None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1611 posts
321 upvotes
FieroAlex wrote:
Dec 27th, 2013 10:55 am
it was a 22inch 1080P RCA TV, with the boxing day deal it came out to about $125 taxes and eco fee included. With their site error the total came to $101 for everything but I thought they would adjust the price and not cancel the order.

The other TV I wanted was a 24" Insignia 720p for $79.99. I was going to line up at 8am for that one if I hadn't purchased from the brick.

Anything in the 22-29" range for $100-$130 for 22-24inches and $150-$200 for 29-32inches taxes and eco fees included I'm interested. I'm going away for 18 weeks of unpaid training and I'd like to bring some form of entertainment along for the long evenings alone. Price is the most important factor, honestly at that size 720p or 1080 makes no difference to me as it will become a bedroom tv when I'm back from training.

I noticed FS and BB had a few different models in the 29" range for $179-200 all in .. I would also consider that range for something in that size but they are currently all sold out online and we can't see store stock either. I'll probably go hunting later today just in case.
Shoppers drug mart has a 28 inch I think Lloyd led tv with DVD player for 139.99
Dec 1, 2013
17 posts
3 upvotes
Newmarket
Wait so the website prices are a glitch and The Brick won't honour the orders? I placed an order via their site yesterday for a TV that was priced at ~$700. I just checked on their site and the price is STILL the same. Is it a whole site glitch or just on a couple of items?
Because if it's the entire site then that's just ridiculous. Not only did I hold off on other TV deals yesterday, I might now end up with no TV at all!!

Are they really allowed to pull something like this off even with the small disclaimer text & whatnot? Isn't this illegal, misleading? It's false advertising that got me onto their site, made a purchase (while passing up on others), only now to be left with nada.

And it's not even like the TV was so mispriced that it would have bells ringing (not a $700 tv going for $100, come on). Other stores had the same TV for $50-$100 more; only reason I went with The Brick.

I haven't gotten a call yet from them but no confirmation of order either. Now what am I supposed to do?
Sep 17, 2012
174 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
EbonyRose wrote:
Dec 27th, 2013 11:19 am
I sent the Brick an e-mail to cancel my order and I've been trying to call them all day. I keep getting disconnected. There's not even an option to wait on the phone. This is ridiculous.
Yeah, they operate on MST which is a weird timezone to begin with for a national retailer. I called right at 11am and got the "We are experiencing larger number of calls that usual blah blah" and then was disconnected rather than being put on hold. They have really "exceptional" customer service.

After that the call just doesn't go through. I get the Rogers "we can not complete your call at this time" message which I'm assuming means their 888 number is overloaded.

At least I know even if they somehow miss my email cancellation request, they have to call me to arrange delivery and I will cancel then.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4300 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
whoever had their tvs cancelled, lets start a new thread, cause I dont understand why the hell they would wait till yesterday afternoon to contact people.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1987 posts
911 upvotes
Montreal
Just heard about the glitch on the radio, "If you made a purchase from the brick's website recently keep an eye on CC bills, The brick mistakenly discounted some items online by 50% and now they want their money back!"
Dec 16, 2010
509 posts
91 upvotes
It made the news here too

(link in French) http://montreal.radionrj.ca/info-nrj/bl ... D=10627150

It's very bad PR... according to the office of consumer rights here in Quebec this error is totally brick's fault and the consumer should be getting their goods at the price that was on the invoice. They say to pursue Brick and send them an affidavit if needed
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3766 posts
2056 upvotes
Futureshop, Bestbuy, Visions, Wal-Mart, Superstore, Target, Sears, etc lost potential sales due to The Brick's glitch. Imo The Brick have to cancel all orders before 26th otherwise they have to honour the prices. If the glitch happened other time of they year, no biggie. This totally ruined a lot of people's boxing day.
Dec 1, 2013
17 posts
3 upvotes
Newmarket
Just been doing some research on it. According to the Competition Bureau of Canada, their "glitch" is misleading.

The Brick (& Leon) currently has a $10 million lawsuit against them filed by the Competition Bureau. Apparently, this isn't the first time they've done something like this.

If you've been affected, it's recommended to let the CB know about it.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
682 upvotes
Shhanada
I think The Brick (like many companies) is more sensitive to bad PR on social media. So you may have better luck raising this issue on f@cebooke and twi++er.
Dec 16, 2010
509 posts
91 upvotes
SurplusPlus wrote:
Dec 27th, 2013 2:33 pm
I think The Brick (like many companies) is more sensitive to bad PR on social media. So you may have better luck raising this issue on f@cebooke and twi++er.
Good idea!
Sep 17, 2012
174 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
SurplusPlus wrote:
Dec 27th, 2013 2:33 pm
They are way way past caring. Their Twi++er feed has auto-responses for customer complaints. It basically gives the same exact template response to all even though in most cases it's not even applicable to what they are complaining about.

I think they very have given up on PR.
Sep 18, 2004
556 posts
255 upvotes
This is pretty disappointing, I'll definitely look into contacting the Competition Bureau. Is there any other recourse for consumers? I guess BBB might be one, maybe Homestars as well strictly for the PR. Anything else?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4300 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
Let's get a petition going, and also slam their Facebook page. I'm also up for going to their regional office.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1791 posts
104 upvotes
Ottawa
FieroAlex wrote:
Dec 27th, 2013 12:55 pm
It made the news here too

(link in French) http://montreal.radionrj.ca/info-nrj/bl ... D=10627150

It's very bad PR... according to the office of consumer rights here in Quebec this error is totally brick's fault and the consumer should be getting their goods at the price that was on the invoice. They say to pursue Brick and send them an affidavit if needed
In Quebec by law they're not allowed to cancel the orders, for the rest of Canada they're out of luck if The Bricks wants to cancel them