Students

BROCK UNIVERSITY - SPORTS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM? How is it ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2019 11:45 am
[OP]
Apr 1, 2009
140 posts

BROCK UNIVERSITY - SPORTS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM? How is it ?

has anyone taken the sports management program? If so what should i know about it, what to be aware of, how the programs run etc.
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW please pm me or write on the thread of any testimonials and information you know of. THANKS
9 replies
Mar 27, 2010
89 posts
9 upvotes
Vaughan
I heard nothing but bad things about that program (from my friends who attend BrockU's BAcc and BBA programs)
Dec 21, 2011
3 posts
KESWICK
I am in 2nd year in Brock Sport Management program. If you have the chance to apply, it may be the greatest choice you will make. Brock is (despite some peoples eyes) a great school with great athletics. Being the only program of its kind in Ontario universities (Laurentian has sports admin, but it isn't up to snuff, I checked it out) and the opportunities to volunteer with pro and junior sports teams is great. Also the Buffalo Sabres are 25 minutes away!

The professors are really down to earth and are very experienced in the field. The class sizes are smaller than most (although the program is popular). Any more questions reply to this.
Feb 29, 2012
1 posts
NORTH VANCOUVER
EMAC10 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2012 8:05 am
I am in 2nd year in Brock Sport Management program. If you have the chance to apply, it may be the greatest choice you will make. Brock is (despite some peoples eyes) a great school with great athletics. Being the only program of its kind in Ontario universities (Laurentian has sports admin, but it isn't up to snuff, I checked it out) and the opportunities to volunteer with pro and junior sports teams is great. Also the Buffalo Sabres are 25 minutes away!

The professors are really down to earth and are very experienced in the field. The class sizes are smaller than most (although the program is popular). Any more questions reply to this.

Hey there. Im really interested in applying for this program after i completed a diploma in entertainment management. Was it hard to get into? Are the classes interesting for someone interested in sports marketing/management? Is the work load overwhelming? Are teachers easy to talk to and not so intimidating? I've always been fascinated with this field of study. Ive been out of high school for about two 1/2 years but my marks weren't that great in high school (clued in while in college lol) so I'm looking to upgrade my english marks for a better chance at getting in. Sorry for all the questions haha but i can't find any other feedback and i don't wanna waste my moola if the program is a bust! Thank youu
Aug 16, 2008
255 posts
7 upvotes
IB14 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2011 11:29 am
I heard nothing but bad things about that program (from my friends who attend BrockU's BAcc and BBA programs)

"My friend" "bad things"

If you can not give out any concrete anecdote or statistics, simply do not bother reply OP who is asking a serious question. RFD has enough of this "my friend" bull*****.
Mar 6, 2011
1 posts
New at this, looking for info about this program and other tips and tricks. My son will be going there soon and looking for inside help. TIA
Apr 14, 2017
638 posts
240 upvotes
DT Calgary
Laurentian has arguably a better program. It's really all their known for outside of Mining and Geology.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3061 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga
I went to Brock for program, its very interesting, one thing about working in sport you have to hustle and be prepared to start with no so glamorous jobs but opportunities are there for the taking.