes, unfortunately the 6-7 % discount days are gone with the inventory issues. Doesn't hurt to try but I haven't seen that, especially on 2022 models.
-
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12392 posts
6575 upvotes
Vaughan
STCman wrote: Thanks PMd you.

And yes, unfortunately the 6-7 % discount days are gone with the inventory issues. Doesn't hurt to try but I haven't seen that, especially on 2022 models.
Are dealers discounting more on remaining 2021 inventory? What discount range can be expected for 2021 X3's and X5's for example? Or is it still just 3-5%?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Have to admit I had my doubts about a 10,000KM OCI especially given the stories from Europe after the filters disintegrating while being removed from the housing after long drains. Service indicator gave 14,000KM but I would never follow it. It’s been 8 months since previous service and I’m pleasantly surprised at the appearance of the used BMW oil (I recognize appearance isn’t an indicator but certainly not black and mud-like) and was happy the used Mahle filter removed easily:
Images
  • 597A7CCA-B8CB-46A0-8FC0-20C3E817A115.jpeg
  • 67449019-0862-4FFA-8BC7-4626834B5811.jpeg
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1360 posts
692 upvotes
Scarborough
kenchau wrote: Are dealers discounting more on remaining 2021 inventory? What discount range can be expected for 2021 X3's and X5's for example? Or is it still just 3-5%?
I would say 4% - 5% is possible without too much hassle.
3% if the dealer is being stubborn or holding on to something they think is unique.
Just for an update, these are our inventory numbers as of today.
13 - X5 40i
1 - X5 M
1 - X5 M50
1 - 430i Cab
18 - 330i
21 - X3
7 - X1
2 - 530i
-
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
Agree. @3%, dealer can keep them. @4%, I would rather keep on shopping around, esp, if the said model has no factory incentives
Apr 9, 2007
274 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just wanted to throw a huge shoutout to STCman - I contacted him recently about our new car purchase and he was responsive, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond our of his way to help us understand what's available and get us the best deal possible. At the risk of sounding like a commercial, if any of you are looking for someone amazing to work with on a new BMW you shouldn't hesitate to contact him!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1360 posts
692 upvotes
Scarborough
tczernec wrote: Just wanted to throw a huge shoutout to STCman - I contacted him recently about our new car purchase and he was responsive, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond our of his way to help us understand what's available and get us the best deal possible. At the risk of sounding like a commercial, if any of you are looking for someone amazing to work with on a new BMW you shouldn't hesitate to contact him!
Appreciate it!
-
Jan 10, 2018
25 posts
23 upvotes
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get into a 2022 M340 or x4m40.
My dealer called me in to look at lease end options but I'm not in a rush so would it make sense to wait until say December for potentially better factory incentives?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
rarely have I seen X4 has any meaningful factory incentives. X3 is a different story though.
Jan 10, 2018
25 posts
23 upvotes
Good point, I dont think Ive seen many incentives for the x4 either over the year. Maybe I should stick with the m340 but then the LCI seems to be next year. What would be the typical turnaround time for a custom order these days for an x4 or m340?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
jayt99 wrote: Good point, I dont think Ive seen many incentives for the x4 either over the year. Maybe I should stick with the m340 but then the LCI seems to be next year. What would be the typical turnaround time for a custom order these days for an x4 or m340?
only the dealer can tell you that. even that, do expect delay. Would I get a M340 knowing there is facelift coming ? I would probably say I would not since you are paying like $75K for one nowadays, for that kinds of $, I would want the latest and greatest.
Jan 10, 2018
25 posts
23 upvotes
That's true, you're probably right. Thanks for the input, I'll probably look into ordering an x4 then! Based on the recent discussion it looks like 3-5% off would be a good target to aim for I guess.
Jul 7, 2008
220 posts
59 upvotes
Malton, Mississauga
i'm considering taking over a lease for 2018 BMW 328d with aim of buying it back next year. Any thing to be vary of its diesel engine? Whats the reliability these days in general compared to a petrol alternatives.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Jan 20, 2016
144 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My factory warranty is expiring soon on my 2018 440i.

Thoughts on adding an extra 3 years of extended warraty for around $3200-3500? This has been reduced by $1000 off MSRP.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
4104 posts
6125 upvotes
Barrie, ON
You plan on keeping the car for how long? The B58 has been a pretty bulletproof engine for BMW no?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)