Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17129 posts
471 upvotes
batu wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 11:15 am
Then what is the point of asking people not to post them.
yeah why would they hope people would be polite and do what they asked. Atleast they didnt enforce it crazy hard. Just cant please some people.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2215 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto West
batu wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 9:11 am
no flyers, but I am disappointed by the fact that Red Flag Deals is bowing to pressure from retailers like Best Buy and removing early boxing day info. I think this sets a very bad precident. Who comes first on this site...the consumer or the retailer?
uhh my bet is on the legal system comes first.... You certainly arn't an IP Lawyer.

Do you realize the flyers and images are/can be copyrighted and can fall under trade secret laws?

Ryan and the Admin team would be creating website suicide by hosting those things preemptively. Now if someone else posted the info FROM the flyers its a different story but still not worth the calculated risks. RFD has nothing to GAIN from putting these up early except maybe a little traffic which certainly isn't worth the risk. Companies wont want to spend on advertising on non trust worthy sites either.

Now for a resolution.. THE FLYER WILL BE RELEASED AT 12:01AM ON 12-23-2008. THE SALE DOESNT GO LIVE UNTIL 8PM ON THE 24TH.

This happens every boxing day and black friday....
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2005
1341 posts
41 upvotes
I don't want to make things too obvious.

RFD administrators MUST post rules in order to avoid problems with FS and BB.
BUT, in the same time administrators don't have (in theory) enough time to check if all members respect rules and didn't post flyers.

So, rules are a law protection different from reality. Even if you didn't respect rules, FS or BB will take time to ask to remove their flyers. By the way, we'l have all flyers.

If you have flyers, it's your own decision to post them or not, but you know what we prefer :) .
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2553 posts
80 upvotes
According to the other thread, Ryan said the BB/FS flyers will be posted before 6 PM EST today, so we will still see them before the majority of the public.

That's all I wanted to hear, so nobody can whine now lol.
Aug 29, 2007
849 posts
57 upvotes
Sniper001 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 12:12 pm
According to the other thread, Ryan said the BB/FS flyers will be posted before 6 PM EST today, so we will still see them before the majority of the public.
Honestly i dont know what other thread or whatever Ryan said BUT, I dont think that we will see the flyers before the official release now after reading THIS thread.
Some people talked about th flyers being put up today and the BB site says its tuesday but Ryan hasnt shed some light on it.
It think they wanna do it the "legal" way this year lol :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
1099 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
I know it sucks to have to wait so long, but you can't blame RFD for wanting to forego any legal trouble.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
664 posts
24 upvotes
Courtice
thank you for all that replied to my post :-) I just looked through the posted flyers.

There are some great deals in the flyers but I guess only the ones that get there at 3am will get them lol I still hope to get some good deals though lol