Tags:
None
Sep 17, 2012
179 posts
113 upvotes
Mississauga
Toronto Gamblers wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 3:07 pm
They offerred me 10% off the sale price, which is an excellent deal. $768 for the Samsung 55" 6300, but I really don't want to even deal with these jokers. I'm going with the 55" 6400 from Stepensons for $799.
Keep in mind that similar to TheBrick, they also don't allow returns (unless unopened and even then only full price items). You do have 14 days to exchange in case of defects but I'm assuming proving a defect (like light leaks) would be near impossible with Stephenson's.
Dec 25, 2004
640 posts
42 upvotes
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 5:11 pm
isn't that a better deal anyway? the 6400 is definitely more than a 30 dollar upgrade over the 6300
Agreed. Better TV and real people to talk to if you have an issue.
Dec 1, 2013
17 posts
3 upvotes
Newmarket
Still haven't heard anything back from The Brick (no charge, no cancellation, no nothing) so I went ahead and got the same tv at another store. So now I may potentially end up with two tvs, thanks a lot TheBrick! You ain't getting off the hook easy for this huge mess.
Dec 16, 2010
515 posts
103 upvotes
FYI, here is where I stand.

I had initially written on the facebook page for the brick and sent them an email.

about an hour later I got a call from customer service, although the lady was polite and nice she did not want to honor the initial order that I had going with them. I requested to be contacted by the Manager. It's been 2 days and nothing yet.

Meanwhile I had placed a second order with the post boxing day scandal deal which I ended up cancelling yesterday. I told them I didn't want to give them any of my money because of the way the were dealing with the situation. I turned around and I ordered from Visions for $5 more.

I was willing to drop their mistake but their attitude is so ***** that I'm going to pursue this one, I'll be calling the OPC on Monday to lodge my complaint.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
I honestly encourage everybody to do the same.

at this point it's about making them pay for the mistake just enough to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Sep 11, 2012
92 posts
41 upvotes
got call from thebrick, asked me either pay the 'correct' price or cancel the order. without saying sorry and any apologize to me.
Oct 22, 2005
364 posts
25 upvotes
Based on the replies, I almost though this was a Mark's Work Warehouse thread.

Quote from news article:

A spokesperson at Quebec’s Consumer protection office told Global News that the Brick is in the wrong and is legally bound to follow through with the discount.
“The second you click “order” online, the customer has signed a contract with the merchant,” said Réal Coallier.

YA, MAYBE IN QUEBEC. Real Coallier clearly didn't hear about the Marks fiasco lol
Dec 22, 2008
867 posts
311 upvotes
Vancouver
This is such a non issue. All brick had to do was cancel orders and offer every customer an apology for the error.

Which I've seen they've done. Offered 10% off normal sales price. So what's the problem?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Dec 30th, 2013 12:40 am
This is such a non issue. All brick had to do was cancel orders and offer every customer an apology for the error.

Which I've seen they've done. Offered 10% off normal sales price. So what's the problem?
doesn't appear this is actually the case, and the cancellations were done so late, it's preventing customers from getting deals from the competition that may have been better.

it's not something I would take to court, but I'd probably never shop at the brick again because of it. online is the only way I could currently handle the brick, seems now I can't even trust that.
Oct 27, 2010
60 posts
11 upvotes
Trying to cancel my online order (didn't realize at the time that returns were 7 days) and the 1-877 number is not working. Anyone having the same issue?
Dec 16, 2010
515 posts
103 upvotes
mikeinmtl wrote:
Dec 30th, 2013 10:28 am
Trying to cancel my online order (didn't realize at the time that returns were 7 days) and the 1-877 number is not working. Anyone having the same issue?
Alternate between french and english, I had an easier time getting a line with the french option.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1804 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I just got a call from the Brick stating that they will honour the Samsung 6300 55" for $848. lol. I told them I had already e-mailed them last week to cancel and I tried calling, but their number wasn't working. They called me from a 1-855 number. I bought the Samsung 6400 for $799 from HDTV and Electronics, so screw the Brick.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
687 upvotes
Shhanada
On the one hand, I sympathize when retailers get attacked by militant customers. But on the other hand, what's happening here is so perfectly serendipitous.

The Brick's entire business model is based on locking customers into painful and irreversible deals. They have zero sympathy for customers when it comes to sales, service, or warranty. Now they are on the other side of the situation. Their response was inadequate, unapologetic, and unnecessarily delayed, consequentially hurting customers who have now missed other sales.

They demonstrated their priorities in the fact that they were quick to shut down the store but neglectful and slow to communicate or even answer their calls.

Frankly I hope consumers and regulators take them to the woodshed for this. Maybe someone at the top will have a moment of conscience and realize what it feels like when you're trying to cancel a rotten deal.

I don't know all the details of Quebec's policy, but I would like to see retailers held more accountable for their online activities.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1409 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
It would be nice to know the total sales amount from the 50% sale, if it isnt that large they def should honor it but if hoarders screwed around then they should cancel the mass orders