• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2008 1:59 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 22, 2007
1 posts

Bosch 700 Series Evolution Electric Range HES7282U

I am in the market for a new electric range and upon doing some research I have determined that this Bosch model appears to be a very good option.
My problem is that in talking to Trail Appliance here in Calgary about buying said model the CSA has not approved it as of yet for sale in Canada (not entirely sure why).
My question is whether anybody has any idea if this model will be approved in Canada anytime soon? If not, does anyone have any experience with the other Bosch 700 Series Evolution Electric Range (I believe it is Model HES7052U) that appears to be available in Canada? Thanks in advance.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7367 posts
834 upvotes
GTA
Bumping an old thread.

Looks like the Bosch 700 Series Evolution Electric Range HES7282U is available in Canada now as it's the one we're looking at (been priced at just under $1,900).

http://boschappliances.com/kitchen-appl ... 7282U.html

I know Bosch dishwashers are highly rated. Does anyone have any experience with Bosch ranges (this one or others)?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1086 posts
49 upvotes
Bolton, ON
We have Bosch for all our appliances, but the range is natural gas. Had the line put in and I can say I will not cook on electric again. The touch pad for the oven is a little finicky, but if your finger is damp, it works quite well. I think we have the HDS7052C Evolution dual fuel. I'm just a little lazy to go down stairs and check. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7367 posts
834 upvotes
GTA
Thanks. For us, we're in a condo where gas isn't an option. I liked the appearance of the Bosch and know it is well regarded for dishwashers, so hoping we have the same experience with the range! I also like that the dials are at the front (as with gas) so you don't have to lean over the range to change the temp. of the elements, etc.