Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bose Canada

Refurbished Bose QC35 (1st Gen) Noise Cancelling Headphones $209.00

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 12:46 am
Aug 13, 2004
143 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
woah123 wrote: How’s the battery life on the refurbished model? Also if you do wired connection (aux) does noise cancellation still work?
ANC works whenever you have battery and turn the power switch on. jack Wired or wireless will not have impact on it. If you ran out of battery and plug it in your device, you won't have anc.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
Silver is OOS :-(
It's a good price.
Thanks for posting OP.
Oct 24, 2017
333 posts
791 upvotes
This is a great deal. There are now two differences between the QC35's and the QC35II's though - the ANC / Assistant button, and Bose AR.

I upgraded my refurb QC35's to 3.0.3 and I didn't run into any ANC issues. I followed pretty specific instructions though, which included doing a factory reset, a hardware reset, and then plugging them into my computer and updating through the bose firmware update page rather than through the app. I repeated that process 3 times
May 23, 2017
77 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: That sucks. I guess I got used to the weakened ANC until I downgraded and noticed the difference. How low did you go? I went to 2.1.3.
I went as low as 1.0.6. Even when I switch in between High-Low-Off ANC, the level changes very little.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
2706 posts
1400 upvotes
Toronto
HamMane wrote: Thanks OP, been chasing this price for a while with the outlets in Ontario around black Friday and boxing day. Good price.

The only difference between the QC35I and QC35II is the addition of assistant support. A good feature IMO but I'll take the savings on this unit.
No improvement on sound?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1860 posts
890 upvotes
Might give these a try as well since there's free returns on them. Likely would have grabbed these in the first place over the Hear On 2's I got. Comfort is king for me and these were the most comfortable headphones I've tried on before.
Aug 8, 2019
66 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been looking at the QC35II (and the Sony XM3), looking for a deal but none to be had. I have an upcoming trip next week, so I bought these and paid the $25 for express shipping. Comfort is everything and I've had some quite uncomfortable ones in the past...so hopefully these work for me!
Dec 20, 2018
630 posts
563 upvotes
YQR
karlb wrote: Some are returns/refurb in a plain white box, some are brand new in retail packaging that have a refurb sticker (like the QC35 II I got).

Doesn't matter. Bose is good with warranty claims, and treats out of warranty customers good as well.
So if i return it in 1 month, mine gonna show up in next refurb sale Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
What's this about a firmware update hobbling noise cancelling?!
(I didn't even know the headphone had firmware updates..)
This space for rent.
Nov 16, 2015
837 posts
1906 upvotes
Toronto, ON
if you are on the fence about these buy them from bose.

if you buy from bestbuy / the source you cant return used headphones.

i bought a pair a few months ago and they gave me terrible headaches (apparently its a thing for some people and ANC headphones) I returned them a week later.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
I live in a Condo, for some reason in the address field it's not letting me enter Unit No. and gives an error, only allowing the building number...what shall I do?
Apr 27, 2010
451 posts
871 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: I live in a Condo, for some reason in the address field it's not letting me enter Unit No. and gives an error, only allowing the building number...what shall I do?
I always do (unit#)-(address) and never had issues in 8+ years of living in condos downtown Toronto. i.e. 420-69 Disney st. E.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
FPrince wrote: I always do (unit#)-(address) and never had issues in 8+ years of living in condos downtown Toronto. i.e. 420-69 Disney st. E.
I already tried the same (unit#)-(address) on this page and still not allowing...in my 8+ yrs I have never faced such issue...please test it out on your end and check
Apr 27, 2010
451 posts
871 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: I already tried the same (unit#)-(address) on this page and still not allowing...in my 8+ yrs I have never faced such issue...please test it out on your end and check
Hmm are you getting rejected with the billing address then? Maybe you can update that.
I bought mine earlier with (unit #)-(address) fwiw Neutral Face
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
FPrince wrote: Hmm are you getting rejected with the billing address then? Maybe you can update that.
I bought mine earlier with (unit #)-(address) fwiw Neutral Face
If that's the case then why is it allowing only the building number and going to payment page? Only problem is when I enter Unit number its giving an error
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5737 upvotes
225.99$ TOTAL...where is the 20% off coupon?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5737 upvotes
ordered one to try since it's free return
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Dec 15, 2017
706 posts
808 upvotes
Vancouver
Just ordered them. With 30 day return policy and free return shipping, there's nothing to lose if you just want to try them out.

Like an earlier poster, my biggest issue with these being refurbished would be the battery.
Fido Black Friday 2023: 70GB/$34 (40GB+30GB Bonus)
Shaw/Rogers: 500Mbps/$55
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)