Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes

Boxing day deals advice?

Never bothered to attend a boxing day sale.. anyone have any advice?
What stores do you hit first (or can you really only get the best deals at the first one you go to?)?

Need some boxing day strategy, here :->
28 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4196 posts
19 upvotes
d_jedi wrote:Need some boxing day strategy, here :->
1.) Rent "Jingle All the Way"
2.) Watch Arnold vs. Sinbad
3.) Take notes
4.) Keep Elbows High
5.) If deseperate, don't be afraid to take a hostage
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
1899 posts
1 upvote
CSR wrote:wake up at 3... go sleep outside the store
Wake up at 3? Sleep is for the wusses. Just kidding. Anyone know when deals at places like canadacomputers or <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150 target=_blank>tigerdirect</a> come out? O.o.
Aug 3, 2003
638 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
arrive at the parking lot 10 mins before the store opens, walk towards the front, just as the door open, PUSH AND RUN LIKE HELL!!!!

worked for last 2 boxing day, seen it happen every year and feel bad for the poor people who waited in line
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
pontiac_driver wrote:arrive at the parking lot 10 mins before the store opens, walk towards the front, just as the door open, PUSH AND RUN LIKE HELL!!!!

worked for last 2 boxing day, seen it happen every year and feel bad for the poor people who waited in line
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
I usually went to the store that had most price discount on the item that I want. In most cases, FS is my first target because it opened early 7:00 am and I still had chance go to some other stores because they opened at 8. I arrived FS store 1.5 to 2 hrs before the store open. It will for sure I got the good spot at the line (usually just 6 to 10 people in front of me). When the door open and I inside the store, I would tell any staff who I first see him and tell him what I want and let them grap stuffs for you. Usually, it took me 15 mins in and out of the store with all the items I want. Those were my past few years experience and so far 100% success rate :cheesygri
----------------(;゚∀゚)...I am not Anime Otoko,---------------
Now Watching: Naruto, Accel World, Fate/Zero, Gundam Age,
Hyouka, Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X, Acchi Kocchi, Sankarea,
Kore wa zombie desuka of the Dead, ZETMAN, Sket Dance & more...

----------------I am RFD Otoko......\(^o^)/--------------------
Nov 21, 2004
219 posts
Ya...Ive been one of the suxors for the past 3 years who has waited outside while people have pushed in front of me...no more this year.
I am getting up at 6:30 to push my way in first to Future SHop.
LOL :evil:
Banned
Aug 3, 2003
970 posts
2 upvotes
When does FS give out their entire BD flyer? I cant seem to remember from last year. Was it on Xmas or the morning of.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
Which FS stores are best to go to? ie. have the least number of people lining up waiting, have the best stock, etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1838 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
My suggestion to getting ahead of the line?

Aquire a Best Buy or Future Shop *SHIRT* and *NAMETAG*, and wear it to the event. About 5 minutes before the doors open, work your way to the front claiming that you are *cough*late*cough*.

Doors Open > BAM! Run like hell and take the nametag off and zip up yer coat!

Oh yeah, and *HOPE* you don't get lynched for pulling off this stunt!

:cheesygri

GYR8
Dec 24, 2003
760 posts
5 upvotes
XXXG-00W0 wrote:I usually went to the store that had most price discount on the item that I want. In most cases, FS is my first target because it opened early 7:00 am and I still had chance go to some other stores because they opened at 8. I arrived FS store 1.5 to 2 hrs before the store open. It will for sure I got the good spot at the line (usually just 6 to 10 people in front of me). When the door open and I inside the store, I would tell any staff who I first see him and tell him what I want and let them grap stuffs for you. Usually, it took me 15 mins in and out of the store with all the items I want. Those were my past few years experience and so far 100% success rate :cheesygri

whick FS store you went to? Maybe because people did their boxing day shopping at FS website on 25th. Last year I went to BB (Etobicoke) at 4 A.M. and there were 40 people ahead of me. Also, for hot, limited quantity items, the store staff will hand out coupons about an hour - 45 mins BEFORE the store opens. They also hand out the store layout so as to you know what is where. So you have your coupons and you know where to go. However in my experience the most time spent is at checkout counters. By 8 - 8.30 am, the wait in the checkout line could be an hour or worse.
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
dreamcatcher: Last year I was also shop FS on-line so I didn't need to stand outside the shop :cheesygri . IMO, BB relatively new last year so I think some people (or most) were like you and me shopped FS on-line then went to local B&M BB for another round Boxing day shopping. This year I expect BB will do the on-line Boxing day sale and I predict there will be not as many people as like last year. From 1999 to 2002 Boxing Day I was simply go to the nearest FS shop except 2000 because my previous boss wanted that NEC 19" monitor (sorry I forgot the price) so I needed to drive to the FS that is close to our shop at that time.

BTW, I had been only in 2 FS for Boxing Day sale. One is Richmond Hill (Yonge and 16th Ave) and the other one is HWY#7 and Warden.
----------------(;゚∀゚)...I am not Anime Otoko,---------------
Now Watching: Naruto, Accel World, Fate/Zero, Gundam Age,
Hyouka, Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X, Acchi Kocchi, Sankarea,
Kore wa zombie desuka of the Dead, ZETMAN, Sket Dance & more...

----------------I am RFD Otoko......\(^o^)/--------------------
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Just find some online deals and place your order from the warmth of your own home.

Most boxing day sales are attended by the lowest of the lows. And most of the door crashers are on sub par items that they couldn't get rid of. Why waste your time fighting over cheap merchandise?

It's not worth the effort as far as I'm concerned. If I want something I'll just buy it online. Way too stressful fighting through the masses.