Fashion & Beauty

Brown or Black Leather Jacket? Buttons or Zipper? which one looks better?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2005 8:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2004
10377 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto

Brown or Black Leather Jacket? Buttons or Zipper? which one looks better?

Brown or Black Leather Jacket? which one do you think looks better? What's your personal preference? Button up or Zipper?
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
50 replies
Nov 2, 2004
538 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Go Usher style, brown!. When I see black leather jackets I think they are either a biker or a gangsta.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6614 posts
1012 upvotes
BC
black. i would never own a brown leather jacket. brown suede yes, brown leather, no.

black also will go with anything that you wear.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6221 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
brown if you're older

black if you're young (under 28)

but I personally wouldn't wear black leather even if it was free.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Dark brown. It's classier. Black is way overplayed and should be left for the motorcyclists.
Banned
May 23, 2005
3038 posts
Heh! It's too funny that this thread is currently right beside the China's Dog and Cat Fur Trade thread. Here people are casually discussing their favourite colour of animal skin, over there they're throwing a conniption over animal skins. Go figure...
"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
biosh wrote:Heh! It's too funny that this thread is currently right beside the China's Dog and Cat Fur Trade thread. Here people are casually discussing their favourite colour of animal skin, over there they're throwing a conniption over animal skins. Go figure...
We're shallow. Dogs and cats are cute. Cows aren't.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3133 posts
16 upvotes
how you gona base this on color alone? I can find terrible looking jackets in both colors, why don't you just find a style you like first.
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
8513 posts
252 upvotes
biosh wrote:Heh! It's too funny that this thread is currently right beside the China's Dog and Cat Fur Trade thread. Here people are casually discussing their favourite colour of animal skin, over there they're throwing a conniption over animal skins. Go figure...
Different cultures, different acceptance levels.

People here don't usually eat or wear domesticated animals. That's why people get upset about the dog and cat fur thing. Cows, chickens, pigs, etc are just mindless animals for slaughter in the minds of people here. Which is kind of true I guess.

You got to admit that it's a little weird to take the fur of domesticated animals. Especially such small animals.

EDIT: I agree with the previous poster. Leather jackets are won and lost on the fit and look. It could be black or brown but if it looks bad the colour won't matter. I'd go for black though because brown is sort of...bleh
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1705 posts
148 upvotes
Well...many, many years ago I really wanted a black leather jacket. My wife got me a brown one. :confused:

Flash forward to these days.. the jacket still exists...it has been beat up and abused for 10 or so years. The way it has worn and aged and what not has turned it into a great looking jacket. People comment on the "great jacket" whenever I wear it out.

I don't think a black leather jacket would ever look good all beat up and faded and worn. So... if you are just going to wear it for a year or two, go black; if you're going to keep it forever, go with the brown.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7640 posts
448 upvotes
BC
Black. Black goes with every other colour.
insert witty comment
Dec 25, 2004
681 posts
6 upvotes
why choose? I want both. But I bought black first.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)