Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5419 posts
1016 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Based on your experience, do you think if one offered them $60,000 OTR, all-in, would they take it? It's a bloody +2 year-old "new" car, at this point. Asking for a friend. ;)
ha
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2014
116 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hi, anyone leased a X2 recently or have one? How do you like it? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1322 posts
711 upvotes
Montréal
Any loopholes to get the loyalty discount.

What about corp fleet discounts if I own my own corporation.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
25733 posts
10779 upvotes
Toronto
LEVEL ONE PROGRAMS
Corporate Fleet

Your company owns and operates five or more registered vehicles. This category is aimed at companies that purchase directly from a BMW Retailer, or who use a fleet management company to look after their fleet. It’s here that we offer our largest incentives.

Executive Car Allowance

Companies that have five or more employees who receive a fixed monthly or annual car allowance, are eligible to register for a BMW Corporate Sales Account number. This makes their employees who receive this vehicle allowance, eligible for our Corporate Sales program.

LEVEL TWO PROGRAMS
Preferred Partners

BMW Group Canada recognizes its leading corporate partners and relationships by extending its Corporate Slaes program to their employees.

Professional Rewards

BMW Group Canada has teamed up with some of Canada’s most prominent associations and organizations, making their members eligible for our Corporate Sales program.
Newbie
Sep 23, 2016
89 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone have experience trying to fix the curb rash at the BMW dealership while having the tire and rim protection? Do they need a few days to fix it or it can be done in a day? Thanks!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
25733 posts
10779 upvotes
Toronto
vince201 wrote: Anyone have experience trying to fix the curb rash at the BMW dealership while having the tire and rim protection? Do they need a few days to fix it or it can be done in a day? Thanks!
the rim will need to be sent out for repair. You are looking at probably 3 days turnaround time
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1322 posts
711 upvotes
Montréal
1500$/mo tax included- 1300$ Security Deposit - 0 down otherwise - 2019 i8 coupe / 24 mo/ 12k km. Good Deal?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
25733 posts
10779 upvotes
Toronto
sounds like a good deal. Seems like it's about 30% off MSRP.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1926 posts
424 upvotes
m4r 1k8
anyone do a racechip / bm3 on an f15 x5 35i? any issues? reliability wise? car has been solid 2 years now its fast but obviously would be nice a little faster
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
2418 posts
655 upvotes
Thornhill
FYI, for those X5 bought early last year and did not come with Drive Recorder function, you can now add/pay for this function using Connected Drive web page.

You need to have Surround Camera option and updated iDrive software (latest is 11/2019) and it costs $36 for 1 year, $99 for 3 years or $220 life time.

This "dash cam" function allows you to record video from all 4 cameras simultaneously onto the hard drive. It does so automatically after a crash (it has a buffer for the few seconds before the start of recording), or on demand with a button push. I think $99 is pretty reasonable as it can record video from side cameras that no 3rd party dash cam is capable of doing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2010
1529 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
nosnoop wrote: FYI, for those X5 bought early last year and did not come with Drive Recorder function, you can now add/pay for this function using Connected Drive web page.

You need to have Surround Camera option and updated iDrive software (latest is 11/2019) and it costs $36 for 1 year, $99 for 3 years or $220 life time.

This "dash cam" function allows you to record video from all 4 cameras simultaneously onto the hard drive. It does so automatically after a crash (it has a buffer for the few seconds before the start of recording), or on demand with a button push. I think $99 is pretty reasonable as it can record video from side cameras that no 3rd party dash cam is capable of doing.
Does drive recorder have to be manually enabled each time you drive? Does it record for however long you are driving for?
Newbie
Jan 1, 2019
5 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
are there any details on the release date/price for the X3 PHEV? It's listed on the website but not configurable. I'm guessing it'll be priced between the 30 and 40?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2452 posts
2091 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I just heard someone mentioned about manifold cleaning. It is not specific to BMW, seem need to be done on all car?
Just google it and seem like need to be done every 30k miles???

I drove many cars in past 30years and BMW for 15 years now and never done anything like this before.

Anyone here done this before? Based on what I watch on YouTube, it is not a small job.
******************************************************
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
******************************************************
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1161 posts
644 upvotes
Markham
cheapshopper wrote: I just heard someone mentioned about manifold cleaning. It is not specific to BMW, seem need to be done on all car?
Just google it and seem like need to be done every 30k miles???

I drove many cars in past 30years and BMW for 15 years now and never done anything like this before.

Anyone here done this before? Based on what I watch on YouTube, it is not a small job.
unless you drive in the desert, race all the time or never changes ur engine oil, I dont think its a "regular" maintenance item. Have multiple car fanatic and mechanic friends and no one ever mention that.
On the other hand, throttle body cleaning is a somewhat common maintenance item especially the Inifinitis. Thats small job and even dealer charges less than $300 if needed.
Member
Jun 2, 2009
258 posts
86 upvotes
ed116 wrote: anyone do a racechip / bm3 on an f15 x5 35i? any issues? reliability wise? car has been solid 2 years now its fast but obviously would be nice a little faster
I don't have BM3 but I've had a tuning module on an X3 28i for the past 4 years. As long as you're not after silly levels of power I think you should be able to maintain reliability.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

HeroicDeath