Shopping Discussion

bought from "beyond the rack" an invicta watch - not impressed.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2011 9:18 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 24, 2008
765 posts
27 upvotes

bought from "beyond the rack" an invicta watch - not impressed.

so, i bought from BEYOND THE RACK an Invicta Pro Diver 8932.

the band and casing seem very high quality.

but the second hand motion is 1 tick/second, whereas the description was "sweeping hand"

also... the ticks are not uniform... one tick will be like 4 degrees, and the next one would be 8 degrees (give that each tick should be 6 degrees).

also... if i jerk the crown back and forth, the minute hand will jiggle...

already paid $11-12 for shipping... their packing slip here says another $10 to ship back for "not as described" reason...

What should i do?
2 replies
Jun 30, 2008
222 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
quickinferno wrote:
Nov 15th, 2010 7:16 pm

but the second hand motion is 1 tick/second, whereas the description was "sweeping hand"

also... the ticks are not uniform... one tick will be like 4 degrees, and the next one would be 8 degrees (give that each tick should be 6 degrees).

already paid $11-12 for shipping... their packing slip here says another $10 to ship back for "not as described" reason...

What should i do?
I'd return it, better to eat the $22 than keep a $100+ watch that you won't like.

Invicta is a hit and miss brand.
Oct 25, 2006
543 posts
37 upvotes
quickinferno wrote:
Nov 15th, 2010 7:16 pm

What should i do?

automatic watches 'sweep' quartz tick. ...Invicta makes too broad a quality of watch, they have $50 watches, and $1500 watches.

Gravity can affect the degree of the tick if the mechanics are not strong enough to support the weight of the hand

if you dont like the watch, return it.
Perfect eBay Feedback