Freebies

Breville Barista Masterclasses (Selected Cities)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 6:06 pm
12 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3389 posts
1091 upvotes
Global Village
Thank you, signed up for this.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1445 posts
670 upvotes
Halifax, NS
hmmm the halifax link doesn't seem to go anywhere...!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5317 posts
973 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near Yorkdale in Toronto. would not travel all the way there for half an hour session. Thanks!
Jan 28, 2018
17 posts
5 upvotes
toronto
Do you know how often they have the free classes? Can't make it for the one listed
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1873 posts
263 upvotes
Red Deer
Thanks OP. I noticed in Calgary for example it’s in the Bay where they sell all of Breville’s appliances, wonder if they’ll have any special deals that day on Breville if you attend a class.
Aug 10, 2003
302 posts
81 upvotes
showed up to a scheduled masterclass and what a joke. The Bay didn't know of any classes put on by Breville, and no Breville representatives were around. Drove out in -40 weather for nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1873 posts
263 upvotes
Red Deer
K2` wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 1:15 pm
showed up to a scheduled masterclass and what a joke. The Bay didn't know of any classes put on by Breville, and no Breville representatives were around. Drove out in -40 weather for nothing.
Yep the whole thing is a joke. I went to one in Calgary (market mall) on the weekend and apparently the Breville crew went to the wrong mall instead (chinook). Amateur hour.

I should mention though that they emailed me, apologized and offered a $40 masterclass as a gift.
Aug 10, 2003
302 posts
81 upvotes
Rob76 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:17 pm
Yep the whole thing is a joke. I went to one in Calgary (market mall) on the weekend and apparently the Breville crew went to the wrong mall instead (chinook). Amateur hour.

I should mention though that they emailed me, apologized and offered a $40 masterclass as a gift.
did you email them to get that, or they actually proactively reached out to you? They do have a $40 class tonight at monogram
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1873 posts
263 upvotes
Red Deer
K2` wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 4:37 pm
did you email them to get that, or they actually proactively reached out to you? They do have a $40 class tonight at monogram
They reached out to me, which I was quite surprised by. Some Breville rep asked me to put my name and email address on a piece of paper when I showed up to the appointment, so I guess they must’ve got my info from that.
Jan 11, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
We went to one of their master class in Toronto. I honestly cannot recommend to anybody to pay $40 to listen to a sales pitch for an hour and a half. They have free shorter classes in shopping malls, that last about 30 minutes. You get the same amount of information and also it's completely free.

Sitting in that coffee shop for 1.5hrs listening to "our model does this and that", they wouldn't let us touch the new barista espresso machine so I don't even know how does it feel. I thought we would be able to practice making coffee and such, but nope, they won't even let you pour the milk. Then, of course, at least you'd like to try the new model they've been trying to sell you very diligently. Here again, once you get near the new machine, they would tell you "let me press that for you" etc. So really I don't understand the meaning of a "Master Class", to learn what exactly? You only get to listen to a sales pitch and pay $40 bucks for it.