29 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto

Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Bodum
Usually on sale for ~$100, pretty good for $64.99. Have to order above $75 to get free shipping. This unit is well rated for the price point.
80 replies
Oct 4, 2009
197 posts
35 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
This is a great price for a conical burr grinder.

I own this one in red. I've since upgraded to a Baratza and moved this to my work.

It's not going to be able to grind espresso (even though it claims to), but for regular brews & pourovers, it does the trick. Note: If you have one of those dual wall portafilters, this could work in theory, cause it matters much less...

You can try PMing at BestBuy since they're selling it for more than double the sale price.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bo ... 71341.aspx
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1518 posts
1633 upvotes
deus wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 1:48 pm
This is a great price for a conical burr grinder.

I own this one in red. I've since upgraded to a Baratza and moved this to my work.

It's not going to be able to grind espresso (even though it claims to), but for regular brews & pourovers, it does the trick. Note: If you have one of those dual wall portafilters, this could work in theory, cause it matters much less...

You can try PMing at BestBuy since they're selling it for more than double the sale price.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bo ... 71341.aspx
Price match with BB for an extra 7$ off!!
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Mar 5, 2006
867 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
PriceHunter wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 1:58 pm
"Free Delivery over CA$75.00" from BODUM, doubt BB will let you, but might get lucky.
Jan 12, 2008
869 posts
158 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 1:58 pm
Just called, they said they cannot price match or beat the manufacturer's website.

Check the deals section for shipping fillers. There seem to be good deals there as well, compared to pricing on amazon.
Last edited by thefeebster on Oct 16th, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 20, 2008
852 posts
142 upvotes
Instant buy at this price. I got mine for like $100 a couple months ago and it is quite good for the price.
Feb 22, 2017
14 posts
9 upvotes
toronto, ON
does anyone else have a lot of issues with static on this machine? Mine always makes a huge mess because the jar gets a static charge and grinds stick to or fly off the jar/lid. Maybe it's just me? Lol.
Nov 20, 2008
852 posts
142 upvotes
static is a problem on most grinders. try a drop or 2 of water on the beans before grinding...seems to help a bit. And different beans will produce different levels of static.
May 2, 2017
20 posts
13 upvotes
Great deal, there really is no competition as the next minor step up (baratza encore) is going to be about 2.25-2.5x this price on sale. Like deus noted, this will not be able to grind fine enough for good espresso, but neither can anything else under 300$.
Jul 6, 2018
77 posts
123 upvotes
Bought this a few months ago at full price. Great grinder and looks nice too.

Honestly, the difference in taste was so dramatic, the old blade grinder went immediately into trash.
Jun 17, 2003
585 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
deus wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 1:48 pm
It's not going to be able to grind espresso (even though it claims to)
poodytang69 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 3:04 pm
this will not be able to grind fine enough for good espresso, but neither can anything else under 300$.
Just to be clear, assuming you don't have $300 for a grinder, are you guys saying you'd rather buy pre-ground supermarket-packaged espresso that's been sitting on shelves for 8 weeks vs use a grinder like this 30 seconds before you're going to draw a shot?
Mar 5, 2006
867 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Is this thing loud?
My current grinder is pretty loud, like you can't carry a conversation in the room while the thing is going.