Expired Hot Deals

[Boston Pizza] Full Rack of Ribs + 2 Sides + Garlic Toast = $19.99 [Dine-in only]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 6:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20244 posts
136726 upvotes
GTA
D0ntgiveajack wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:08 am
Name checks out.
Agreed - sounds like someone with some snout in the game...
Banned
Apr 30, 2017
22 posts
18 upvotes
Would not recommend. Husband had his sent back to the kitchen as they came out cold.
Mar 23, 2004
37430 posts
3875 upvotes
Markham
Russell wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:09 am
BP’s rib recipe:

Ribs arrive vacuum sealed, but not frozen.
Boil to “slow-cook” for several hours.
Portion and freeze until needed.
Microwave defrost.
Drench in BBQ sauce from a 4L bag.
Heat in oven for 7 minutes.
Serve.

-a former BP kitchen monkey
wow totally wtf. Hopefully other places that serves ribs are not like that...
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4137 posts
1371 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:08 pm
wow totally wtf. Hopefully other places that serves ribs are not like that...
Probably are. Might get marginally better treatment from places specializing in ribs, but this is certainly how it is anywhere where ribs is one item on the menu out of two hundred.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1967 posts
552 upvotes
I love how deals for restaurants turn into a forum of individual reviews.
May 12, 2012
420 posts
310 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
PigsRTastey wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:29 pm
BP is crap
Memphis BBQ, various GTA locations.
6 bone dinner, which is about 1/2 a rack or more, comes with fries, beans, coleslaw and cornbread.
$20 and change includes a pop and tax.
The Woodbridge location is the best, but it's very busy and very small. Milton location is good.
Wings and burgers are good too.
https://www.bigbonebbq.ca/
Will second this place. Really good, service was great and food was tasty with large portions. Definitely worth more than a dinner at BP.
Nov 1, 2015
415 posts
227 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Not a deal at all.... thought it said 2 racks of ribs. 1 rack is not enough at all.
Apr 20, 2009
844 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! I can't comment on the quality, never had the meal yet, but.. it's definitely a bargain. And BP's are everywhere. If you get the most plentiful sides and add cheese to the garlic bread, that's gotta be a really hefty and potentially yummy $25 meal
Feb 11, 2007
42 posts
61 upvotes
Turrono, eh!
Tried this deal across from the SkyDome. Interestingly the Baton Rouge there closed down, so that was interesting. Anyway BP was empty early midafternoon. Got mash and veggies(broccoli and cauliflower florets and slivered carrots), garlic toast. She asked me if I wanted gravy for the mash, I said sure. The rack is a full rack. Although tender, they cook them with the silverskin on. They were just a notch above warm. I could tell they were, at some point, boiled, but there is no grilling or char flavour on them. There is absolutely no comparison at all with ribs you'd get a place like Memphis so don't even use them in the same sentence. The mash portion was hearty, the veggies were dry. The gravy was no more than 1.5 oz, barely warm and thoroughly clumpy. I'm pretty sure it's a powdered or artificial base. They charge about $3 for this shot-sized portion of gravy, believe it or not!! Basically, the last time I tried BP was about a dozen or so years ago. It was awful then, and it's still bad. The promo was successful getting me back in the door... but I doubt I'll go back. This deal expires around valentines day.
there you have it.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11667 posts
2097 upvotes
RFD
PigsRTastey wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:29 pm
BP is crap
Memphis BBQ, various GTA locations.
6 bone dinner, which is about 1/2 a rack or more, comes with fries, beans, coleslaw and cornbread.
$20 and change includes a pop and tax.
The Woodbridge location is the best, but it's very busy and very small. Milton location is good.
Wings and burgers are good too.
https://www.bigbonebbq.ca/
My brother and I went to the Woodbridge location years back when we were passing by and definitely it is worth it to go back, the food is really good.

Did not know they have a Milton location and is actually 5-10 minutes away from his new home, so I guess we'll be going there more often now when I visit him.
Mar 23, 2004
37430 posts
3875 upvotes
Markham
I tried at the BP on 7 and Jane, it's actually pretty good. Well much better than I expected at least...
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」