Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Boston Pizza

BOGO at Boston Pizza for Super Bowl

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2016 3:00 pm
Tags:
47 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2029 posts
407 upvotes
This should go well with the current sale of Boston Pizza gift cards at Rexall stores $50 cards for $40.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
With large pizzas costing over $30 before taxes, this is expensive even after the BOGO ($45 + tax for 2 pizzas). Better off ordering from Dominos.
Aug 12, 2015
54 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Dominos doesn't sell perogie pizza
Dec 20, 2010
629 posts
631 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: With large pizzas costing over $30 before taxes, this is expensive even after the BOGO ($45 + tax for 2 pizzas). Better off ordering from Dominos.
Except there is also a massive difference in quality
Jan 17, 2012
547 posts
617 upvotes
Red Deer
T_Ruff wrote: Except there is also a massive difference in quality
I agree, but is it worth the premium?

I say Pizza Hut $5 $5 $5.. Pizza Hut EAT FRESH! ;)
Oct 4, 2015
484 posts
618 upvotes
Mississauga
T_Ruff wrote: Except there is also a massive difference in quality
Boston Pizza, Pizza is so far from quality... you're mistaken.
It's obviously better than Dominoes, but not even close to $30 better.
At best the pizza is 7/10 while Dominoes is 6/10 with Pizza Pizza at the bottom @ 2/10
Bezos' Banana Boy. A banana a day, keeps me from throwing my laptop away.
Corporate Food Vulture, if you know, you know.

Public Mobile 4GB/$40 -> Koodo (6GB+2GB)/$40 -> Telus 30GB/$35 -> Rogers 75GB US/CAN/$40 -> Rogers 130GB US/CAN $28.66
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6151 upvotes
LOL BOSTON PIZZA = Quality

That stuff is the same level as your pizza chain. Zero premium quality ingredients but comes at a premium price. LOL

Any place that sells a $30 large pizza would have better pizza than Boston Pizza.
Jun 25, 2004
334 posts
88 upvotes
Serbia
AsianXL wrote: LOL BOSTON PIZZA = Quality

That stuff is the same level as your pizza chain. Zero premium quality ingredients but comes at a premium price. LOL

Any place that sells a $30 large pizza would have better pizza than Boston Pizza.
+1

Last time I ate there, got the nachos for $15. There were barely any toppings. I don't mind spending the money when it's a good value, which Boston Pizza clearly isn't. I've voted with my wallet and haven't eaten there in years.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14352 posts
15708 upvotes
Oil Country
I found a little trick to order slightly cheaper pizzas from BP's. Depending on how many toppings you want, it might be cheaper to get a gourmet pizza and then change the toppings. I wanted a large with spicy chicken and a few veggies over the weekend. The pizza would have cost me $33-35. Instead, I selected the Boston Royal pizza. I switched the shrimp for spicy chicken, and the pepperoni and ham for 2X green peppers and mushrooms. Ended up coming out to around $31. Had a $15 credit which made the order even cheaper.
Dec 20, 2010
629 posts
631 upvotes
kay103kay wrote: Boston Pizza, Pizza is so far from quality... you're mistaken.
It's obviously better than Dominoes, but not even close to $30 better.
At best the pizza is 7/10 while Dominoes is 6/10 with Pizza Pizza at the bottom @ 2/10
I didn't say it was top quality but that there is a massive difference in quality.

Based on my last couple times using Dominos walk in Monday-Wednesday coupon and my experiences at Boston Pizza, it's closer to BP 7/10 and Dominos 4/10 IMO.

Perhaps Dominos would do a better job if I was paying full price, but it's also overpriced in that case.
Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
T_Ruff wrote: I didn't say it was top quality but that there is a massive difference in quality.

Based on my last couple times using Dominos walk in Monday-Wednesday coupon and my experiences at Boston Pizza, it's closer to BP 7/10 and Dominos 4/10 IMO.

Perhaps Dominos would do a better job if I was paying full price, but it's also overpriced in that case.
All I will say is that local franchises matter. My local Dominos is great, never skimp on toppings and I enjoy it. My local BP is horrible. Very skimpy with the toppings, which is not what I expect when paying $30 for one pizza. I was very disappointed. Even tried a second time figuring it may have just been bad luck. Nope, horrible again. BP is in the bottom 5 pizza joints I have tried.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
I only see the buy one get one 50% off for medium and larges that they always have, plus the banner saying you "get $10 off a purchase of $40 or more for the big game" through myBP valid only on February 7th.

I guess if you could combine the buy one get one half off, the $10 off $40, and the 20% off gift card it might actually be worth ordering some pizza...
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Their pizza is overpriced, taste meh. I rather go for Domino's.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
Psubs wrote: Would Pizzaiolo be a 9/10? Is there a 10/10?
Regina's Tumbler's Pizza is a 10/10…there are a few here imo
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1550 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for Dominos being better.

If your gonna spend 30$ on 1 pizza go to a proper Italian Pizzeria.
Apr 28, 2007
131 posts
388 upvotes
Pizzaiolo definitely 9 or 10/10...wish there expanded through the suburbs though.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14352 posts
15708 upvotes
Oil Country
Odd... Domino's sucks where I live. BP's is decent in my area, but there are also better and more expensive choices where I live. My go to place over the past 6 months has been Royal Pizza, Papa John's, or BP's. Royal is an Edmonton Area franchise.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)