Shopping Discussion

Bought in US and live in Canada..What rebate to use???

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2010 6:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 11, 2006
13 posts

Bought in US and live in Canada..What rebate to use???

I bought new Struts from Rockauto in the US and had them shipped to a location 10 minutes south across the border. Munroe has a rebate form for Canada and a different one for US. which one should I use? The place I had them shipped to across the line is just a parcel depot and I doubt I would meet the "one rebate per household" requirement.

http://www.monroe.com/promo/promotions.asp

Thanks for any input.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2805 posts
202 upvotes
GVR
ArminKropp wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 10:26 pm
I bought new Struts from Rockauto in the US and had them shipped to a location 10 minutes south across the border. Munroe has a rebate form for Canada and a different one for US. which one should I use? The place I had them shipped to across the line is just a parcel depot and I doubt I would meet the "one rebate per household" requirement.

http://www.monroe.com/promo/promotions.asp

Thanks for any input.

Look at the rebate conditions. Usually which country you purchase is where you should submit the rebate.
My Heatware - My Heatware
[OP]
Jun 11, 2006
13 posts
Only condition I'm hung on is #4:

CDN Form----Offer good only in Canada at participating stores
US Form-----Offer good only in U.S. at participating stores

I've tried calling the Phone number on both phones and I never get anyone
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1839 posts
189 upvotes
ArminKropp wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 10:38 pm
Only condition I'm hung on is #4:

CDN Form----Offer good only in Canada at participating stores
US Form-----Offer good only in U.S. at participating stores

I've tried calling the Phone number on both phones and I never get anyone

It means if you bought it in the states, you have to use the US form.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2006
13 posts
Well, I guess I'll use the US form and go from there. No where does it say open to US resident only.

In any case I still saved $400 buying it in the US, suppose I shouldn't get to greedy.

Thanks everyone
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
5854 posts
1511 upvotes
BC
Before you go ....

I think the primary problem will be that RockAuto is not a "participating store".

They don't come up on Monroe's list of retail locations if you search on Madison, WI.

The rebate may be predicated on giving a break to the B&M stores, because everyone knows (Americans & Canadians) that Rock have prices that are hard to match.

U.S. MIR's are often a problem for Canadians without a U.S. address they can use,
but even though this one is unusual in that it includes Canada, I doubt you will get any joy.

As your receipt will show a USD amount only - you really don't have any option but to try the U.S. route.
Let us know how it turns out.