• Sep 16th, 2015 10:48 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 2, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON

Brands with extra slim fit dress shirts

So, I have trouble finding dress shirts that fit properly. I'm not actually that skinny, but since I have a larger neck, most of the "slim fit" shirts are pretty billowy on me, especially in the arms. At The Bay I tried their "Black Brown" and "Ben Sherman" slim fit shirts but they are far from ideal. I own a few "Milano" extra slim shirts from Brooks Brothers and they are a lot closer, but $110 each or $279 for three is a bit more than I want to spend for my every day shirts.

I know that people will probably recommend custom shirts for the best fit, but I'd love to find a few brands of reasonable fitting off the rack shirts so that I don't always have to wait weeks when I want a new shirt.

So, can you guys think of any brands that have extra slim fit dress shirts? Brands that sell by the neck and arm measurements, not like BR that just has S, M, L or Suit Supply that seems to just sell by the neck measurement?
12 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2430 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
Edwing wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2015 5:15 pm
So, I have trouble finding dress shirts that fit properly. I'm not actually that skinny, but since I have a larger neck, most of the "slim fit" shirts are pretty billowy on me, especially in the arms. At The Bay I tried their "Black Brown" and "Ben Sherman" slim fit shirts but they are far from ideal. I own a few "Milano" extra slim shirts from Brooks Brothers and they are a lot closer, but $110 each or $279 for three is a bit more than I want to spend for my every day shirts.

I know that people will probably recommend custom shirts for the best fit, but I'd love to find a few brands of reasonable fitting off the rack shirts so that I don't always have to wait weeks when I want a new shirt.

So, can you guys think of any brands that have extra slim fit dress shirts? Brands that sell by the neck and arm measurements, not like BR that just has S, M, L or Suit Supply that seems to just sell by the neck measurement?
Someone told me to give Spier and Mackay a try.
Dec 17, 2014
277 posts
58 upvotes
Eastern Canada
I find the CK extreme slim fit shirts from Moores fit me perfect. They have another BOGO on now for them too. (I think normally 89.50 each)
Nov 23, 2008
331 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Obviously, everyone's body types are a bit different, but I find that the Spier & Mackay slim fits work for me. They have their true (not vanity) measurements on their site.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9108 posts
1747 upvotes
Somewhere
Banana Republic Tailored Slim Fit.

Source : skinny asian guy here.
:confused:
Aug 17, 2014
56 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 12:10 pm
Banana Republic Tailored Slim Fit.

Source : skinny asian guy here.
Can confirm. These fit great on me too
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2430 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
canadianbrah wrote:
Sep 4th, 2015 11:32 pm
Can confirm. These fit great on me too
Still $55 per shirt after the discounts. Is there any decent slim fits that is priced at around $30-35 (no CK please since everyone said they drink after one wash)?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2531 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Express has different cuts of slim fit shirts and go for your price range when they go on sale, which happens quite frequently.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2430 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
ak-47 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2015 10:24 am
Express has different cuts of slim fit shirts and go for your price range when they go on sale, which happens quite frequently.
Are they non-iron? Also, I've noticed that they only have solid color shirts.
Jul 12, 2008
116 posts
22 upvotes
blitzforce wrote:
Sep 5th, 2015 6:03 pm
Still $55 per shirt after the discounts. Is there any decent slim fits that is priced at around $30-35 (no CK please since everyone said they drink after one wash)?
BR shirts go on sale all the time. I've gotten them for as low as $20 each. They are the best value for slim fitting every-day no-iron dress shirts.
Aug 16, 2011
243 posts
154 upvotes
TORONTO
Express shirt quality sucks.

BR def has the best inexpensive slim-fit non-iron shirts.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
BR, CK, Zara I've all seen have extra slim fit.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1682 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
I'd go for Express but be sure to buy comfortable fitting because once you keep washing and ironing, it gets tight lol.