Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Book a Hotel in Vancouver (Now until Feb 29, 2020), get up to $125 Visa GC

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 4:26 pm
Dec 18, 2014
371 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
Lone_Prodigy wrote: You may be able to apply the Visa immediately to the room bill when you checkout.
ymmv? or does anyone know if this is definitely possible? If so, pls instruct on how to do so.

Will be in Vancouver for 3 nights. Sooo, #RFD... making 3 separate 1-night bookings would be the way to go, ya? (I don't mind hotel hopping if I have to)

Also want to take this opportunity to get some travel advice. Can any locals tell me which hotel's the prime location for touring the city? Convenience is key. North/south/east/west end? Does it matter? tia! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1184 posts
1652 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone looking to stay downtown with a car needing a parking, try Sheraton Wall centre direcly from Marriott. They have a cruise package which include breakfast buffet and 7 day parking (yes, 7 day downtown). This seems like a year around promo even though it's not cruise season.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
If travelling with a partner you can probably get the $125 GC twice. Anyone know if the hotel is cool with that or if you have to kinda sneak it in?
Oct 15, 2019
20 posts
33 upvotes
kyroshi wrote: ymmv? or does anyone know if this is definitely possible? If so, pls instruct on how to do so.
see my post, #37 in this thread.
kyroshi wrote: Will be in Vancouver for 3 nights. Sooo, #RFD... making 3 separate 1-night bookings would be the way to go, ya? (I don't mind hotel hopping if I have to)
yes, three bookings at three different hotels would maximize the offer.

kyroshi wrote: Also want to take this opportunity to get some travel advice. Can any locals tell me which hotel's the prime location for touring the city? Convenience is key. North/south/east/west end? Does it matter? tia! :)
how are you arriving? what do you want to do in vancouver? do you like walking?
do you want to party all night or are you in bed by 9?
are you looking at high end or budget?
Any hotel in the downtown core is ok since vancouver is not really that huge. maybe choose something in the center rather than towards the edge. if you're flying in and taking the canada line downtown, maybe opt for something near the yaletown roundhouse stop or vancouver city center stop.
Aug 26, 2019
742 posts
1619 upvotes
The Sutton on Burrard and Robson is where I recommend to stay. They have a gym and continental breakfast for a small fee. Robson is the main shopping area with plenty of stores, restaurants and cafes. Walking down Robson brings you to Denman which is a few blocks from English Bay (beautiful beach).

Walking down Burrard brings you to Coal Harbour waterfront, which has plenty of touristy things. I recommend "Fly Over Canada" experience at the Convention Center (look for big white sails).

Walking down Robson to Howe and Georgia brings you to Pacific Center mall. I also recommend renting a bike and going along the seawall. Bikes can be rented from many places for about $7/hr. The bike ride from Coal Harbour around the seawall and back takes about an hour and a half. You can also take a taxi to Stanley Park and walk the seawall too.

You are also close to the Scotia Movie Theatre and a local grocery store, if staying at the Sutton. Gastown is only a 10 minute walk and is very nice as well for coffee and lunch. Art museum is very close as well.

Capilano suspension bridge offers free bus pickup from Robson. Entry to the park is about $20. You can also drive to Lynn Valley in North Vancouver and it is free.

Unfortunate advice:
* Avoid anything north east of Cordova and Main. Stay away from East Vancouver. Visit Gastown, but do not go East past the "Gassy Jack" statue. Do not venture to Hastings and Main or anywhere near Oppenheimer Park. Avoid anyone asking you for money, do not engage with these people no matter what they tell you.

There are so many fun things for you to do. I hope this helps!

kyroshi wrote: ymmv? or does anyone know if this is definitely possible? If so, pls instruct on how to do so.

Will be in Vancouver for 3 nights. Sooo, #RFD... making 3 separate 1-night bookings would be the way to go, ya? (I don't mind hotel hopping if I have to)

Also want to take this opportunity to get some travel advice. Can any locals tell me which hotel's the prime location for touring the city? Convenience is key. North/south/east/west end? Does it matter? tia! :)
Jul 12, 2015
447 posts
567 upvotes
Is it possible to book two subsequent nights at the same hotel using the same credit card, BUT booking under a different guest's name each time? I was reading the T & C, and it says subsequent nights booked separately at the same hotel will only get the $50 visa GC on the 2nd night.

I am interested if anyone has managed to book two nights at the same hotel using different names to register and got the maximum GC amount each night.
Nov 23, 2017
393 posts
148 upvotes
is the promotion over ?
was looking for one night stay in any downtown hotel
what and where is the cheapest I can find if this promo is over
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
V12izm wrote: is the promotion over ?
was looking for one night stay in any downtown hotel
what and where is the cheapest I can find if this promo is over
Looks like the deal is dead =(
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
soymilkslam wrote: FYI

Looks like Richmond has the better offer

https://www.visitrichmondbc.com/fall-hotel-offer/
Thanks. This is much better than the Vancouver offer(aside from the distance to Downtown but transit to downtown is pretty convenient). Refundable booking and the amex can be applied at hotel.

BTW, I booked 1 night through the StayVancouver site for December stay. Total was $113.79 as listed on invoice but I was charged $115.27(already charged to credit card).
Is this the additional 1.5% fee(but I thought this was included in the final price) or did I get overcharged?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23189 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
jellytime wrote: Looks like the deal is dead =(
I think you're right. I don't see any fields to enter a code.
Mar 25, 2016
101 posts
67 upvotes
Richmond
Do they ever have anything like this for Toronto?
Nov 23, 2017
393 posts
148 upvotes
Richmond is too far
I'm looking for downtown walking distance
even Vancouver doesn't have reasonable Airbnb
if you do find one their more expensive then the hotels
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
AlexiRos wrote: Is it possible to book two subsequent nights at the same hotel using the same credit card, BUT booking under a different guest's name each time? I was reading the T & C, and it says subsequent nights booked separately at the same hotel will only get the $50 visa GC on the 2nd night.

I am interested if anyone has managed to book two nights at the same hotel using different names to register and got the maximum GC amount each night.
I wouldn't chance it.
Apr 12, 2010
79 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
soshu1026 wrote: Thank you!
Just booked Four Points by Sheraton for $61/night after GC for my layover.
Good deal!
Have you had your Four Points stay yet? Just wondering if it counts as a Bonvoy qualifying night or is the booking all third party?
Apr 23, 2014
35 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
steverp wrote: Have you had your Four Points stay yet? Just wondering if it counts as a Bonvoy qualifying night or is the booking all third party?
Sorry, I have no idea. I'm not going until mid December.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
smokie wrote: Dead...
And the deal has risen from the grave like Lazarus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)