• Jan 6th, 2018 11:07 pm
Tags:
None
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8949 posts
13334 upvotes
Scarborough
This is something we're definitely keeping our eyes on. There's no simple way to root all these accounts out but we are aware of it happening. If anyone feels a user might be a bot feel free to report them to us and we'll take a closer look.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
There have been so many shills on RFD recently for *************. I've reported many of them, but they keep joining or reposting once their initial posts are deleted when they aren't permanently banned. Looks like there were about 25 posts mentioning the company and at least 17 of them have been deleted. Here are some of the remaining ones:

hot-black-strapped-lace-bodycon-sale-44-72-a-1402988/

*****-apparel-halloween-sale-25-off-cod ... g-1399813/

I suspect the only person that responded to this thread - emilytoday - is a shill for another site (pinkbasis.com):
*****-apparel-halloween-sale-25-off-cod ... g-1399714/

25-off-free-shipping-everything-*****-w ... l-1396350/

This one was permanently banned since they used the company name in their user name:
apparel-oasapi-s25-off-1386177/

*****-com-women-apparel-10-off-49-free- ... s-1403533/

This is an example of the type of useless posts the users make to try to up their post count so they think we won't notice they are shills:

parajumpers-pjs-black-parka-womens-xs-1 ... st17719159

Edit to add: Thank you for the quick action of whoever has just started banning these users. I think it is good to make a note of it in threads like this, so users can be aware of these types of companies.

Edit to add: The thanks goes to EmperorOfCanada for the quick work of taking care of these posts. Thanks EoC!

As well, just wanted to add this post wasn't a bash at the mods in any way as I wasn't saying they weren't doing their job. Sometimes the users notice a pattern and the mods can't be in all places without reports from the users. I just wanted to post this as I think it is good for the users of the site to be aware of shills that promote certain sites thinking that they are fooling us when they really are not.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
May 28, 2012
9674 posts
1887 upvotes
Saskatoon
^I've reported one or two of their posts, and I was really impressed at how quickly the mods are with dealing with this issue.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto
sillysimms wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 2:16 am
There have been so many shills on RFD recently for www.*****.com. I've reported many of them, but they keep joining or reposting once their initial posts are deleted when they aren't permanently banned. Looks like there were about 25 posts mentioning the company and at least 17 of them have been deleted. Here are some of the remaining ones:

hot-black-strapped-lace-bodycon-sale-44-72-a-1402988/

*****-apparel-halloween-sale-25-off-cod ... g-1399813/

I suspect the only person that responded to this thread - emilytoday - is a shill for another site (pinkbasis.com):
*****-apparel-halloween-sale-25-off-cod ... g-1399714/

25-off-free-shipping-everything-*****-w ... l-1396350/

This one was permanently banned since they used the company name in their user name:
apparel-*****i-s25-off-1386177/

*****-com-women-apparel-10-off-49-free- ... s-1403533/

This is an example of the type of useless posts the users make to try to up their post count so they think we won't notice they are shills:

parajumpers-pjs-black-parka-womens-xs-1 ... st17719159

Edit to add: Thank you for the quick action of whoever has just started banning these users. I think it is good to make a note of it in threads like this, so users can be aware of these types of companies.

Edit to add: The thanks goes to EmperorOfCanada for the quick work of taking care of these posts. Thanks EoC!

As well, just wanted to add this post wasn't a bash at the mods in any way as I wasn't saying they weren't doing their job. Sometimes the users notice a pattern and the mods can't be in all places without reports from the users. I just wanted to post this as I think it is good for the users of the site to be aware of shills that promote certain sites thinking that they are fooling us when they really are not.
Added the store name to the censored word list as well. I can't do anything about the deal link field at the moment, as that is technically outside of vBulletin.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6122 posts
984 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
AndrewRFD wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 10:37 am
Added the store name to the censored word list as well. I can't do anything about the deal link field at the moment, as that is technically outside of vBulletin.
I was hoping that might happen :p
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11452 posts
1624 upvotes
City of Vancouver
"keithnate" has a whole bunch of posts that shill for hirecontractor.com

The Home and Garden forum seems to be getting a lot of fake members posting in there right now.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
May 28, 2012
9674 posts
1887 upvotes
Saskatoon
Becks wrote:
May 31st, 2014 2:00 am

The Home and Garden forum seems to be getting a lot of fake members posting in there right now.
Seems to move from one sub forum to another...used to be clothing sites and now it's H&G. They did lay low for a few months. You did a good job of exposing that "cut and paste" spammer (jensenlake?) but as far as I know he hasn't been banned yet.
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9384 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote:
May 31st, 2014 2:00 am

Looks like they are permanently banned at this point
Mars2012 wrote:
May 31st, 2014 7:16 am
Seems to move from one sub forum to another...used to be clothing sites and now it's H&G. They did lay low for a few months. You did a good job of exposing that "cut and paste" spammer (jensenlake?) but as far as I know he hasn't been banned yet.
Can't find any user jensenlake
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
Another site that would be nice to have added to the censored word list is zdress.

I have received a PM (below) from user Dannee offering to pay me (or make a 'donation' to me) to post about the site. This user's very first post on RFD was advertising zdress (I reported both the post and the PM yesterday, but think this site should be censored or this will continue). I mentioned in another thread that it was obvious Sallyy was advertising zdress and then I received this PM:

PM:

Advertising on RadFlagDeals

hi, I am Dannee. I find you so smart as you find me and my partner Sallyy. Yes, I am newbie, I think I was wrong to popularize our website on RedFlagDeals. Thank you to remind me.

zdress.com is an online store offering high quality dress and formal dress at wholesale prices. I'd like to know if you can post a topic about my website on RadFlagDeals. In return, we can make a donation to you.

If you are interested, please let me know, and show me the service & price detail about. If not, keep up with the great work, and have a nice day!

Best regards,
Dannee
http://www.zdress.com/
contact me: s.danne@yahoo.com

Dannee's very first RFD post:
Dannee wrote:
Aug 12th, 2014 5:14 am
maybe you can go to zdress, an online website, I have found some beautiful T-shirts and dresses there
User Sallyy is either the same poster or another shill for the same site.
Never say never
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6122 posts
984 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
sillysimms wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 12:11 pm
Another site that would be nice to have added to the censored word list is zdress.

I have received a PM (below) from user Dannee offering to pay me (or make a 'donation' to me) to post about the site. This user's very first post on RFD was advertising zdress (I reported both the post and the PM yesterday, but think this site should be censored or this will continue). I mentioned in another thread that it was obvious Sallyy was advertising zdress and then I received this PM:

PM:

hi, I am Dannee. I find you so smart as you find me and my partner Sallyy. Yes, I am newbie, I think I was wrong to popularize our website on RedFlagDeals. Thank you to remind me.

zdress.com is an online store offering high quality dress and formal dress at wholesale prices. I'd like to know if you can post a topic about my website on RadFlagDeals. In return, we can make a donation to you.

If you are interested, please let me know, and show me the service & price detail about. If not, keep up with the great work, and have a nice day!

Best regards,
Dannee

I have no problem with this user going to spam RadFlagDeals, as long as they stay off this site.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Dec 7, 2007
4823 posts
17823 upvotes
Toronto
sillysimms wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 12:11 pm

PM:

Best regards,
Dannee

I saw your report this morning & took care of the user. Please keep reporting cases where you think the user is spamming/shilling for their own company.

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
EmperorOfCanada wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 12:37 pm
I have no problem with this user going to spam RadFlagDeals, as long as they stay off this site.
Yep - I noticed the spelling error...twice!
MTommy wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 12:37 pm
I saw your report this morning & took care of the user. Please keep reporting cases where you think the user is spamming/shilling for their own company.

Thanks!
Thanks MTommy.

I just posted here as well as I thought this company was particularly deserving of being censored!
Never say never
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11417 posts
2391 upvotes
Montreal
sillysimms wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 12:47 pm
Yep - I noticed the spelling error...twice!
Spelling errors mean nothing, the true sign of a bot are empty meaningless replies. Here is an example made by yours truely.

Cas77 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2012 6:40 pm
People with really bad grammar bumping up 3 year old threads to write 3-4 words in it. They're aging accounts and bumping up post count to strike eventually.
Really? But I already have several coupons ago, lovely.

Can you be waiting for lower low quality price?

Thanks for your appreciate.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
alkizmo wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 1:21 pm
Spelling errors mean nothing, the true sign of a bot are empty meaningless replies. Here is an example made by yours truely.

Really? But I already have several coupons ago, lovely.
It isn't a bot, but is a company that should be added to the censored list as has happened before.

There are a whole bunch of new posters with hideous grammar, similar to your sample post, where it is clear they are just throwing a few posts in before they start spamming.
Never say never
May 28, 2012
9674 posts
1887 upvotes
Saskatoon
Probably not a bot, but anyone else think it's weird when a user has 120 posts and every single one of them is a "thank you very much"?