Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2005
1159 posts
Tokyo

Brag about your best travel deal, ever.

Me;

August, Montreal -> Detroit -> Tokyo: 1050, taxes-in. The ticket itself is 2500 CAD sans rebate.

And after a horrendous experience last time I went to Japan (Montreal->Vancouver->tokyo), I arranged for us to get there 6 hours early for the transfer flight. :)
26 replies
Mar 10, 2005
138 posts
Welland
..hmmm..always always look for a deal..they are out there!

booked 4 return flights from Buffalo to Honolulu for this past April for a price of $424 US return each. I thought that was a great deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
Toronto > Detroit > Tokyo > Hong Kong for $1018 with tax. cheapest flight i could find elsewhere was $1500.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3519 posts
435 upvotes
Calgary
Fly from Calgary to Toronto to Calgary for twoonie after the SARS scares.

Then stayed at Fairmont Hotel Toronto for one night, with Lion King show, dinner for two up at CN tower, and Blue Jays game all for $125.

Also extended my stay at TO for $45 CAD per night for three nights at Hilton D/T. No Taxes, all level of governments waived the hotel taxes, PST, GST etc...
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes
BOS-CDG on BA World Traveller Plus - $20USD
ART-LAX on US - $1.86USD
ART-SEA on US - $1.86USD
YYZ-YUL on Jetsgo - $1 each way
YYZ-YUL on Jetsgo - $1 each way
YYZ-YVR on Jetsgo - $1 outbound, $39 return
Oct 26, 2002
114 posts
29 upvotes
London
I think the best deal I just got was mentioned here at RFD. End of August I had a condo rented for a week in Orlando for the family. Fly out of Buffalo on Southwest to Orlando + return for $460 US non stop for FOUR of us. This is just a few bucks more of what I would spend in gas less a total of 30 hours of drive time and hotels and meals. And $340 US cheaper than flying out of Detroit. A great deal.

Did Vegas last year for $600 US for 3 nights. Covered hotel, flight from Detroit and Grand Cherokee rental for two.
Jan 31, 2004
126 posts
Hobo Killing Fields
Calgary->Houston->Calgary 365 Taxes in during american spring break :twisted:
Quote From John Hui

that how dumb you are. company in germany created the internet not till 1990's. you don't make sense.
Dec 17, 2003
722 posts
6 upvotes
Um . . . I got my dad onto a trip to Santiago de Cuba one week from Toronto all inclusive for $600 taxes in, for a single room. The hotel (Costa Morena) was a dive, but we knew that - we'd been there already.

Also, there's the Starwood MBNA card. I really love it. We've already stayed at the Four Points Sheraton at Montreal Airport for free. A room that's regularly $130 a night, we stayed for 2000 points. We have 7000 points left over in the account, and plan on earning 10725 before september. By that time we'll have only spent $10k on the card, and $100 at a Starwood hotel. Our next free trip will be to New York City.
Feb 14, 2004
154 posts
1 upvote
To Atlantic City including hotel. A friend uses a travel agent a lot and goes to Vegas a LOT. Her travel agent heard last minute about a "high rollers" trip to Atlantic city for the weekend including hotel for FREE. 4 of us went, and we were told not to chat too much with the people on the jet. It was a full-size jet too. Lotsa high rollers.

We enjoyed the hats etc that were comps. Atlantic City was interesting for the weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
Business trips. Free flights, free limo, free luxury hotel, AYCE @ any restaurant.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
Not me personally but i talked to a friend last night and she booked a ticket to South Korea

Ottawa-Detroit-Tokyo-Seoul

$1000 included everything from Expedia.com for February

Granted it's a low season but it's quite a steal IMHO, normally that ticket would be in the range of $1,500
Apr 18, 2004
620 posts
1150 upvotes
Calgary
HighFlyer wrote:BOS-CDG on BA World Traveller Plus - $20USD
Nice to see you took advantage of the BA $20 deal, I would have too out of Seattle but with a new baby coming right during the period of the deal, had to skip it.
Jul 5, 2003
414 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Backpacking Europe: May 2K5

Duration: 23 Days

COUNTRIES: Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Czech Republic, England

CITIES: Amsterdam, Geneva, Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich, Fussen, Reutte, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, London

COST: ~$2700 for Everything (flight, food, accomodations)

Traveling Rules :) !! Explore the world to get outside of the bubble...
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
Booked Sandals Inn in Jamaica for 2 of us, $1700 on sell-off.

Arrived and hotel had been overbooked, so we were bumped to Sandals Royal Carribean, and bumped up 5 room categories.
Book price, $7200 for 2 people.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Apr 27, 2005
97 posts
4 upvotes
ontario
Buffalo - Orlando - Buffalo in January, direct flights for 6 of us = $451 US.

You sure can't drive with 4 kids screaming in your ear for that price!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
1072 posts
391 upvotes
i got a last minute deal when i was living in england. went from manchester to mayhofren (city in the austrian alps), 99 pounds per person ($240 CDN), it got me air fare and 7 days in a B&B. that was a steal...we spoke to another couple on the trip and they paid 5 times 500 pounds and booked like 6 months in advance....
Apr 18, 2004
620 posts
1150 upvotes
Calgary
porkchopbread wrote:i got a last minute deal when i was living in england. went from manchester to mayhofren (city in the austrian alps), 99 pounds per person ($240 CDN), it got me air fare and 7 days in a B&B. that was a steal...we spoke to another couple on the trip and they paid 5 times 500 pounds and booked like 6 months in advance....
Ahh Mayrhofen in the Zillertal valley, beautiful area, great summer skiing on the Hintertux glacier just up from Mayrhofen, one of my most favorite areas of Europe.
Apr 18, 2004
620 posts
1150 upvotes
Calgary
One of my best travel deals was Calgary to Frankfurt on Continental airlines C$550 each for my wife and I, purchased on SkyAuction back in 2000 before SkyAuction started tacking on extra for cities like Calgary.
Sep 17, 2003
699 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
7 days, all inclusive resort + flight to a 4 stars hotel in Cuba for less than CAN 1.500 (taxes in) for two of us.
Of course, this was a last minute deal
May 12, 2005
692 posts
38 upvotes
Markham
2 tickets from Tokyo to Bangkok return approx. $500 each. Was only billed for one of them...BOGO!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)