None
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11417 posts
2391 upvotes
Montreal
Mars2012 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 2:10 pm
Probably not a bot, but anyone else think it's weird when a user has 120 posts and every single one of them is a "thank you very much"?
Does he actually "Thank" people?
May 28, 2012
9674 posts
1887 upvotes
Saskatoon
alkizmo wrote:
Aug 27th, 2014 2:52 pm
Does he actually "Thank" people?
"0" thanks given, the thank you is in the text of her post.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11417 posts
2391 upvotes
Montreal
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 11th, 2014 10:22 am
You can't share search results like that unfortunately. Just report them or PM a moderator and we'll keep an eye on them.
ROFL woops. I didn't even notice it was a search result, I wantef to post the post history of a user, this user

members/1zou2heben-925097/

Will report to deport.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11452 posts
1624 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I have reported fake spammer acounts before, and nothing was done.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jul 5, 2004
22732 posts
2505 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Sep 11th, 2014 6:36 pm
I have reported fake spammer acounts before, and nothing was done.
Sometimes we have to wait until they actually start spamming before we can get rid of them. If were sure they're going to turn out to be a spammer, we get rid of them, but we can't always tell ahead of time. Your reports aren't ignored though, I can promise you that.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for banning the ones RenegadeX pointed out.
RenegadeX wrote:
Dec 15th, 2014 12:08 pm
2 posters in this thread cell-phone-battery-1627049 will one day soon start spamming the forums with URLs for whatever it is they're getting paid to post.
There are a lot recently and it is so obvious with the bad grammar/silly posts that the spam is coming soon. But, like Shaner said, even though it is obvious, nothing can be proven until they start spamming.

Here's a couple more:

what-makes-you-fall-into-trouble-recently-1626933/

Not positive as they threw in another amazon post recently, but I think the one above is likely spamming Lightinthebox on amazon.ca that ships from China based on this post:

discount-womens-fashionable-style-alloy ... s-1629259/

A few more (aamiya - likely was teamed up with the now banned Sandrine1124):

choosing-healthy-toothpaste-1615737/#post20738739

And probably 2 posters in this thread (Feliciac and pauli123):

local-news-without-cable-1435003/#post20904959
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2878 posts
456 upvotes
^ So, the smarter ones are now taking the approach, "If I post deals for dozens of stores you can't single me out for the one I'm actually getting paid to post about".
Nice.. at least we get legit deals then! :lol:

Some though, still not very smart.
'effimote' [RFD profile]
.. low post count and spammed the site he's getting paid to post for within 9 RFD posts.
spam post: best-bargain-smart-phone-200-unlocked-k ... st20933287
.. as he is in China and getting paid to advertise for 'kingsbuying.com', if not also 'tinydeal.com' and 'chinavision.com'
proof: [in China, and working for kingsbuying.com - check his sig and the sub-forum type] http://budgetlightforum.com/node/35986
additional proof: [he spammed same 3 suppliers as in RFD post] http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... st57507139
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9494 posts
3794 upvotes
Ottawa
You're taking my IP and telling me where I'm supposed to live...so why not ban any suspicious Chinese IP at the first hint of future spamming instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt? I mean I doubt someone from Beijing is here looking for deals at Staples and Shop.ca...all they're doing is bumping up their post count to look more legitimate thereby fooling unsuspecting forum members who may not be as deal-savvy as the rest of us yet. It fall within being nice to new users...it's all part of "Be courteous to new users (we were all there before)"
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cas77 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2014 8:15 am
You're taking my IP and telling me where I'm supposed to live...so why not ban any suspicious Chinese IP at the first hint of future spamming instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt? I mean I doubt someone from Beijing is here looking for deals at Staples and Shop.ca...all they're doing is bumping up their post count to look more legitimate thereby fooling unsuspecting forum members who may not be as deal-savvy as the rest of us yet. It fall within being nice to new users...it's all part of "Be courteous to new users (we were all there before)"
they most likely would be using VPN's and such
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8949 posts
13334 upvotes
Scarborough
A few months ago I looked up just how many new accounts were registering from foreign IP's and also known spam email domains and there were a decent amount of them. We've slowly been working on reducing this through bans and other means but it's hard to stop them all. We do ban quite a few accounts before they even make their first post.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
So it looks like the ones RenegadeX referred to were going to spam for ********** and I think there are a few others getting ready to shill for them soon.

wolfsheep is another one involved. Since the bannings, looks like they've taken a new approach (just reported it, but posting this for the users to see). Just letting the users know not to believe anything posted on the web about ********** as I received the following PM from a user with no post history - my favourite part is where I am told spamming for them would increase my credibility on RFD:

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is an inquiry from ********** International Ltd.. WWW.**********.CA is a Canadian online shopping website for quality home decor & renovation materials with up to 80% discount, wholesale prices, featured products& rich rewards.
We have lots of favorable activities. Compared with other companies, you will find our products are of good quality and lower price. Now we would like to put our ads on RedFlagDeals. It will be a great honor if you can cooperate with us. We believe if you can help us to put our ads or promotional information on this site, which will be a win-win opportunity to both of us. Firstly, our deals are definitely good for other members of RedFlagDeals, which can help them save more money. Secondly, it can increase your credibility and popularity on RFD.
Lastly, you can own lifetime membership of our site—VIP in customers, which will make you save more money than other customers.
We eagerly look forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Vivian Rowswell
Email: deleted
********** International Ltd.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)