• May 30th, 2018 4:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 23, 2008
654 posts
103 upvotes

Broken new 3ds xl...buy 2dsxl ?

Hi !
out of the blue my kid new 3ds xl have stop working. The power lights is on, we can hear the sound but both screen stay black. I've try to remove and put back the battery, drain it and charge it, remove sd and put it back and no luck.

Since is out of warranty I geuss that repair it would cost less that get a new one but not by much. My kids sometimes use the 3d , but really not that much, maybe a 2dsxl would be the way to go .

There's many (2dsxl) on Kijiji that are like new for 130-150$ which, I guess, would be the price to have the new3ds repair by Nintendo

What would you do ?
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6317 posts
2383 upvotes
Toronto
wow coincidentally I had this exact issue with my 3DS this morning when I tried to open it out of sleep mode and I kinda freaked out but just holding down power button so I cold boot it fixed it for me. If you already removed the battery and that didn't fix it then I'm not sure. probably a different issue but weird coincidence that i had a very similar issue literally this morning
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2899 posts
323 upvotes
Ottawa
tostaky wrote:
May 29th, 2018 2:51 pm
There's many (2dsxl) on Kijiji that are like new for 130-150$ which, I guess, would be the price to have the new3ds repair by Nintendo
Why not call them and ask? $130 sounds awfully steep; I read something once about $70.