Off Topic

Break dancing may become an Olympic sport!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2019 8:17 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11967 posts
1087 upvotes
Brampton

Break dancing may become an Olympic sport!

When did break dancing become a sport? I thought it went out of style? Well anyway, its closer to being in the Olympics. What do you think about it? Yay or nay?
. Breakdancing and three other sports have made the next move toward becoming medal events at the 2024 Paris Olympics.

The International Olympic Committee's executive board has recommended adding breakdancing, skateboarding, sports climbing, and surfing to the Paris program when the full membership meets in June.

final decision must be made by the board in December 2020 after further monitoring of the four.
IOC president Thomas Bach says the "more youthful and urban" sports offer "new opportunities to connect with the young generation."

Though breakdancing would be a new addition, the other three are already confirmed on the 2020 Tokyo Olympics lineup.

Bach says all four will continue to be assessed for how the sport is managed, and the integrity of competitions and judging
cbc news..
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
24 replies
Mar 25, 2015
360 posts
132 upvotes
where fire and disco…
they are quickly losing relevancy, so they are desperate
plus all the scandals makes them look foolish, and people are weary of paying billions to host them

break dancing is like figure skating, oh, you fell twice, that's ok you still win the gold over the person who did not fall once

sports climbing???
oooo! how exciting, what a an engaging spectator sport

personally i am sick of all the tax dollars wasted on 'elite' athletes, while people struggle for food and shelter
great you found a hobby you love to do, don't expect society to be your mommy and daddy

does anybody really think our national psyche will be mortally wounded if we don't win a bronze in breakdancing?

it is time to starve this beast and let it die
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11967 posts
1087 upvotes
Brampton
Imagine someone will hold the world record for the longest head spin!
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3309 posts
478 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote: Imagine someone will hold the world record for the longest head spin!
This
thelefteyeguy wrote: April fools is a little early....
and This
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12887 posts
3033 upvotes
Markham
Olympics is a joke....I remember when they were talking about removing wrestling!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
843 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
I didn't realize the Break Dancing industry had enough money to bribe the IOC.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11967 posts
1087 upvotes
Brampton
Nike break dance commercial
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23731 posts
2884 upvotes
Montreal
cheapmeister wrote: When did break dancing become a sport? I thought it went out of style? Well anyway, its closer to being in the Olympics. What do you think about it? Yay or nay?

cbc news..
It's a far more athletic sport than crap like dressage:

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
273 posts
36 upvotes
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) should be an Olympic sport over break dancing any day... Yet, that is facing resistance for some reason.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11967 posts
1087 upvotes
Brampton
mr_raider wrote: It's a far more athletic sport than crap like dressage:

What the hell is the horse doing? Some sort of dance?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
5424 posts
476 upvotes
One more step and breakdancing (and Surfing, climbing and skateboarding) will become Olympic sports.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/brea ... -1.5189204
Paris Games organizers said they want to deliver a program that is in keeping with the times and will attract a new and younger audience.
All about the TV revenues now, same as what has happened with the Winter Olympics (adding entertaining sports like snowboarding). Although I will confess I am OK with ladies beach volleyball being an Olympic sport. Smiling Face With Open Mouth