• Aug 10th, 2017 9:03 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7216 posts
747 upvotes
GTA
The video is terrible and this person shouldn't be involved with animals at all. Regarding PETA, if there is no issue with the unedited video and they have nothing to hide, they should release the whole thing.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5152 posts
660 upvotes
South of Ottawa
sillysimms wrote:
Dec 26th, 2015 9:38 pm
The video is terrible and this person shouldn't be involved with animals at all. Regarding PETA, if there is no issue with the unedited video and they have nothing to hide, they should release the whole thing.
They should, don't know why they wouldn't. They did turn it over to the OSPCA.
Penalty Box
Dec 3, 2015
416 posts
25 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
these people (zoo keepers and handers. ) are usually both financially and emotionally attached to their animals. i just saw his response and atleast part of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpIjrnRiB0

i am conflicted because whats going to happen to the tiger if bowmaville zoo closes down. are they going to mistreat the animals, like less food because of this. there are lots of videos on their channel and the zoo handler maddy looks really attached to uno. this is really disheartenning. in both fronts. i dont want to rush to close down the zoo and leave the fate of hundrends (how much every animals) in jeopardy .

here some more videos of that dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhJm2eaeMc

he honestly doesn't look like the type of guy who hates animals ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLcWqyZSDkc

this place doesn't look like the type of place that hates animals.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1832 posts
591 upvotes
Guelph
Full video that peta wouldn't show, with refutes.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5152 posts
660 upvotes
South of Ottawa
FeanorRFD wrote:
Dec 27th, 2015 4:03 am
these people (zoo keepers and handers. ) are usually both financially and emotionally attached to their animals. i just saw his response and atleast part of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpIjrnRiB0

i am conflicted because whats going to happen to the tiger if bowmaville zoo closes down. are they going to mistreat the animals, like less food because of this. there are lots of videos on their channel and the zoo handler maddy looks really attached to uno. this is really disheartenning. in both fronts. i dont want to rush to close down the zoo and leave the fate of hundrends (how much every animals) in jeopardy .

here some more videos of that dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhJm2eaeMc

he honestly doesn't look like the type of guy who hates animals ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLcWqyZSDkc

this place doesn't look like the type of place that hates animals.
The animals would be sent to sanctuaries.

No one is saying this man or the "zoo" hates animals. What they are saying (and have been for years) is that the animals are mistreated/abused.

gizmo8 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2015 8:11 pm
I like to say I made a bad judgement on the owner of the zoo,I was wondering why the tiger didnt react to the "whipping" he was seen doing in fact he was hitting the ground next to the tiger,you can tell the tiger wasn't fearful of the whip so he was never hit hard with it.
Oh really? The point of whipping the floor was to make the animal react to the noise. The same noise it associates with being hurt. The zoo owner admitted to striking the tiger at least twice. And laughs/gloats about inflicting pain on the tiger by whipping his feet.

And for what? To train the tiger to act for a human audience? What purpose does that serve, beyond lining the pockets of this privately owned zoo?

The guy swears at a baboon for falling off a mini-horse on live tv. Wth is a baboon riding on a horse for?
Penalty Box
Dec 3, 2015
416 posts
25 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Beachdown wrote:
Dec 28th, 2015 1:01 am
The animals would be sent to sanctuaries.

No one is saying this man or the "zoo" hates animals. What they are saying (and have been for years) is that the animals are mistreated/abused.

yea i am not convinced that the sanctuaries would have better environments and care than bowmanville zoo. my argument for this is on the basis that it is probably the second best known zoo around here after the metro toronto zoo. hence probably makes a lot more money than other sanctuaries which usually have to rely on donations to survive. but i agree training the tiger for human audience is deplorable . it shouldn't have to be put through that. with regards to the whipping in the video he seems to take the stance that when dealing with large undomesticated wild animals one always has to maintain dominance. he seems to be doing it when the tiger was deliberately challenging authority. still inexcusable. nonetheless it offers some prespective.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2514 posts
576 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't get it. This is the 21st century: why are we still training wild animals for the amusement of humans?
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10044 posts
906 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Exocet77 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2015 10:04 am
Full video that peta wouldn't show, with refutes.
Damn, dude disabled the comments section. That's the part I wanna see...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5152 posts
660 upvotes
South of Ottawa
FeanorRFD wrote:
Dec 28th, 2015 3:37 am
yea i am not convinced that the sanctuaries would have better environments and care than bowmanville zoo. my argument for this is on the basis that it is probably the second best known zoo around here after the metro toronto zoo. hence probably makes a lot more money than other sanctuaries which usually have to rely on donations to survive. but i agree training the tiger for human audience is deplorable . it shouldn't have to be put through that. with regards to the whipping in the video he seems to take the stance that when dealing with large undomesticated wild animals one always has to maintain dominance. he seems to be doing it when the tiger was deliberately challenging authority. still inexcusable. nonetheless it offers some prespective.
Do you know what the difference is between a sanctuary and a zoo?

What does it matter that it's the "2nd best known zoo" in Toronto? Does that make it okay?

"he seems to be doing it when the tiger was deliberately challenging authority." Its a wild animal ffs. Do you work for the zoo? Is that why you're defending something that's inexcusable?
Penalty Box
Dec 3, 2015
416 posts
25 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Beachdown wrote:
Dec 28th, 2015 11:09 am
Do you know what the difference is between a sanctuary and a zoo?

What does it matter that it's the "2nd best known zoo" in Toronto? Does that make it okay?

"he seems to be doing it when the tiger was deliberately challenging authority." Its a wild animal ffs. Do you work for the zoo? Is that why you're defending something that's inexcusable?
1)honestly i can say that i probably don't know the technical definition so i am probably wrong here . my sentence was only to illustrate that in my experience. the few sanctuaries that i have gone to tend to private owned and secluded. more like hobbyist and enthusiast. they tend to depend largely on donations. there cages are noticeably smaller than toronto zoo and bowmanville zoos. with the animals pacing back and forth . thats not to say that just because these guys have word zoos in their name they are any better. only that they are more popular , hence probably make more money leading to better facilities in the zoo.

2) and no it doesn't make it okay. i only mean to say it is what it is kind of scenario. its probably the best situation the animals can find comfort in right now.

3) i acknowledge this as well. i agree with you , there shouldn't be a situation where the tiger is being trained to do shows and having to follow commands. my only line of thinking is that it is a captive born tiger that is probably attached and accustomed to its way of life and people surrounding her/him. usually people who deal with wild animals form a dependent/alturistic love complex (kind of like that animal needs me /i need him emotionally ). i kind of saw that with the tiger with the way it behaves with the girl zoo keeper and him in the videos on their channels. it brings out the feelings that i have for my own dogs . for what its worth . i have never been to bowmanville zoo. i don't really know anybody there either . though i have nothing against zoos personally . on the contrary i am constantly going to the toronto zoo. at the same time i recongnize that they are not the best solution , only see zoos as a sort of guilty pleasure.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5152 posts
660 upvotes
South of Ottawa
FeanorRFD wrote:
Dec 28th, 2015 12:02 pm
1)honestly i can say that i probably don't know the technical definition so i am probably wrong here . my sentence was only to illustrate that in my experience. the few sanctuaries that i have gone to tend to private owned and secluded. more like hobbyist and enthusiast. they tend to depend largely on donations. there cages are noticeably smaller than toronto zoo and bowmanville zoos. with the animals pacing back and forth . thats not to say that just because these guys have word zoos in their name they are any better. only that they are more popular , hence probably make more money leading to better facilities in the zoo.

2) and no it doesn't make it okay. i only mean to say it is what it is kind of scenario. its probably the best situation the animals can find comfort in right now.

3) i acknowledge this as well. i agree with you , there shouldn't be a situation where the tiger is being trained to do shows and having to follow commands. my only line of thinking is that it is a captive born tiger that is probably attached and accustomed to its way of life and people surrounding her/him. usually people who deal with wild animals form a dependent/alturistic love complex (kind of like that animal needs me /i need him emotionally ). i kind of saw that with the tiger with the way it behaves with the girl zoo keeper and him in the videos on their channels. it brings out the feelings that i have for my own dogs . for what its worth . i have never been to bowmanville zoo. i don't really know anybody there either . though i have nothing against zoos personally . on the contrary i am constantly going to the toronto zoo. at the same time i recongnize that they are not the best solution , only see zoos as a sort of guilty pleasure.
A sanctuary does not cage wild animals. They consist of thousands of hectares of land where the animals can live in a habitat similar to where they should be in the wild. I doubt the few sanctuaries that you have gone to are actually sanctuaries.
Penalty Box
Dec 3, 2015
416 posts
25 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Beachdown wrote:
Dec 28th, 2015 2:51 pm
A sanctuary does not cage wild animals. They consist of thousands of hectares of land where the animals can live in a habitat similar to where they should be in the wild. I doubt the few sanctuaries that you have gone to are actually sanctuaries.
well i went to one i think in new brunswick or one of those Atlantic provinces when i was younger. it sure looked like a zoo but a bit smaller. are you sure your not confusing sanctuaries for elephants with the ones for big cats and primates. cause the elephant ones have free range and large hectares but the wild cat sanctuaries and primate sanctuaries don't

heres one i found
http://www.wildcatsanctuary.org/about/our-mission/
it still looks like a cage to me
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4814 posts
1353 upvotes
ON
Beachdown wrote:
Dec 28th, 2015 1:01 am
Wth is a baboon riding on a horse for?
I feel the same when I see some people driving....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5152 posts
660 upvotes
South of Ottawa
dilligafeh wrote:
Dec 29th, 2015 10:00 am
I feel the same when I see some people driving....
Lol, never thought of it that way, but it is an apt description.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)