Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Had a positive experience at Richmond Hill service today with an I-Level update under extended warranty. Presented the SIB to the service advisor and indicated what I wanted done - no pushback whatsoever. Quick turnaround and friendly staff.
I also had a good experience in the summer. Routine maintenance + had my car inspected for a CEL. The CEL was for the active grille. Only thing that I wished was not there, is for them to charge for a loaner vehicle. They deal with Enterprise and do cover 1/2 of the cost, but even then. The rental car company gave me an Elantra lol. Wish they had something nicer.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
djemzine wrote: I also had a good experience in the summer. Routine maintenance + had my car inspected for a CEL. The CEL was for the active grille. Only thing that I wished was not there, is for them to charge for a loaner vehicle. They deal with Enterprise and do cover 1/2 of the cost, but even then. The rental car company gave me an Elantra lol. Wish they had something nicer.
Haha pleasant staff at that Enterprise location yesterday. A friend jokingly said I’d receive a Chevy Spark as I waited to be picked up…and sure enough one pulls up! Had a couple of stops to make yesterday on opposite ends of town and ended up doing 120KM with it on $10 worth of regular. CVT is garbage.
Oct 9, 2021
10 posts
1 upvote
Looking at either the 2021 or 2022 BMW X3. Anyone have the lease $$ for a 4 year, 20KM?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
One rfder recently got into a 22 x3 30 lease with 4% dealer discount and lots of accessories.
Oct 9, 2021
10 posts
1 upvote
djemzine wrote: @STCman can assist you.
Thank you, I have reached out. At another dealership, I got quoted $784 + tax on a 2022 X3 for 4 years, 20KM. They were saying it’s selling at MSRP no discounts available.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1360 posts
692 upvotes
Scarborough
rockytings wrote: Thank you, I have reached out. At another dealership, I got quoted $784 + tax on a 2022 X3 for 4 years, 20KM. They were saying it’s selling at MSRP no discounts available.
Thanks, PM'd
Discounts are definitely available

I am assuming $784+ tax is with about 5-6k due on delivery (freight pdi etc.)
-
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Just received the following:

“The BMW Born Electric Tour is bringing the first-ever BMW i4 and iX to Pfaff BMW and offering sneak previews of the next generation of BMW. We invite you to come and enjoy an up-close and personal look at our most electrifying models yet.”

When: October 25th and 26th, 9:00am to 7:00pm
Where: Pfaff BMW, 4505 Dixie Road, Mississauga, ON L4W 5K3

Reach out to them if you want to book an appt.
Images
  • 845C5372-FC92-427C-B63C-12110BC96B31.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
i asked parvkiew who has these cars today and tomorrow.. display only .. no test drives

im not that enthusiastic about idrive 8 to drive up ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Goose12345 wrote: i asked parvkiew who has these cars today and tomorrow.. display only .. no test drives

im not that enthusiastic about idrive 8 to drive up ;)
OTA updates?
Sep 17, 2020
58 posts
74 upvotes
Y’all seem so experienced - hopefully someone can give me some advice.

I’ve been driving a Mazda 3 (used) for the past 8 years and it’s about ready to die. I was contemplating a new 3 series but 60k is a bit much for me - so now I’m considering a CPO (yes I’m aware of maintenance costs). The standard 330i 2018’s are going for about 30-33k. How much can I expect to get off?

I found this very nice 340i, 34k mileage, pretty much fully appointed asking is $45k - how much can I expect to get off?

Any other ideas on getting a 3 series I’m open to - or any ideas really
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
these days, everything is way overpriced to begin with and dealers may offer $500 off as take it or leave it. "If you don't buy, the person behind you will"

Alternatively, you can try to do a takeover of a lease and then buy it out, at least you are not paying any markup on the buyout amount, except to pay the buyout admin fee + safety.
Sep 17, 2020
58 posts
74 upvotes
Got it thanks. The CPO pricing seems bizarre. I did the math - estimated residual at 50% for the lease and minuses that from MSRP - dealers are looking to make another 10k when selling the CPO
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
EddieLeMayn wrote: Got it thanks. The CPO pricing seems bizarre. I did the math - estimated residual at 50% for the lease and minuses that from MSRP - dealers are looking to make another 10k when selling the CPO
Have to compare apples to apples but generally speaking I don’t find CPO to be worth the premium after my research when I purchased in January. Can only imagine the increased prices these days. You mentioned your Mazda3 is in rough shape…what will it take to make it through the winter? Play it season by season until prices stabilize late next year. And you’ll have your pick of a model year newer.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2935 upvotes
Markham
EddieLeMayn wrote: Got it thanks. The CPO pricing seems bizarre. I did the math - estimated residual at 50% for the lease and minuses that from MSRP - dealers are looking to make another 10k when selling the CPO
I think of CPO as a very expensive insurance policy. It gives the buyer a piece of mind, at a hefty premium...
Sep 17, 2020
58 posts
74 upvotes
If you guys aren't purchasing CPO - where do you guys end up purchasing the used cars from? Other manufacturer dealers? Or those sketchy second hand dealers...
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
the suggestion is CPO does not really mean much these days and yet you are paying a price premium (probably 10% or so more) to dealer thinking they are selling you a 'bullet proof' used car. In the end, PPI is still required whether it is from dealers or private sales.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
EddieLeMayn wrote: If you guys aren't purchasing CPO - where do you guys end up purchasing the used cars from? Other manufacturer dealers? Or those sketchy second hand dealers...
I think @bobblehead hit the nail on the head: CPO in essence is a marketing ploy. Consider the same model and year off lease with a few weeks remaining on factory warranty with one vehicle at 30,000KM and the other at 60,000KM CPO: the CPO vehicle received new brake rotors and pads alongside a new set of tires with an additional one year warranty whereas the non-CPO vehicle is on original tires and original brake rotors and pads. The dealer has priced in the parts and labour for CPO into the asking price in addition to the extra year whereas the non-CPO affords you the option of budgeting for a rainy day repair fund or going for an additional 3 year extended warranty. Everyone has different comfort levels certainly but I would argue the gently used lesser driven less abused vehicle is the better purchase long term off lease. It’s funny with Covid introducing a new factor into the equation - from March 2020 to March 2021 off lease vehicles were benefiting from reduced mileage whilst still asking fair prices. As soon as the vaccine became available and people started shopping for vehicles prices skyrocketed. If the dealer passed on the off lease and it ended up at auction there’s a reason.