Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
664 posts
24 upvotes
Courtice

boxing day flyers

I signed up on this site for boxing day flyers but did not get any via email yet. Did anyone else get any yet? I seem to have received large amounts of spam emails though instead lol
24 replies
May 17, 2006
72 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
no flyers, but I am disappointed by the fact that Red Flag Deals is bowing to pressure from retailers like Best Buy and removing early boxing day info. I think this sets a very bad precident. Who comes first on this site...the consumer or the retailer?
May 26, 2006
224 posts
49 upvotes
I am left wondering the same thing. First a message pleading for us to not post SKU's for FS/BB, with a promise of a flyer on monday. Unfortunately the flyer won't be out until 12:01AM Tuesday. This seems to be some sort of approach to "keep the wolves at bay".

On the other hand, this site is pretty closely linked to commercial influences; not sure I would act any differently if I had FutureShop/Best Buy threatening to cut advertising.
May 17, 2006
72 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I predict that if this site continues to remove any info that retailers ask it to, will either be the begining of its end or will be the impetus for another Deals website to start up in Canada which will not cave to pressure by retailers.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4088 upvotes
Ottawa
tilley wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 9:20 am
I am left wondering the same thing. First a message pleading for us to not post SKU's for FS/BB, with a promise of a flyer on monday. Unfortunately the flyer won't be out until 12:01AM Tuesday. This seems to be some sort of approach to "keep the wolves at bay".
Agreed. 12:01AM is Tuesday...not Monday as promised.

What's insulting is that the same flyers will be released at the exact same time on the BB.ca and FS.ca websites. What's the point of coming here for BD deals again?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2005
1964 posts
270 upvotes
batu wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 9:46 am
I predict that if this site continues to remove any info that retailers ask it to, will either be the begining of its end or will be the impetus for another Deals website to start up in Canada which will not cave to pressure by retailers.
Uh huh, what makes you think that other Canadian deals websites won't bow down to retailer pressure just because a few people are pissed they don't get to see some boxing day flyers early? Many people here, like myself, have gotten great deals from this community so I'm sure they'll let this pass.

Anyways, feel free to leave.
May 17, 2006
72 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Takada wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 10:03 am
Uh huh, what makes you think that other Canadian deals websites won't bow down to retailer pressure just because a few people are pissed they don't get to see some boxing day flyers early? Many people here, like myself, have gotten great deals from this community so I'm sure they'll let this pass.

Anyways, feel free to leave.
I think a new Canadian Deals Website could see the conflict of interest in taking money from businesses that they are reporting on. RedFlagDeals should not be accepting advertising from companies which give them ultimatums. This is not just boxing day...this is setting a bad precedent...like the locked Newegg threads, which RFD admitted they did not like doing but were asked to by Newegg. I have got deals because this community as well and appreciate them. But now I going to wonder what deals were posted then pulled and maybe I should be looking somewhere else for all the deals available in Canada

Anyone is free to do as they please.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8451 posts
1430 upvotes
Toronto
batu wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 9:11 am
no flyers, but I am disappointed by the fact that Red Flag Deals is bowing to pressure from retailers like Best Buy and removing early boxing day info. I think this sets a very bad precident. Who comes first on this site...the consumer or the retailer?

We haven't removed anybody's posts or info.
May 17, 2006
72 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Derek wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 10:56 am
Future Shop and Best Buy: Please Don't Post SKUs, Flyer on Monday
Hi everyone,

We've been speaking with Best Buy and Future Shop and they've kindly asked that you do not post any more Best Buy and Future Shop Boxing Day flyer skus until the flyer is out.

To give you a bit of an update so you're not left wondering when that might be, we will be posting the full Future Shop and Best Buy flyers sometime Monday.
7jaii wrote:
Nov 14th, 2008 5:03 pm
This is completely new on RFD. Newegg is advertising on RFD but requested its thread to be LOCKED so we can't post opinions & feedback, or share deals.
semantics
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2553 posts
80 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 10:00 am
What's insulting is that the same flyers will be released at the exact same time on the BB.ca and FS.ca websites. What's the point of coming here for BD deals again?
See, I was under the impression we would see the flyers BEFORE they are posted on the BB.ca and FS.ca websites. If not, than I completely agree with you. I thought we'd be the first to see the flyers.

Ryan, what time EST do you plan to post up the BB and FS flyers today?
May 17, 2006
72 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Ryan wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 11:12 am
And then someone did anyway and we didn't remove it.
Then what is the point of asking people not to post them.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17131 posts
473 upvotes
batu wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 10:54 am
I think a new Canadian Deals Website could see the conflict of interest in taking money from businesses that they are reporting on. RedFlagDeals should not be accepting advertising from companies which give them ultimatums. This is not just boxing day...this is setting a bad precedent...like the locked Newegg threads, which RFD admitted they did not like doing but were asked to by Newegg. I have got deals because this community as well and appreciate them. But now I going to wonder what deals were posted then pulled and maybe I should be looking somewhere else for all the deals available in Canada

Anyone is free to do as they please.
Give me a break, rfd is the best deals place on the web. Its their webpage and let them run it the way that works best for them. I see 0 conflicts of interest.