Shopping Discussion

Bought 2 copies of Dark Souls for the 360 at BestBuy.ca during a Sale in June...

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2011 1:56 am
Tags:
None
Jun 13, 2006
218 posts
11 upvotes

Bought 2 copies of Dark Souls for the 360 at BestBuy.ca during a Sale in June...

Would it be possible to switch to the PS3 version without sacrificing the sale price?

I emailed best Buy customer service and haven't received a reply yet....

Anyone ever do this before?
17 replies
Jun 18, 2008
622 posts
368 upvotes
Burnaby
just say you mistakenly clicked the 360 version and want it changed to ps3 version
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2804 posts
2251 upvotes
GTA
I tried to call customer service and they wouldn't let me switch. I'm sure if you go to customer service, store, they will let you exchance for a ps3 copy. Good luck. On a side note. Isn't there a good promotion for $10 off and 800 rz points from BB. I don't know if you got it for $50 but that would seem to be a better deal.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Jun 13, 2006
218 posts
11 upvotes
Actually I got both copies for $43...

Hopefully they will let me exchange it for the PS3 version.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1605 posts
691 upvotes
Calgary
You are trying to exchange something 3 months after the fact? You do know they have a 30 day policy right?
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
Dark Phoenix wrote: You are trying to exchange something 3 months after the fact? You do know they have a 30 day policy right?

The game doesn't come out until this October.

OP, when they mail you the game, just bring it in along with the online receipt and ask to do an exchange for the PS3 version.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3214 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
Xeerochild wrote: The game doesn't come out until this October.

OP, when they mail you the game, just bring it in along with the online receipt and ask to do an exchange for the PS3 version.

it is going to release tomorrow Oct 4th.
I hope they mail my preorder today
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2008
1441 posts
26 upvotes
They typically ship the Pre-order so that you get it on release day. Although that being said, my Gears 3 copy came on September 21st instead of the 20th because it wasn't picked up on time by Canada post, but I didn't really care about it being one day behind.

Also, when it comes in, just bring it into the store like another poster said and switch it. Should be no problem.
Oct 19, 2005
887 posts
236 upvotes
Brampton
I hope I will get my collector edition today :(
Jun 13, 2006
218 posts
11 upvotes
wtf...my copies haven't shipped yet...
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3214 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
still says in progress for me

and they have 16 in stock available for order right now.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
Ferny84 wrote: Actually I got both copies for $43...

Hopefully they will let me exchange it for the PS3 version.
how'd you get them for $43 each?
❗
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
ccyk wrote: still says in progress for me

and they have 16 in stock available for order right now.
now there are ZERO in stock! :-0
❗
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3214 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
dtp11 wrote: now there are ZERO in stock! :-0

yea...guess i posted that link in hot deal
Jun 13, 2006
218 posts
11 upvotes
dtp11 wrote: how'd you get them for $43 each?

There was a sale during E3 earlier this year, most games had a $20 discount.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3214 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-m ... 2937.phtml

It would appear that Namco Bandai may have been a little too conservative with its sales estimates for Dark Souls (review coming soon!), allegations mount around the Internet of retailers overselling their stock. Best Buy, Newegg and Amazon have all reportedly disappointed customers by not having enough copies to meet demand.

One Destructoid reader was able to get a regular edition of the game at Best Buy, but he pre-ordered the limited version: "An employee searched around for a few minutes before presenting a company memo which stated that Best Buy had, according to Namco-Bandai, 'oversold' its limited editions of the game, and the games publisher decided that they would ship zero limited editions to Best Buy stores as a result. As compensation, Best Buy offered pre-order holders a $20 gift card if pre-order holders chose to buy the standard edition."

Our own editor Jonathan Ross is not getting his copy from Amazon today, as the company didn't have enough to ship on time. Newegg, which is dabbling in new game sales, allegedly did not get a single copy from Namco and had to cancel all its orders.

The veracity of these reports are likely impossible to determine, since different stores often say different things. In any case, we're hearing quite a few complaints from around the country, seeming to suggest that Dark Souls is failing to supply an overtaxing demand.
Jun 18, 2008
622 posts
368 upvotes
Burnaby
anyones pre-order status from bb change yet?

mine still says its in progress but my card hasnt been charged yet. Im going to be seriously pissed if they dont deliver.
Aug 16, 2003
19 posts
BC
Hiroshirou wrote: anyones pre-order status from bb change yet?

mine still says its in progress but my card hasnt been charged yet. Im going to be seriously pissed if they dont deliver.

My card was charged a few hours ago, according to the order page, but it hasn't yet shipped. I think I've seen one person who mentioned their bestbuy.ca order was shipped, but it seems most of us who ordered during the E3 sale are still waiting.