• Oct 16th, 2017 10:09 am
[OP]
Feb 27, 2009
565 posts
176 upvotes

PROMO: $40 off a $200 hotel spend

Retailer:
Booking.com
Booking.com are running a promo where you can get $40 off a $200 hotel spend.
The $40 is credited back to your payment card after you complete your stay.

http://www.secretflying.com/posts/promo ... oking-com/

Rebate is in US currency

Strangely, there are no Terms and Conditions specifically for this promotion.

HOTEL:
Any

DATES:
Availability from 2017 to 2018
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 12th, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: title edit
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8702 posts
590 upvotes
lol lack of details makes this iffy. Wonder how you know if you'll "really" get the $40 back after booking. Went to the website and didn't see any promo.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Feb 3, 2012
17 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
Where did you see this offer ?
Sep 17, 2013
58 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I remember seeing another post here awhile ago about another deal that was similar but was better. $40 CAD refund as long as you spend $80 CAD so that's basically 1/2 off.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 12th, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed referral link
May 25, 2008
229 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
According to the Green promotional banner at the bottom of the booking.com page, "Minimum booking cost US$80" only (not $200 according to OP).
Mar 31, 2013
14 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks! I booked a hotel last week using booking.com and just re-booked the same hotel and cancelled my old one.

I do see this in my confirmation email after using your link:

Your cash reward
You’ll get US$40 after you’ve completed your stay!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4677 posts
418 upvotes
They screwed me on my last booking (never got the $40 , despite the cost being greater than $80) , won't use them again
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1468 posts
194 upvotes
East Coast!
rb wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:19 pm
They screwed me on my last booking (never got the $40 , despite the cost being greater than $80) , won't use them again
Did you contact them?? IF so what did they say?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4677 posts
418 upvotes
delavoie wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:27 pm
Did you contact them?? IF so what did they say?

yeah emailed them and then spoke to them over the phone , the last booking I made was in excess of $80 initially they said it qualified then they said it didn't by email - the CSR on the phone was pretty useless ..forget the reasons
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Sep 17, 2013
58 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I know these referrals are supposed to be one per account, do you know if you had used a referral before?
rb wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:47 pm
yeah emailed them and then spoke to them over the phone , the last booking I made was in excess of $80 initially they said it qualified then they said it didn't by email - the CSR on the phone was pretty useless ..forget the reasons
Mar 4, 2011
679 posts
524 upvotes
Surrey
Or just use AirBnB...
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14
Jun 14, 2017
12 posts
6 upvotes
masteven90 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:17 pm
Thanks! I booked a hotel last week using booking.com and just re-booked the same hotel and cancelled my old one.

I do see this in my confirmation email after using your link:

Your cash reward
You’ll get US$40 after you’ve completed your stay!
I also used the promo code that was given, it looked legit and seemed to work. It was advertised as an amex promotion and you use some code, which I think was linked to some person. I was told by booking.com that some people put their refferal codes online and say you get back more than you are supposed, and when a lot of people use that code, they shut the referral down because they know someone is cheating the system.

Needless to say, I didn't get the $40 back but I complained and they gave me back $20 US which was the normal referral bonus at the time.

So I would be aware of this code, maybe somehow see if it can be confirmed before using!
Jun 14, 2017
12 posts
6 upvotes
therealrishirich wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:02 pm
I also used the promo code that was given, it looked legit and seemed to work. It was advertised as an amex promotion and you use some code, which I think was linked to some person. I was told by booking.com that some people put their refferal codes online and say you get back more than you are supposed, and when a lot of people use that code, they shut the referral down because they know someone is cheating the system.

Needless to say, I didn't get the $40 back but I complained and they gave me back $20 US which was the normal referral bonus at the time.

So I would be aware of this code, maybe somehow see if it can be confirmed before using!
Sorry, I quoted the wrong message. I meant to quote the one that was about the $40 on $80. I haven't used this new one yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2214 posts
209 upvotes
Be careful with this site.

During the summer I booked a bunch of hotel rooms for my trip to Italy. Each email I received claimed I would receive a $40 refund after I stayed at the property. I booked over $3000 of hotel rooms and only received the refund for two $40 USD and $40 CAD. I called and spoke to a "manager" at booking.com who claimed that i was supposed to be refunded $500.00 USD and that she would look into it. After repeated calls, I get an email from the "marketing" team stating that I was only ever eligible for $40 USD and $40 CAD, despite the fact that each reservation email I received said that I would receive a $40 USD.

Total scam of a site. Priceline should be ashamed of this pathetic subsidiary.