Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
BMW Toronto

BMW bicycle sales - 20-55% off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 9:53 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
DYJ wrote: That EBikes is definitely a good deal, however it's only peddle assist. I think most new eBikes are built with a motor that does not require any work from you. Curious if those who got it can give us some feedback once they test it out.
This is a mid-drive ebike, which is preferable since the motor drives the pedals, and has the advantage that the motor power uses the gearing on the bike. Because the motor is in the low centre of the bike, it is a lot more balanced and stable. The other kind of bike that can move the bike without pedaling usually has a heavy motor on the wheels, and because it doesn't have gearing, it's less efficient when you are going up hills.

This kind of bike is meant more for the person who still wants exercise but wants to cover more distance with any given effort, not the person who wants the bike to do all the work for him,
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
differing wrote: I think it's to keep the battery mileage at a reasonable level; going from 25 to 30 km/h increases your drag by a lot and would hurt your battery life. You can feel this on a road bike, but you might not notice it when you're using the motor.
the 25km limit is there because in Europe, ebikes are only allowed to go that fast before classified as motor vehicles. They are electronically limited to that speed to stay within the law. In Canada, the exact same ebikes sold here are able to go 32km/h and still be considered a bicycle. So either this is a mistake in the spec sheet or this is actually a direct import from Europe that hasn't been adjusted for the North American market.

25km/h is a pretty low limit. Most people can pedal that fast so having e-assist doesn't really do much to save you much time.

edit: the Bosch Performance Line cruise motor does support 20 mph (32 km/h) https://www.bosch-ebike.com/ca-en/products/drive-units/
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Aug 16, 2010
505 posts
152 upvotes
What's the difference between a BMW driver and a BMW cyclist?

The prick is on the outside.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1589 posts
118 upvotes
Confused Face
warpdrive wrote: This is a mid-drive ebike, which is preferable since the motor drives the pedals, and has the advantage that the motor power uses the gearing on the bike. Because the motor is in the low centre of the bike, it is a lot more balanced and stable. The other kind of bike that can move the bike without pedaling usually has a heavy motor on the wheels, and because it doesn't have gearing, it's less efficient when you are going up hills.

This kind of bike is meant more for the person who still wants exercise but wants to cover more distance with any given effort, not the person who wants the bike to do all the work for him,
Xtrema wrote: Some cities only allow peddle assist bikes on bike paths. e-bikes without throttles will have to stay on the road with cars.

Thanks for the education on ebikes. This is interesting stuff!
Jan 4, 2008
637 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
I'm guessing these are Giant made, BMW branded. If so it's a quality bike but you're definitely paying premium for that little badge.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
BMW car paint used on these bikes? So maybe it adds to the value for people having the same color BMW cars.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Dang it, was hoping for a M-series with air ride....
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1325 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
only 1 electric bike for sale
Graphic Designer
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
This is bulcrap

Just a uesles brnd lable and iwll get stolenif left in dttor aftr1 day!!!!!!!!!!!
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked up a dozen for my nephews and nieces. Will go very nicely with the Brooks Brothers pullovers I bought them last year.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."