[Booking.com] PROMO: $40 off a $200 hotel spend

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 10:09 am
Apr 2, 2008
295 posts
39 upvotes
willstastyle wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:10 pm
I remember seeing another post here awhile ago about another deal that was similar but was better. $40 CAD refund as long as you spend $80 CAD so that's basically 1/2 off. I bookmarked the link and it was: https://www.booking.com/s/tang0w62

There was a blog post for it too but not sure if that's allowed here.
It was $40 USD (not CAD) after speding $80 USD. I got more than $50 CAD back on my credit card after staying at the hotel.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Apr 2, 2008
295 posts
39 upvotes
hi-tech wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:13 pm
Be careful with this site.

During the summer I booked a bunch of hotel rooms for my trip to Italy. Each email I received claimed I would receive a $40 refund after I stayed at the property. I booked over $3000 of hotel rooms and only received the refund for two $40 USD and $40 CAD. I called and spoke to a "manager" at booking.com who claimed that i was supposed to be refunded $500.00 USD and that she would look into it. After repeated calls, I get an email from the "marketing" team stating that I was only ever eligible for $40 USD and $40 CAD, despite the fact that each reservation email I received said that I would receive a $40 USD.

Total scam of a site. Priceline should be ashamed of this pathetic subsidiary.
I remember they had restrictions on # of bonus per account (because I had to use both my and my husband's account to book hotels). How many accounts did you used?
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Sep 17, 2013
58 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
hi-tech wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:13 pm
Be careful with this site.

During the summer I booked a bunch of hotel rooms for my trip to Italy. Each email I received claimed I would receive a $40 refund after I stayed at the property. I booked over $3000 of hotel rooms and only received the refund for two $40 USD and $40 CAD. I called and spoke to a "manager" at booking.com who claimed that i was supposed to be refunded $500.00 USD and that she would look into it. After repeated calls, I get an email from the "marketing" team stating that I was only ever eligible for $40 USD and $40 CAD, despite the fact that each reservation email I received said that I would receive a $40 USD.

Total scam of a site. Priceline should be ashamed of this pathetic subsidiary.
Yeah this thing has been poorly run but mainly because it's not really clear what the restrictions are. For sure it's one refund per account from what I've read which is what might've happened.
Sep 17, 2013
58 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
bluewish wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:21 pm
It was $40 USD (not CAD) after speding $80 USD. I got more than $50 CAD back on my credit card after staying at the hotel.
I think there's a few of these out there. Some are for USD and those referrals may have maxed out already. This CAD one still works.
Aug 5, 2007
686 posts
130 upvotes
Corridor
Thanks OP.

I had already used the $40USD off $80 and the €75 off €225 promo successfully. If the 3-code limit is true this will probably be my last one for the year.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4215 posts
2070 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks, this beats the Orbitz $30 off deal where you have to pay extra for paying in advance before you can use a promo code.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6964 posts
1022 upvotes
Ajax
Can one have 2 bookings and get $40 back each. One under my name for October 30th and one under my wife's for the 31st, same hotel, same type of room.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1051 posts
391 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Can this be done twice same account ??? I did this in September got my rebate thereafter so it is legit but can you do it twice ?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1989 posts
92 upvotes
mike74 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:10 pm
According to the Green promotional banner at the bottom of the booking.com page, "Minimum booking cost US$80" only (not $200 according to OP).
The banner says minimum $200usd for me.
Mar 23, 2017
6 posts
the thing with the 40 cad/usd bonus is given only once per your account. If you want to take the benefit from it multiple times, open several accounts with different credit/debit cards registered for the refund.
There is also a kind of a good deal which I used several times this year is to to get 25 CAD for a friend referral. The friend gets 25 CAD too. Just open a second account, register on a new email, add your other credit/debit card and get the referral link. Log out, log in on the other one, paste the ref link to see the green bar at the bottom of the page. You will get 25+25 CAD when your stay is confirmed. As far as I understand the rules, you can give the ref link 10 times and get max 250 CAD but your "friend" using your link can use it only once.