Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Brick - Haier brand TV, cheapest tv ive seen, what do you think?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2012 8:20 am
Tags:
None
Jun 2, 2010
6 posts

Brick - Haier brand TV, cheapest tv ive seen, what do you think?

For a bedroom tv, a 22inch for $88 seems like a steal. I dont watch much tv so if it lasts me a few years thats great. The only other low budget tv im seeing is Superstore $158 for RCA 29inch.

Should i but inro bricks warranty service? Honestly i dont have a man in the house so any expertise is really appreciated im a working student so i really need a low budget tv!!! :|
5 replies
Jan 3, 2008
250 posts
61 upvotes
Winnipeg
At $88 you roll the dice and go without an extended warranty. If you have a credit card that provides an extra year of warranty, bonus.

It's up to you. Do you want to spend $88 or do you want to spend $158? Will 22" be big enough? I picked up the same 29" (or very similar) for my 10 year old for Christmas this year from Walmart.ca for $178. If I'm bored and feeling like a good laugh on Boxing Day I might just run out to RCSS (very close by) and rebuy it, return the other to walmart.

Depending on what province you live in, there also may be an "eco/recycling fee". (tax grab) Here in MB it's $9.xx for up to 29", $23.xx for anything bigger.
Jan 2, 2009
456 posts
16 upvotes
I have the Haier and really like it. For 88 dollars you can't go wrong as long as the screen size is big enough.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
2567 posts
423 upvotes
For a 22 inch you can get a lot of TVs for dirt cheap that are better brands.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
4997 posts
260 upvotes
Kanata
Can you list some dirt cheap better brand one? Haier is a famous brand on china, i trust it more than rca
VanceMendoza wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 4:28 am
For a 22 inch you can get a lot of TVs for dirt cheap that are better brands.
× < >