Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3127 posts
1074 upvotes

Bought a Z6 + 24-70 f4: Worth insuring?

Hey guys,

This is the first time I've purchased a camera this expensive and I was wondering if it's worth purchasing Henry's 3rd party insurance or adding it to my home policy? My understanding is that the Henry's warranty would add 2 years to the body and 3 years to the lens. Having said that, the restrictions gave me pause:
This plan does not cover repairs due to improper or abusive use of the product, liquid damage, bent pins, damage as a result of impact, exposure to weather conditions, sand or foreign objects found inside the project.

The maximum liability of this Plan shall not exceed the original purchase price of the product.

If, during the HELP warranty period, your product requires repair more than two times for any problem, it may be exchanged for a comparable model in Henry's sole opinion. A repair caused by external damage or sent back "No Fault Found" does not count towards a lemon replacement. Proof of prior repairs must be presented to qualify for a lemon replacement.
Given those restrictions, $300 (or 10% of the purchase price) seems steep, especially when my credit card already extends the warranty. Does anyone have experience with the Henry's warranty?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2849 posts
617 upvotes
Retail store warranties are provided by another provider, generally speaking not worth it.

Theft is already covered under your home insurance, damage is not even covered by extended warranty anyways.

If you have credit card extended warranty, that's "free" and adds an additional year, which is good enough. If by chance your camera dies after 3-4 years, repair bill might be $300 anyways or less...or you might decide to upgrade.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7601 posts
1483 upvotes
Your home policy may already cover you for the camera but check with your insurance to know what limit is for your coverage.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21286 posts
2113 upvotes
No, save the $s for your next lens.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3127 posts
1074 upvotes
Thanks everyone. Confirmed that my credit card provides an additional year of warranty and the camera is covered under my home policy. You wonderful people just saved me $400 + tax.