• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2012 12:03 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2012
50 posts
Looking for a 42-46" 720 p lcd for $199.....just need it as giant picture frame really
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4572 posts
207 upvotes
Markham
looking in the 40-46 inch range for a 3d smart tv - led preferred
Dec 2, 2007
859 posts
43 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I'm hoping to get a smaller 19-24" tv that has DLNA (smart tv) capabilities, but the only one i've been able to find in that size range is an LG
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
2772 posts
588 upvotes
ViperZ wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 3:51 pm
I wouldn't expect any high-end models to go on crazy sale. Stores generally try to unload all lower-end models. We bought our TV in early December a couple of years ago. A salesperson at the store gave us a really good deal, and mentioned that our high-end model will not go on sale anyway. Checked boxing day flyer that year, and what the guy said was true. So if someone is looking at higher-end TV - i.e. Panasonic VT/GT, Sony NX, etc - then might as well go to the stores now and negotiate with them to avoid disappointment and crazy line-ups.
+1
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7406 posts
230 upvotes
Brampton
ViperZ wrote:
Dec 11th, 2012 3:51 pm
I wouldn't expect any high-end models to go on crazy sale. Stores generally try to unload all lower-end models. We bought our TV in early December a couple of years ago. A salesperson at the store gave us a really good deal, and mentioned that our high-end model will not go on sale anyway. Checked boxing day flyer that year, and what the guy said was true. So if someone is looking at higher-end TV - i.e. Panasonic VT/GT, Sony NX, etc - then might as well go to the stores now and negotiate with them to avoid disappointment and crazy line-ups.
Well if it's like that then the best time to buy those tv's would be January/Febuary where the stores are hardly making sales and might be more willing to negotiate. Plus You already saw boxing day prices and start from there.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4030 posts
152 upvotes
Etobicoke
Badman wrote:
Dec 12th, 2012 3:04 pm
Well if it's like that then the best time to buy those tv's would be January/Febuary where the stores are hardly making sales and might be more willing to negotiate. Plus You already saw boxing day prices and start from there.
Maybe it is, but it also depends when the manufacturers will start rolling out new models. If it will be new models in the stores in Jan/Feb and they unloaded older models during boxing week, then they will not negotiate much either. Pick your timing. Two years ago for us was a great time to buy in December, as we just moved and could get a good price :)
Nov 3, 2006
369 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Looking for a 32 inch smart tv for around 300-400 dollars
Mar 28, 2006
641 posts
44 upvotes
Looking for 50-60 inch LED 3D tv if its a reasonable price.
TecHub Services | 647-400-1008 | IT Consulting Services
Computer and Networking Services
www.techubservices.com
Sep 15, 2009
68 posts
8 upvotes
hi i wanna buy a tv for boxing day
do led tv's last longer
whats difference with lcd,plasma,led
i was looking to get a led 3d smart tv
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4030 posts
152 upvotes
Etobicoke
Decent explanation on the differences between TVs. Author has no idea about positives and negatives of plasma, which is pathetic for a big magazine. Author also has poor to decent understanding of LED backlight and how it works in LCD TVs.
× < >