Shopping Discussion

Bought Coffee Maker Recently... Broke Coffee Pot. Any Return/Discount Options?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 4:05 pm
Mar 13, 2006
917 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
Canadian Tire carries replacement carafes as well.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
162 posts
47 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I went and bought the coffeemaker from Walmart just to be safe in case it goes out of stock. I e-mailed Hamilton Beach and explained what happened, we will see if they have any alternative options.
I checked on Kijiji with no luck, and I'm on hold with Tangerine to see if they have any coverage for purchases.

My worry with the generic carafes is if they will be as effective. This is the first coffee maker I have purchased so I don't know if the one size fit all carafes are a good enough replacement or not compared to the standard one that comes with it. The coffeemaker as a whole cost just under $30 so I might be better off with it versus paying $15-20 for a generic carafe. I knew that I put it in a dangerous spot as soon as I put it down to dry...ahh. Lesson learned.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2780 posts
232 upvotes
Ottawa
I got tired of breaking my carafes and bought one of these steel Cuisinart ones. I think it was a special order from Personal Edge.
https://www.cuisinart.ca/DCC-450BRC.html?lang=en
(Then it so happened that I found the exact same steel carafe in a discard pile on the sidewalk. So it goes.)

It adequately fits both of the small coffee makers I have on hand - I think one of them is Black & Decker and the other is Proctor-Silex. Perhaps there is not so much size variance when it comes to these things.