• Jun 23rd, 2017 8:20 pm
Tags:
None
1128 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4457 posts
330 upvotes
As an expat, the number 1 issue is uncontrolled immigration...UK s getting hundreds of thousands of people each year
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2827 posts
2010 upvotes
The UK should just leave the EU. The UK and the continental EU have divergent agendas and different spheres of influence. The EU would be better off without the UK (less haggling, less exceptionalism). Germany seems to be the only country interested in fostering the EU. IMO, the real EU breaker would be a Frexit.
Sep 1, 2013
346 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
They need to do what's best for the UK.

If leave does end up winning (as I hope they do), I hope the Canadian government is smart enough to get in there and try to fill some of the trade and other gaps left by the EU. Thanks to Schengen, the UK has had no other choice but to clamp down on other sources of immigration, making it more difficult for those outside the zone that the UK would probably prefer to have. We should try to renew some of that old Commonwealth spirit, as we still share a great deal of history and culture with them.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18679 posts
2199 upvotes
Poormond Hill
The EU doesn't need the UK. Let them go.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1290 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
My issues with the whole EU concept: Each country funnels Billions into the EU to fund it. The EU leaders aren't elected, they can impose whatever law they want and fine you if you do not comply, they can restrict trade deals if another EU member opposes it if they also offer that product/service (even if it is at a considerably high cost) . Basically a select few have power and the people don't have any voice or say in the matter.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13365 posts
274 upvotes
Midland
The EU is a failed project. Countries must give up sovereignty to "the beast".
Take back your sovereignty, UK!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
26505 posts
1592 upvotes
Winnipeg
england was never part of EU, what's this about their exit?
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
bst/free stuff/btc/ether
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3374 posts
275 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
divx wrote:
Jun 13th, 2016 10:00 am
Huh? England (and the rest of the UK) is part of the EU...
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13365 posts
274 upvotes
Midland
divx wrote:
Jun 13th, 2016 10:00 am
It's actually the UK.
They were never part of the euro currency, but are a part of the EU.
Hopefully, they will exit from this beast system.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4093 posts
66 upvotes
Austin/Markham
TM2Megatron wrote:
Jun 13th, 2016 8:36 am
They need to do what's best for the UK.

If leave does end up winning (as I hope they do), I hope the Canadian government is smart enough to get in there and try to fill some of the trade and other gaps left by the EU. Thanks to Schengen, the UK has had no other choice but to clamp down on other sources of immigration, making it more difficult for those outside the zone that the UK would probably prefer to have. We should try to renew some of that old Commonwealth spirit, as we still share a great deal of history and culture with them.
This is a pretty cool idea actually. Australia, Canada and UK should do some NAFTA type thing so folks can freely work/live/travel between those places, since they've already got similar social programs setup.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Jan 23, 2016
618 posts
92 upvotes
North York, ON
If turkey joins the eu, 16 million turks will emigrate to the uk. The UK would be fools to stay
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23159 posts
1018 upvotes
Markham, ON
leave...lets see how long germany can continue to bail out Greece, Portugal and Italy
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18679 posts
2199 upvotes
Poormond Hill
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jun 13th, 2016 1:25 pm
leave...lets see how long germany can continue to bail out Greece, Portugal and Italy
Those three should just hook up with the Russians for support and before you know it, the US will help them.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.