Hot Deals

[BoatSmartExam.com] BoatSmart course+exam ($29.99 down from $49.99 - 40% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2018 11:46 am
[OP]
Dec 15, 2009
894 posts
146 upvotes
Ontario

[BoatSmartExam.com] BoatSmart course+exam ($29.99 down from $49.99 - 40% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
40%
Retailer:
BoatSmartExam.com
More offers from BoatSmartExam.com
You pay for a code to practice/study, take test and get your licence.

40% off.

Regular price is $49.99.

Great timing as I need a licence!
Last edited by riffr aff on Jun 19th, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
May 22, 2013
28 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
Good timing for myself as well.
Dec 30, 2015
43 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, OP. Just in time for summer!

Edit: How does this compare to Boatn'Bob.com? Their promotional price is currently $26.99+taxes.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1571 posts
1070 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
It has been a long time since I've been to the Sportsman Show, but last time I was there they had the boat licence exams on site offering unlimited retries till you pass. I passed on taking the test as it was like the last 7-10mins of the show and didn't want to hold up anyone. From what I was told the test is mostly common sense tho things people may forget such as front/back/left/right terms for the boat.

IIRC once you get the boating licence it is FOR LIFE. Tho who knows maybe down the road they may charge a small yearly. Is the licence still for life once you get it?
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Feb 16, 2016
22 posts
77 upvotes
took me about 8 hours to complete.
It forces you to stay on a page for around 30 seconds to a minute and theres 6 to 8 sections of 30~70? different pages (dont quite remember did it a month ago)
each part keeps you on the page for a certain amount of time which is the main time sucker.
I do like that you're able to either watch a video OR read the info below the video.
Jan 15, 2017
91 posts
58 upvotes
As I recall the test isn't common sense at all and they ask you questions about flags, buoys and all manner of things. Perhaps the standard to pass isn't very high though. I landed those things through their lesson, passed the test and immediately forgot them
Mar 10, 2009
425 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks! I've been meaning to get my Boating license for a while.
Apr 30, 2014
98 posts
21 upvotes
Brampton, ON
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 6:46 am

IIRC once you get the boating licence it is FOR LIFE. Tho who knows maybe down the road they may charge a small yearly. Is the licence still for life once you get it?
I got my PCOC in June 2005 after attending a 3-day course and successfully completing the boating exam at Brampton Divers (now Brampton SCUBA?). The licence was issued by Better Boating. It is still valid as a lifetime licence, however the lamination is deteriorating and starting to peel off. I inquired at Better Boating for a replacement and was told that I don't need to pass another exam but I have to pay the equivalent of the full boating exam fee.

Does anybody have the same experience in getting a replacement PCOC? Please share.

*edit/update*
I checked BoatnBob.com presented by BetterBoating.ca and the replacement card is $19.99+tax. Still hefty considering it is just a piece of crap plastic.
Last edited by TeateaM on Jun 20th, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1020 posts
278 upvotes
with the boatnbob course there is a way to go into the webpage developer tools, and set the timer to zero so you dont have to spend hours on it.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recoginze me.
Jun 17, 2013
336 posts
82 upvotes
ziaa wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 9:36 am
with the boatnbob course there is a way to go into the webpage developer tools, and set the timer to zero so you dont have to spend hours on it.
I wish someone could figure out a way to do this on boat exam.
Takes forever
Oct 13, 2009
627 posts
154 upvotes
I got my PCOC through boat n bob. They're legit and the process was pretty painless and got the card in the mail a few weeks later.
:rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2582 posts
626 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
The boating course I took (sorry can't remember the name) was deficient in that it lacked graphics.

Instead of presenting a picture of a flag they offered a description, eg. white background with red circle and blue stripe from top left to bottom right, 2 green stars in centre. Had to search the web for an actual picture.