Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
1635 posts
476 upvotes
Barrie

[The Brick] The Brick - VIP Night

Hello,

In my effort to find some appliances I found myself at The Brick. After talking about how to save more money I finally squeezed out of them that this Thursday night they are having their VIP night. I was given an official certificate with my name on it, my sales persons name and signed by the store Manager. I have no idea what the saving are, expect that a dryer is half off regular price when you buy the matching Washer, as they told me it wouldn't be announced until I attended the event on Thursday evening. As an aside they did tell me also this Saturday is 15% anything in the store. Unadvertised and one day only.

ImageImage
30 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4253 posts
109 upvotes
Its more a marketing thing than anything. My friend and I both got this in the past when we were there shopping for TV. Your best bet for a good deal from The Brick is to find out if your company gets a corporate rate from the Brick. Note that the corporate rate is not via their regular retail stores. You have to email their corporate office to confirm the price and place the order from there.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
47 upvotes
currently on the website, they have something called: buy any washer, get the dryer for $299. Isnt this better than getting the dryer at 50% off?
I buy from the brick, but with the knowledge that no matter what the deal, it does not cost much more or much less than the previous "deal".
Mar 10, 2007
700 posts
201 upvotes
sungfra wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 9:46 am
Its more a marketing thing than anything. My friend and I both got this in the past when we were there shopping for TV. Your best bet for a good deal from The Brick is to find out if your company gets a corporate rate from the Brick. Note that the corporate rate is not via their regular retail stores. You have to email their corporate office to confirm the price and place the order from there.
100% right , and i know Teachers get good discount too
Oct 31, 2007
3102 posts
306 upvotes
lol thats funny, trying to get your business so print up some VIP form with your name on it to make the customer feel special. "Don't worry its unadvertised, no one else will know about this !"
Sep 7, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
Honestly, the easiest way to get good pricing at the brick is to hold off on purchases and save up cash so that you can buy multiple things at once. Go to the commercial sales division and tell them you are renovating your house and need new appliances, some furniture pieces etc. They will quote you much lower than the sales people will. Take what you want from the quote and have the commercial sales guys put the order through. needless to say i have full kitchen appliance package in stainless (frigidaire sxs fridge, ceramic cooktop stove, dishwasher, OTR MW and disposal), front load washer dryer (frigidaire affinity with pedestals), expensive sofa, chair, ottoman and chaise (cindy crawford woodrow set), King Size mattress set and sofabed coming with free delivery for $9300 tax included. Considering florr prices on all of this stuff would be well over $12,500 that is a good deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
1635 posts
476 upvotes
Barrie
cdupuis wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 10:59 am
Honestly, the easiest way to get good pricing at the brick is to hold off on purchases and save up cash so that you can buy multiple things at once. Go to the commercial sales division and tell them you are renovating your house and need new appliances, some furniture pieces etc. They will quote you much lower than the sales people will. Take what you want from the quote and have the commercial sales guys put the order through. needless to say i have full kitchen appliance package in stainless (frigidaire sxs fridge, ceramic cooktop stove, dishwasher, OTR MW and disposal), front load washer dryer (frigidaire affinity with pedestals), expensive sofa, chair, ottoman and chaise (cindy crawford woodrow set), King Size mattress set and sofabed coming with free delivery for $9300 tax included. Considering florr prices on all of this stuff would be well over $12,500 that is a good deal.
Cool...thanks for the advice. Guess this 'event' isn't much of an event after all.
Dec 22, 2001
621 posts
66 upvotes
sam100 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 9:54 am
100% right , and i know Teachers get good discount too
Teacher's in which province?
Nov 25, 2002
789 posts
57 upvotes
Brampton
boojew wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 11:27 am
Teacher's in which province?
Ontario Teachers get access to Commercial Sales. However, that is not a great achievement, as it is really easy for anyone to get access to Commercial Sales.
Sep 14, 2008
55 posts
9 upvotes
St. Catharines
I know that teachers in Ontario get a discount through EdVantage (OSSTF and EFTO). I don't really know if I would say it is a good discount though. I am a teacher and inquired about the discount and it's off the regular price. I was able to get our living room set cheaper when it was on sale at the Brick without the discount. However, I did mention the teachers discount at another furniture store and they knocked off 20% to compete. So that is always worth a try.
Nov 25, 2002
789 posts
57 upvotes
Brampton
TEN82 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 11:56 am
I know that teachers in Ontario get a discount through EdVantage (OSSTF and EFTO). I don't really know if I would say it is a good discount though. I am a teacher and inquired about the discount and it's off the regular price. I was able to get our living room set cheaper when it was on sale at the Brick without the discount. However, I did mention the teachers discount at another furniture store and they knocked off 20% to compete. So that is always worth a try.
Floor sales people at Brick will give you a pathetic 15-20% discount off sticker price. You could usually negotiate more than this without even mentioning Edvantage.

However, Commerical Sales will also deal with Edvantage customers. However, as mentioned, it is easy to find Commerical Sales reps who will deal with anyone.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2006
1267 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
And for an added extra super-treat discount, you can pool Gift Cards on sale from our "BST:Gift Cards" thread!!

Or just a click on my sig.
Aug 7, 2007
99 posts
8 upvotes
We were in the Brick, pricing a 40 inch Sony on Monday.
I was able to price match it at FutureShop yesterday against the Brick's $899 price. To verify the PM, the salesrep checked the Brick's website. The price under the pic of the KDL40M4000 was infact $899. Today, on the same website the price under the pic of the KDL40M4000 is $1299; click on its link, and you will see the 'web price' of $899. Would this be in preparation for the Bricks VIP sale???
**By the same token, FutureShop had a tag of $1199 on the set Monday just in advance of their Friends & Family Sale. (with FF 10% discount, the TV would have cost about $1080); Yesterday, it was reduced to $998!!
...not only did we benefit from the PM, but FS also offers a free BELL expressvu kit with each HDTV sold (translates to a years' free rental of HD receiver or PVR for existing or new customers!)
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
1507 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
nabeel wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 11:52 am
Ontario Teachers get access to Commercial Sales. However, that is not a great achievement, as it is really easy for anyone to get access to Commercial Sales.
Easy? How so.. how do the rest of us get access to "commercial" sales?
Sep 7, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
chadw01 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 1:51 pm
Easy? How so.. how do the rest of us get access to "commercial" sales?

Like said, make sure that you need to buy a bunch of stuff, then you can tell them you are renovating. They will usually help you out. They work on commission as well. If youare looking for one item, don't waste their time, just hash it out with a florr sales rep. BTW, don't go looking for sweet deals on electronics, even with commercial pricing they do not exist, but accesories on the other hand, i purchased a sanus wall mount last year that was listed at $149 and left paying $90 taxes in with the commercial sales discount.
× < >