Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 6, 2003
890 posts
17 upvotes
Edmonton

Booster Juice

Has anyone tried Booster Juice in your area? How do you like it? Personal favourite smoothy (btw mines either Solar Mist or Raspberry Rapture)?
Click on these links to see my Heatware evals and my eBay.ca feedback summary.
24 replies
Banned
Aug 19, 2005
386 posts
GTA
They suck.

I don't feel any "boost" what so ever after drinking these.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17006 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
I've never heard of this company before. The website said there is a location in Vancouver. Maybe I'll check it out.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
They are pretty good.

I like the mango and organge one.
I find they are way to sweet though as they put sorbet or shebert in the mix also.

2ndly they are Expensive, so I don't go there much.
A "snack" size smootihe without any add ins is about $4 (size of 1 cup)
a large is almost $7!

Also high in calories, a smoothie is like having a meal.

I bought a blender and some frozen fruit, I make my smoothies at home and save the money. I can also put what I want in them...
-I paid $30 for a blender at Walliemart and it works well for now!
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2005
3415 posts
30 upvotes
Coquitlam
If I had a choice between orange julius and Booster Juice, I'll take orange julius.

There is one in Coquitlam Centre.
Dec 10, 2005
26 posts
3 upvotes
Waterloo
I tried their green tea smoothie, expecting it to taste like green tea ice cream. Boy was I disappointed!!! But I guess it tasted healthier. I definitely would not get it again though. And I definitely agree, it drinks like a meal.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17006 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
Do they use real fruits? Or it's artificially flavoured?
Oct 25, 2005
576 posts
I once bought that wheat grass shot...and man, can I tell you, it tastes just like eating grass! But after an hr, I had to use the bathroom...so I guess it does work ;)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17006 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
b0rk wrote:I once bought that wheat grass shot...and man, can I tell you, it tastes just like eating grass! But after an hr, I had to use the bathroom...so I guess it does work ;)
lmao! :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote:Do they use real fruits? Or it's artificially flavoured?
They use both.

Real frozen fruits (like what u buy at lowlaws and mm meats- fozen mango, berries ect)

As for the artificial they use fron sorbet or frozen yoghurt, I am sure it is not "all natural" , sugar colour ect....

buy frozen fruits at loblaws, much cheaper and healthier
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Jul 11, 2003
621 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I also tried the Green Tea smoothie; it was expensive, and tasted like vanilla ice cream.

It didn't taste bad but it's expensive but really filling.

I'd pick booster juice over orange julius just because booster juice seems to be a bit higher in quality but I must admit, orange julius is cheaper and quite tasty.
Apr 24, 2005
341 posts
Vancouver, BC
Is booster better than Jugo juice? I love Jugo juice...all natural and its like a meal...due to all the fiber.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17006 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
jadesm wrote:Is booster better than Jugo juice? I love Jugo juice...all natural and its like a meal...due to all the fiber.
How many Jugo Juice locations are there? I'm only aware of one and that is in downtown. Prices are pretty high for drinks though.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2053 posts
48 upvotes
Medicine Hat
rfd_addikt wrote:I tried their green tea smoothie, expecting it to taste like green tea ice cream. Boy was I disappointed!!! But I guess it tasted healthier. I definitely would not get it again though. And I definitely agree, it drinks like a meal.
i will second that, i hated the green tea one, made me feel ill

i normally like them though, ripped berry and marathons are my thing.

to the guy who said about cost, in edmonton nothing is above 5 or 5.50, so i guess yours are more because you live in GVR or GTA?
× < >