• May 14th, 2014 4:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
Jon Lai wrote: Amen to this. Why do you want to bring it?
Because the fertilizer I'm interested in works MUCH better than the Canadian version they sell here. A friend of mine used it on his lawn, and i've never seen such a beautiful green color in my life!
Be Happy
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
beachdude wrote: Because the fertilizer I'm interested in works MUCH better than the Canadian version they sell here. A friend of mine used it on his lawn, and i've never seen such a beautiful green color in my life!
Probably it was the seed he used. Fertilizer doesn't vary that much. If you look at the specific ingredients you can get it here too.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
eonibm wrote: If you look at the specific ingredients you can get it here too.
Nope. OP is talking about weed & feed fertilizer containing 2,4-D. You can't get that here. Well, not in most provinces, there are still a couple left where it isn't banned yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
eonibm wrote: Probably it was the seed he used. Fertilizer doesn't vary that much. If you look at the specific ingredients you can get it here too.
I did. If you look at the product (Scott's Turf Builder Fertilizer with weed prevent) the ingredients are dif. from Canada & USA. The USA one works amazing.
Be Happy
May 8, 2014
38 posts
8 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
so you're looking to import a likely-banned fertilizer for the sole purpose of making your lawn greener. mmhmm
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
722 upvotes
Shhanada
beachdude wrote: I did. If you look at the product (Scott's Turf Builder Fertilizer with weed prevent) the ingredients are dif. from Canada & USA. The USA one works amazing.
What are the differences in ingredients? I know the Canadian version of some products are formulated for a lowest common denominator, in this case that would likely be Toronto's strict bylaws. By doing this, they can sell the product everywhere without having to do a special run just for Toronto or other communities.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2570 posts
461 upvotes
beachdude wrote: Everything I want to bring in is NOT illegal, but they don't sell it in Canada. It's one of those things where you can use the stuff in Canada but they don't sell the items here.
I am not an expert, but I would guess that the reason it's not sold in Canada is because it is illegal to import... which is what you would be doing by bringing it across the border.

Even though it may not be illegal to posess, it could be illegal (or at least prohibited) to import, which could possibly get you in trouble.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
cwb27 wrote: Any BSO that hears the word "supplement" is going to want to take a closer look.

The consequences for smuggling prohibited or controlled goods into Canada can be MUCH more serious than simply "being flagged in their file".
I bring supplements (and this is what I declare them as when asked) every other month. They've never taken a 'closer look' besides looking over the receipt which I present to them every time. In over a year and half that I've been going across, I never had any issues. I do have a NEXUS pass.