Shopping Discussion

Bought a Wacom tablet from Futureshop but no pen incl. They won't exhange!

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2008 10:00 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1745 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver

Bought a Wacom tablet from Futureshop but no pen incl. They won't exhange!

I've recently purchased a NEW bamboo (wacom) tablet from futureshop to use it with photoshop but the I realized that it was an open box and the pen was missing in the box. (When I purchased it, I remember there was no seal so I thought it came out as it is.)
I tried to take it back to futureshop for an exhange or a refund but they told me they can't since the product is missing in the box.
What should I do? Am I out $100 now? :( :(
17 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
so you just left like that?
why didnt you just demand manager, area managers and complain complain and all that stuff
dont give up easily like that

tell them it was already missing.
by not accepting it, they are saying you are a liar
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5139 posts
8 upvotes
Midland
Paid by Credit Card Cash back it .....

and I would email your story to tips@consumerist.com

they will attack Future Shop for you ..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8295 posts
4015 upvotes
Go back and cause hell!!

Really though .. don't let them take advantage of you like this and tell you what you can/can't do. You are a customer ..
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
If you did not talk to a manager already I would try calling and asking for the General Manager. They would usually work Tuesday to Saturday during the day and make sure that it is the General Manager that you are talking to as they are the most likely in the store to look at the big picture of customer service. I would also state that you just want to change it for a new one since it did not come with the pen since that is much less likely to look like you lost the pen yourself and now want to return it.

Good Luck
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5240 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
why did u buy it at FS?

i got mine for 50 bucks well i pmed Dell.

its 55 at infonec too

but ur problem i guess you could just try to return it without saying anything and maybe they will give a refund?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2027 posts
482 upvotes
In fact, you should give them hell for selling you an open box and used product as being new. Blatant misdirection going on here.

Don't give up, you did nothing wrong.
Dec 31, 1969
Worse comes to worse you could try contacting Wacom, they are a great company to deal with...I am sure they would take care of you.

But I agree, go back to the Future Shop and ask for a manager.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1745 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
Lulz wrote:
Apr 30th, 2008 7:53 pm
so you just left like that?
why didnt you just demand manager, area managers and complain complain and all that stuff
dont give up easily like that

tell them it was already missing.
by not accepting it, they are saying you are a liar
I did demand the manager but he would only repeat the certain words so we were going in circles. I was really fed up by talking to the customer service so I just left. :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1745 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
Goonish wrote:
Apr 30th, 2008 11:06 pm
In fact, you should give them hell for selling you an open box and used product as being new. Blatant misdirection going on here.

Don't give up, you did nothing wrong.
I told them this as well but they said anyone could have lied that it was an open box... WTF?
Jun 8, 2007
967 posts
229 upvotes
Mississauga
Unfortunately, I can see why they have a fairly strong case. You didn't say anything when they gave it to you, and there's no way to show them it was opened when they gave it to you, is there?

Keep pushing it as far as you can go, but imo you may be (unfortunately) out of luck.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5139 posts
8 upvotes
Midland
Start yelling .. no manager won't fall to your demands if you start yelling ... your right he is wrong./
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
jcoltage wrote:
May 1st, 2008 10:44 am
Start yelling .. no manager won't fall to your demands if you start yelling ... your right he is wrong./
Uhhh...more than likely the manager will call the police on you for creating a public disturbance if you yell...or just kick you out of his store...

Playing it cool and not backing down is the way to go.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5240 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
show them your receipt. Ususally open box = a small discount. since you didnt get a discount therefore it was "brand new"
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8295 posts
4015 upvotes
don_lee103 wrote:
May 1st, 2008 1:01 am
I did demand the manager but he would only repeat the certain words so we were going in circles. I was really fed up by talking to the customer service so I just left. :(

Don't let the morons treat you like that!

Stand up for yourself and make a scene! I am telling you ... you got screwed here royally!!

Ask for a manager ... if manager refuses to do anything, ask for a GM. If GM refuses to do anything, tell him/her that you are taking it up the chain and filing a complaint with BBB.