Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bodum

Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black/Red/Off White, $84.50 Tax included

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 4:50 pm
Aug 23, 2003
796 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal. bought one. was on the fence for a while.

Great reviews on this grinder.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: It's a burr grinder, I can assure you that. I just don't know if it is of the same quality of this Bodum unit. I am quite happy with the one I got from Costco, it makes great coffee. If this Bodum model is significantly better I am interested in ordering one. I just need to hear back from the RFD coffee gurus.
Not sure which Grinder you're talking about. but compared to oster or cuisinart grinders that are around those prices: as a regular coffee drinker, I noticed that bodum isn't as noisy as the others (I had a cuisinart dbm-8 before) - also that having a small glass catcher is better than those bigger plastic ones. (for home use, at least) - Glass is better as they won't have much static. I also find those big ones a big harder to clean, (size and material)

if it's worth upgrading? hard to say, I don't think is that significant upgrade, but I would. - Although if you're to spend a couple of bucks in your coffee brewing experience, might be better get some scale. thermometer, maybe try another brew method (aeropress, french press, cold brew, v60...), before upgrading a burr grinder?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Nov 6, 2013
618 posts
588 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks, OP. My friend's Bodum Bistro broke when I was using it and now I can replace it for him. My take is that it's a good enough grinder for folks like me who aren't coffee aficionados but who want a good enough grind. It lasted my friend several years and broke down I think only because it overheated (I ground twice I think for the 20-second mark without giving it time to cool down—apparently that's a thing).

I own a Baratza Encore and of course it's a better and quieter grind, but at $85 this is clearly the more attractive buy if you just want to start making espresso.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2577 posts
1733 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: It's a burr grinder, I can assure you that. I just don't know if it is of the same quality of this Bodum unit. I am quite happy with the one I got from Costco, it makes great coffee. If this Bodum model is significantly better I am interested in ordering one. I just need to hear back from the RFD coffee gurus.
Ahh ok, yeah now i remember, the one i looked at in Costco was a flat burr grinder as opposed to a conical burr. HERE is a link with the differences. Both have merit. But I decided to stick with the Conical Burr I already had because that one had mixed reviews. This one is going to give you less waste and keep the beans cooler during the grind. It will also be much quieter. As far as better coffee, depends on your level of snobbery. Ive got an areopress, thats all I use. I bet it would be hard to tell the difference between the two. Still a great deal for a decent conical Burr Grinder IMO
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1433 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto
anyone else having trouble submitting an order ? Their system keeps sending me into this loop where it constantly asks for CC info .... PayPal not working either. Tried iPad and PC on different browsers ... so frustrating...
Oct 4, 2009
477 posts
616 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I PMed the red model at BB! Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
Psyclist wrote: Ahh ok, yeah now i remember, the one i looked at in Costco was a flat burr grinder as opposed to a conical burr. HERE is a link with the differences. Both have merit. But I decided to stick with the Conical Burr I already had because that one had mixed reviews. This one is going to give you less waste and keep the beans cooler during the grind. It will also be much quieter. As far as better coffee, depends on your level of snobbery. Ive got an areopress, thats all I use. I bet it would be hard to tell the difference between the two. Still a great deal for a decent conical Burr Grinder IMO
Thanks very much, that was a very interesting read. It said that the grind size is less consistent with a conical grinder compared to the flat grinder I have now. I have no issues whatsoever with my current grinder. I use a coarse grind with a french press and it makes outstanding coffee. Actually if you guys have a french press, I highly recommend trying some iced coffee with it. All you do is grind your usual amount of coffee beans and then let it brew in cold water overnight in the fridge. Then in the morning, plunge it, pour it over some ice, and add some milk. It's absolutely delicious. I have been enjoying it on hot summer days. You can transfer the cold coffee into a pitcher also and it stays fresh in the fridge for days. My favorite kind I have tried with it is the vanilla hazelnut coffee from Costco in the black and purple bag. That coffee is delicious hot and cold.

Thanks again for the link!
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
deus wrote: I PMed the red model at BB! Thanks OP.
Did the PM the all in tax price? Meaning you got it for cheaper than $84.50 all in? Do you mind sharing how that works? I didn't realize BB would do that. PMs always seem really dicey.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
mcfrugal wrote: anyone else having trouble submitting an order ? Their system keeps sending me into this loop where it constantly asks for CC info .... PayPal not working either. Tried iPad and PC on different browsers ... so frustrating...
That's weird maybe try a different CC?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Yup deal is dead now.
Oct 4, 2009
477 posts
616 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
SickBeast wrote: Did the PM the all in tax price? Meaning you got it for cheaper than $84.50 all in? Do you mind sharing how that works? I didn't realize BB would do that. PMs always seem really dicey.
Sorry for the late response. It ended up being $2 more after taxes, but I'd rather get it sooner and a physical place I can take it in if something is broken in the next 30 days...

My total came to 87.31 after taking 10% off the difference of the price.
Aug 2, 2014
915 posts
1203 upvotes
Vancity
NOOOOO.

Too late. I've been waiting for this to go on sale for a year. Fffffffffff
Dec 3, 2014
50 posts
14 upvotes
Has anybody received a shipping notification?
Aug 8, 2006
267 posts
147 upvotes
Halifax
amddbmb wrote: Has anybody received a shipping notification?
Nothing yet, I ordered on the 27th
Apr 26, 2012
454 posts
354 upvotes
TORONTO
deus wrote: Sorry for the late response. It ended up being $2 more after taxes, but I'd rather get it sooner and a physical place I can take it in if something is broken in the next 30 days...

My total came to 87.31 after taking 10% off the difference of the price.
Looks like you are the only one that got one!

No shipping notice yet
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
No shipping notice either but apparently takes 7-12 business days.
Jun 9, 2007
874 posts
210 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Yep...still waiting. Sent an email this morning to check on the status of my order.
Mar 10, 2006
181 posts
57 upvotes
Still waiting for shipping confirmation as well. Sent them an email Monday, but still no response. My credit card has been charged on the date ordered.
Dec 3, 2014
50 posts
14 upvotes
Mine delivered a few minutes ago :)

Received no shipping information, but suddenly showed up behind the door. Interestingly, my order still shows as "Payment Review".

Hope everybody else will receive it soon.