• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2010 8:15 am
Tags:
None
Nov 1, 2005
192 posts
28 upvotes

which britax to get?

I have a rav4, and need to buy the next car seat up: a britax: either the boulevard or the advocate. Any advice over which is better, and if we got two advocates, could we fit them in our car? :razz:
8 replies
May 3, 2009
255 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
stars78 wrote: I have a rav4, and need to buy the next car seat up: a britax: either the boulevard or the advocate. Any advice over which is better, and if we got two advocates, could we fit them in our car? :razz:
are you putting both forward facing? if so, you shouldn't have a problem with either models. But you could always ask the store if you can try to see if they will fit in your car before actually buying them, just to be sure.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7478 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
The 2010 Britax models are coming out soon, if you do not need one now, might as well wait for the new model, the new model will support 40lb real facing, if you use for front facing only, the current ones on sale would be fine.
Feb 12, 2002
817 posts
227 upvotes
Vancouver
rivet wrote: The 2010 Britax models are coming out soon, if you do not need one now, might as well wait for the new model, the new model will support 40lb real facing, if you use for front facing only, the current ones on sale would be fine.
I was looking for the old Marathon, the current ones are 20% off everywhere. The sales person says the new ones have higher weight limits are less bulky. I ended up buying Sunshine Kids Radian, it was not on sale but it sits lower for my SUV, easier to load the kids.
Apr 6, 2006
214 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver BC
I have both a Marathon and Boulevard. Both are great but the Marathon is definitely our favorite. It seems cooler for my son in hot weather. The strap in the Boulevard is a little stiffer and harder to tighten. I looked at the Advocate but it is a HUGE seat... sucks for the person sitting in front of the carseat because they have to put their front seat way up.
Dec 5, 2007
479 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
stars78 wrote: I have a rav4, and need to buy the next car seat up: a britax: either the boulevard or the advocate. Any advice over which is better, and if we got two advocates, could we fit them in our car? :razz:
We have a 2010 RAV4 and recently purchased a Britax Advocate CS and it fits perfectly. I don't see why 2 wouldn't fit. Ours is currently rearfacing and there is still tons of room for the front passenger.

With all of the 20% off sales right now, the Advocate is the same price as a regular-priced Boulevard. It's worth it for the extra safety features, plus our daughter loves it.
Jul 15, 2008
985 posts
239 upvotes
Edge
bhp wrote: I was looking for the old Marathon, the current ones are 20% off everywhere. The sales person says the new ones have higher weight limits are less bulky. I ended up buying Sunshine Kids Radian, it was not on sale but it sits lower for my SUV, easier to load the kids.
Where did you find 20% off? Is this with trade-in in TRU? I'm looking for a convertable car seat too for our Mazda3 sedan.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9294 posts
415 upvotes
What year RAV4? For the current generation (2006+ the middle seat is tough to put in a child safety seat, due to the lack of a LATCH system in the center, and how the bs belt system is
Dec 5, 2007
479 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
B0000rt wrote: What year RAV4? For the current generation (2006+ the middle seat is tough to put in a child safety seat, due to the lack of a LATCH system in the center, and how the bs belt system is
The middle seat is useless, but you can definitely fit 2 carseats in the back, one on each side. (Only problem is, nobody's going to be able to sit back there with them.)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)