Expired Freebies

[Entertainment] BoatHouse Restaurant: Sign up for Newsletter, Get $25 Birthday Gift Certificate (BC)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2009 4:25 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[Entertainment] BoatHouse Restaurant: Sign up for Newsletter, Get $25 Birthday Gift Certificate (BC)

Here's a nice freebie for those of you in BC (or those of you visiting around your birthday). The BoatHouse Restaurant offers a $25 gift card for your birthday when you sign up for the Westcoast Club. Signing up for this email newsletter has some other perks as well:
  • Special Dining Offers
  • Wine & Cocktail Features
  • Members only wine tastings & events
  • Automatically signed up for Entertainment & Sport Events Contests
  • Priority bookings for Groups
Once signed up, you will receive more information about the $25 gift certificate, including the following conditions/terms of use:
  • if you sign up too close to your birthday (3-4 weeks), you will receive the birthday certificate the following year
  • certificate has a limited validity period (2 weeks)
  • you must make a reservation for at least 2 people to use the certificate
  • the gift certificate and proof of birth date are required when taking advantage of the offer
Those are pretty reasonable conditions if you ask me... a nice freebie all around.

The BoatHouse has six locations in BC. More information is available here.
8 replies
May 31, 2007
245 posts
20 upvotes
Victoria, bc
If I recall correctly, the certificate I received this past year (in March) was that you needed reservations for a min of 4 people. I never used it because it would have only been my gf and I. Perhaps they changed it since then.

AndrewRFD wrote:
Aug 11th, 2009 11:51 am
Here's a nice freebie for those of you in BC (or those of you visiting around your birthday). The BoatHouse Restaurant offers a $25 gift card for your birthday when you sign up for the Westcoast Club. Signing up for this email newsletter has some other perks as well:
  • Special Dining Offers
  • Wine & Cocktail Features
  • Members only wine tastings & events
  • Automatically signed up for Entertainment & Sport Events Contests
  • Priority bookings for Groups
Once signed up, you will receive more information about the $25 gift certificate, including the following conditions/terms of use:
  • if you sign up too close to your birthday (3-4 weeks), you will receive the birthday certificate the following year
  • certificate has a limited validity period (2 weeks)
  • you must make a reservation for at least 2 people to use the certificate
  • the gift certificate and proof of birth date are required when taking advantage of the offer
Those are pretty reasonable conditions if you ask me... a nice freebie all around.

The BoatHouse has six locations in BC. More information is available here.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto
Delerium777 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2009 1:01 pm
If I recall correctly, the certificate I received this past year (in March) was that you needed reservations for a min of 4 people. I never used it because it would have only been my gf and I. Perhaps they changed it since then.
It might have changed then. When I signed up as a test run, I'm pretty sure the conditions page said 2.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2455 posts
307 upvotes
AndrewRFD wrote:
Aug 11th, 2009 1:11 pm
It might have changed then. When I signed up as a test run, I'm pretty sure the conditions page said 2.
Yes, definitely says 2...
3. You MUST call any Boathouse Restaurant to make a reservation for a minimum of 2 people
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1493 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
signed up last week cause my bday was on the weekend ... min 4 people and you have to reso through their website
Sep 8, 2006
689 posts
155 upvotes
Richmond
me and my girlfriend signed up 6 months ago. got nothing