Broken iTouch

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2010 7:49 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 25, 2007
151 posts

Broken iTouch

My first generation iTouch is having an issue with the mic jack and the charging port not working. Both work if you move it around a bit, but if the iPod moves a little bit then the music will stop. I'm looking to replace just the mic jack and the charging port for my Ipod but cant find any place that can do that. I just called Apple and the best they could do was sell me a new one for $250.

Does anyone know of any place online that sells iPod parts?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2017 posts
245 upvotes
Munford wrote: My first generation iTouch is having an issue with the mic jack and the charging port not working. Both work if you move it around a bit, but if the iPod moves a little bit then the music will stop. I'm looking to replace just the mic jack and the charging port for my Ipod but cant find any place that can do that. I just called Apple and the best they could do was sell me a new one for $250.

Does anyone know of any place online that sells iPod parts?

What's an iTouch?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
ebay?
you can sometimes find parts sellers on kijiji/craiglist also.
Unless you're doing the work yourself though, I'd say just cut your losses and get a new/used ipod touch again.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Looks like you need something like this: http://www.ipodjuice.com/AB4F1D8928C84B ... 978D502BD7

I don't know how reliable the site is. It's just one of the top result when I used Google.

Doing it yourself is probably the only way, unless your iPod is still under warranty. With CC purchase you automatically get another year of coverage, or maybe you bought Apple care.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Mar 31, 2009
237 posts
8 upvotes
They are not hard to fix. I repaired my nephews Touch after it got caught in the mechanism of a Lazy Boy. Plenty of vids on Youtube to learn how to do it and parts on ebay.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)