[Booster Juice] Booster Juice: BOGO Smoothies on November 14

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 12:22 pm
Jul 31, 2017
226 posts
42 upvotes
rickz wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:32 pm
It just sounds like someone had a bad experience and is still feeling a little salty about it.
I never said I don't taste fruit in their smoothies. However, I doubt they always use real fruit.

The thing I said is that their smoothies taste powdery. I'm sure you know by watching them that they put more than one scoop of powder in.
Jun 17, 2003
14 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't like the 'powder', it's probably the boosters you don't like (e.g. whey, protein). Just ask them for no boosters.
Aug 16, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
My mans BC is salty af about booster juice lmaoo.

On a serious note, they use powers for their boosters or protein so I'd avoid those. They also do use real fruit (frozen though). So a mix of frozen fruit, fruit juices (obviously these have sugar), yogurt, ice, powders, etc....

Mango Hurricane is the way to go.

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by BBChemikx on Nov 14th, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8480 posts
12853 upvotes
Scarborough
BBChemikx wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:41 am
Mango Hurricane is the way to go.
My fave too. Going to swing by on my way home. Hopefully there isn't a huge line up.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
Which one is the better deal? BOGO or 50% off on the first and last hour
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1681 posts
569 upvotes
Prince George
Pochacco wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:59 pm
Srsly? BOGO is exactly equal to 50% off if the items are priced the same. Of course if one is cheaper than the other, or you only want one, then 50% is better.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2456 posts
830 upvotes
GTA
Pochacco wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:59 pm
BOGO = With a date
50% off = By yourself
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:12 pm
Srsly? BOGO is exactly equal to 50% off if the items are priced the same. Of course if one is cheaper than the other, or you only want one, then 50% is better.
Yes seriously..just confirming Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes thks
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4674 posts
1113 upvotes
North York
Thanks, tried Mango Hurricane and Tropical Tornado. Love the free booster shots.
Oct 14, 2013
170 posts
118 upvotes
Most likely not...
Local booster juice was not honouring the 50% off today, just the bogo
Aug 10, 2001
674 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rickz wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:32 pm
You make it sound like they received cartons of sugar to put into all of their drinks. This is what I found from their FAQ website:

Do your Booster Juice smoothies have added sugar in them?
Sugar occurs naturally in all fruits and juices. All of our Booster Juice ingredients are made with pure juice, frozen fruit and yogurt are made without any added sugar and preservatives. The only smoothie ingredient that does have sugar added to it is our sorbets. You can refer to the Nutritional Guide in the stores (or here online) to compare the levels of sugars in our products. If a customer wishes to reduce their intake of added sugar they may want to try our vegetable based smoothies under the Hardcore category that do not contain any sorbet.

Now all of their drinks use powder instead of real fruit? While I'm sure some of their specialty drinks are made with powder (pumpkin spice, chocolate, etc.) - I'm pretty certain they use real fruit for almost all of their smoothies. I mean, YOU CAN SEE them scooping the fruit before blending it for you, right?

It just sounds like someone had a bad experience and is still feeling a little salty about it.
Thanks for sharing this. I had asked if there are any added sweeteners in their smoothies. They said it was a secret recipe for their sorbet. I never asked what sweetener or how much.
Jul 31, 2017
226 posts
42 upvotes
pennysaver wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:08 pm
Thanks for sharing this. I had asked if there are any added sweeteners in their smoothies. They said it was a secret recipe for their sorbet. I never asked what sweetener or how much.
It's not a secret recipe, it's on their product containers.