Travel

Booking Expedia Cruise...Anyone have any coupons/vouchers?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2016 8:49 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 6, 2012
229 posts
41 upvotes
AB

Booking Expedia Cruise...Anyone have any coupons/vouchers?

Hi folks,

I'm looking at booking a Cruise through Expedia later this month. Anyone have any coupons/vouchers they have and are willing to sell? Or any tips/tricks to get a cheaper rate?

Thanks!
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2352 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
I like this company, and the fact that they have local offices. I also like their prices. I have never booked through them but I know my brother has booked twice.

Best is to actually call an office that is near you and ask them if they have any specials. I actually got an email yesterday with some specials (free drinks, pre-paid gratuities etc.)
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Nov 6, 2012
229 posts
41 upvotes
AB
Thanks, ill try giving them a call. BTW were going to be doing a European Cruise.

Anyone else have any advice/coupons/vouchers?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2352 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
crmac10 wrote: Thanks, ill try giving them a call. BTW were going to be doing a European Cruise.

Anyone else have any advice/coupons/vouchers?

That is very cool! I did a Mediterranean cruise for my honeymoon, it was amazing.

Which cruise company are you thinking of? Do you have a preference? For me, it is always between Princess and Royal Caribbean. Wouldn't mind trying Celebrity or Norwegian one day, but I like to stick with these two I mentioned because I have tried them both and they were great and I like to build my profile.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Nov 6, 2012
229 posts
41 upvotes
AB
I've cruised Royal Caribbean twice and loved it. This time were leaning towards Carnival as the dates/ports are great and were going with another couple in their 20s..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5438 posts
80 upvotes
Sydney
I have a friends and family discount for 10% off.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2013
1274 posts
410 upvotes
Our experience with Expedia Cruise Centres has not been great. Their prices tend to be the same as directly booking with the cruise lines. We used them to book an Alaskan cruise 2 years ago. The agent screwed up applying a promo that we had from the cruise line and we almost didn't receive it. Before sailing, the cruise line offered a special promo of free hotel and transfers in Vancouver on our cruise and our agent didn't contact us about it. When I contacted the agent to have it applied to our cruise, her response was how did we find out about it. It was clearly advertised on the cruise line's web site. This perk was worth about $400 - not something to lose out on.

I think what was most frustrated is that the agent really did little more than book the cruise for us. We knew what cruise we wanted, what line, what cabin category - everything. All she had to do was book it. We didn't receive any discount whatsoever and she didn't even give us a little gift like a free speciality dinner while on the cruise. I still had to keep close contact on the cruise and the cruise line offerings or else we would have lost out big time and the hotel promo that was offered. So, in the end, the cruise agent didn't save us any time or offer us any benefit than had we dealt directly with the cruise line.

Needles to say, we don't use Expedia any more for our cruise bookings. All their emails now go to out junk folders.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9406 posts
5374 upvotes
cbr663 wrote: Our experience with Expedia Cruise Centres has not been great. Their prices tend to be the same as directly booking with the cruise lines. We used them to book an Alaskan cruise 2 years ago. The agent screwed up applying a promo that we had from the cruise line and we almost didn't receive it. Before sailing, the cruise line offered a special promo of free hotel and transfers in Vancouver on our cruise and our agent didn't contact us about it. When I contacted the agent to have it applied to our cruise, her response was how did we find out about it. It was clearly advertised on the cruise line's web site. This perk was worth about $400 - not something to lose out on.

I think what was most frustrated is that the agent really did little more than book the cruise for us. We knew what cruise we wanted, what line, what cabin category - everything. All she had to do was book it. We didn't receive any discount whatsoever and she didn't even give us a little gift like a free speciality dinner while on the cruise. I still had to keep close contact on the cruise and the cruise line offerings or else we would have lost out big time and the hotel promo that was offered. So, in the end, the cruise agent didn't save us any time or offer us any benefit than had we dealt directly with the cruise line.

Needles to say, we don't use Expedia any more for our cruise bookings. All their emails now go to out junk folders.
That is so annoying! I can't believe how much incompetence there is in this world. It really feels like you have to do everything yourself which isn't always a bad thing but then how do such folks stay in business?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2013
1274 posts
410 upvotes
It is very annoying when you are simply handing them your business. It's not like I am calling with, "I am thinking about booking a cruise, can you help?" I am calling with, "Will you please book this sailing, this date, this cabin category."

We booked another cruise while we were on that Alaskan cruise and needless to say, we asked the cruise line to unlink the new booking to this TA. This TA really lost out. We have taken 2 other cruises since then and have another booked for later this year.

For our upcoming cruise, we booked directly with the cruise line and received our bonuses for dating that. Then, once we had confirmation that the OBC was applied to our account, we transferred the booking to Costco Travel who gave us additional OBC as a thank-you gift. When you are literally gifting them with a booking and no work, the least that they can do is thank-you in some way.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)